Drake Is NICE..but he NOT THAT NICE!

Originally Posted by Zeus23

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

Drake is OVERated. POINT BLANK PERIOD.

Blu>Kid Cudi>Drake>Wale>A.Roth

Isn't he the handicapped dude from Degrassi anyways?

50 Cent is gonna eat him alive... and he says Jay-Z's name on EVERY OTHER song. SMH
what does that have to do with anything
eyes.gif
ZERO street cred, How many rappers you know had a major television deal before they were in the rap game? HYPE-HOP
dont your girl be slappin you up? what you know about street cred
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Treated.

How your girl Chris Browning you? You the Rihanna of the relationship...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

kanye-west-love-lockdown.jpg

"You loooooooooooose..."

But anyway, Drake is dope. I think a lot the excitement over his music is somewhat justified. He makes quality records and has an ear for production. Hedoesn't put out a lot of half-@ssed material from what I've heard. But timing, image, and his famous co-signs have a lot to do with it at the sametime.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by ethanlee29

Drake is OVERated. POINT BLANK PERIOD.

Blu>Kid Cudi>Drake>Wale>A.Roth

Isn't he the handicapped dude from Degrassi anyways?

50 Cent is gonna eat him alive... and he says Jay-Z's name on EVERY OTHER song. SMH
what does that have to do with anything
eyes.gif
ZERO street cred, How many rappers you know had a major television deal before they were in the rap game? HYPE-HOP
laugh.gif
28bwish.gif

GOT EM

My bro and ace was trying mad hard to put me onto him. I dismissed him initially cuz i was enhhh then i hear about the Degrassi !#*...

I go on a DLing binge and i LOVE what i hear from dude.

@ Def Jam,you got Al Branch, former marketing exec for Hip Hop Since 1978/marketing exec for Sony Urban telling me to tell other execs how nice son is cuz heknows i bump his !#* religiously in the office.

He def gets spins outside of NT. He's marketable,can spit and has a good ear for beats.
with that said I think Drake is nice and he should have been on that XXL cover over Ace Hood.
i initially thought the same thing. it's ALL politics. Ace Hood had a album coming out, DJ prolly paid XXL some under table cash....and the#** only sold 50K.Khaled about to get fired for that.

drake will never be better than trey songz!!!! TREY'S DNA IS N HIS MUSIC.... AND IF ANYONE HERE WILL SAY DRAKE CAN OUT SING TREY YALL R CRAZY

Originally Posted by RoddyRodPiper

drake will never be better than trey songz!!!! TREY'S DNA IS N HIS MUSIC.... AND IF ANYONE HERE WILL SAY DRAKE CAN OUT SING TREY YALL R CRAZY

True.

Ben Baller smoking dust...

Originally Posted by RIPyzyz

True.

Nothin' against Trey but, I'd rather hear Drake sing on a track than Trey sing on one. Yea, Trey can hit the high notes and all that better than Drakecan but Drake's voice is different, and really unique, so it stands out more. Plus, Drake is a better songwriter than Trey. So IMO, Drake >> Treyas a rapper and overall artist. You really must be an idiot to not see the potential in Drake's music and say that he'll never be a better artist thanTrey, that's just preposterous.

Originally Posted by Barack 0drama

laugh.gif

Treated.

How your girl Chris Browning you? You the Rihanna of the relationship...
eek.gif
laugh.gif

kanye-west-love-lockdown.jpg

"You loooooooooooose..."

But anyway, Drake is dope. I think a lot the excitement over his music is somewhat justified. He makes quality records and has an ear for production. He doesn't put out a lot of half-@ssed material from what I've heard. But timing, image, and his famous co-signs have a lot to do with it at the same time.

laugh.gif
damn....play nice

I like Drake the rapper but singing wise seriously I wouldnt see this dude having a career based on his singing at all. Sound like he just whispering at acertain level to pretend he can sing.

No !%+##@%% overall Rapper x Singer, Trey>>>Drake.

(NBA Live Scores)

Trey
Rapping:70
Singing:90

Drake
Rapping:85
Singing:60

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

True.

Nothin' against Trey but, I'd rather hear Drake sing on a track than Trey sing on one. Yea, Trey can hit the high notes and all that better than Drake can but Drake's voice is different, and really unique, so it stands out more. Plus, Drake is a better songwriter than Trey. So IMO, Drake >> Trey as a rapper and overall artist. You really must be an idiot to not see the potential in Drake's music and say that he'll never be a better artist than Trey, that's just preposterous.

Trey's vibrato on his voice isn't that great ya'll Trey ISNT the best singer in the world...

I like Drake the rapper but singing wise seriously I wouldnt see this dude having a career based on his singing at all. Sound like he just whispering at a certain level to pretend he can sing.

No !%+##@%% overall Rapper x Singer, Trey>>>Drake.

(NBA Live Scores)

Trey
Rapping:70
Singing:90

Drake
Rapping:85
Singing:60

There's videos of him singing on stage, and he's definitely not whispering. So let's bump that singing attribute up to, let's say 75. Trey's been in the game for a while too. Drake hasn't even put out an album yet. Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by solesavage

I've never in my life heard of this dude. Where can I hear from him without having to download anything? I'm pretty damn sure i'll be dissapointed because NT slurps on gucci and he's trash to me.

And for the record Blu is nothing without Exile. True story.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Fantastic4our

the hate is strong with this one...

this definitely coulda went in the other thread tho
smh.gif
Why does NT have to hate on everything
smh.gif
, this thread makes absolute no sense to me.

Drake is nice point blank period. His flow is better than 95% of all these new rappers ( I aint heard Blu and after Kid Kudi getting arrested at an Adidasparty for wearing Jordans and whatever else he did he sounds like a herb so i'm not going to listen to him) and 75% better than most of the rappers in thegame right now.

Obviously when folks say Drake is Jesus etc. they are joking, stop taking %*++ so damn serious its only for the lulz.

Originally Posted by The Great Hibachi

True.

Nothin' against Trey but, I'd rather hear Drake sing on a track than Trey sing on one. Yea, Trey can hit the high notes and all that better than Drake can but Drake's voice is different, and really unique, so it stands out more. Plus, Drake is a better songwriter than Trey. So IMO, Drake >> Trey as a rapper and overall artist. You really must be an idiot to not see the potential in Drake's music and say that he'll never be a better artist than Trey, that's just preposterous.
indifferent.gif
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom