Drake makes a cogent observation.

All societies have...Look at at the Caste society in India, you will find the "undesirables" within the system are often always the darker Indians. Same thing in China and all other countries I realize. But black culture is the only one I have seen make it into the competitve thing even if it is all joking. When I see my friends joining facebook groups like "Dark Skin People Will Always Be In Style," I find it sad one level and gay on another. Sad, because if you really have to join a group like that, it shows the history of how even within ethnicities the darker skin individuals always will get the short end of the stick, whether we are talking about Italy or Colombia. Maybe it is my own ignorance in pretending we could be trying to move past that stage somewhat, but I just find it questionable that a man would ever consider a tone of skin, to be in style.

First of all...we need to kill that DuBoisian double consciousness and stop caring what other groups think and say about us because they have their own dirty laundry and inner disputes.

redneck.jpg
  vs.
yuppie.jpg

Lets get that out the way first...

Secondly. This is a topic is a carry over from the bitter days of slavery but it can actually be used to bring us together to some extent.

We are an original people and our hue covers every possible human color variation on the Globe.

albino_african_americans.jpg

Modupe1.bmp
rosa-parks.jpg
MLK%20best%20face%20color.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

michael-jordan-xx3.jpg

r214499_830676.jpg

Its not a conversation to run away from and you should harbor no shame, no matter your hue.

But now y'all want to act like we don't talk about these things on the ball court or joke about it at Thanksgiving dinner?

Get it out in the open and lets come together under as the sons and daughters of Africa and remove any vestige of separation within our community.

I made the post as a joke but realized that I had to stay on top of the thread to keep it in the right direction....but ignoring a topic will not make it go away. It'll just drag on forever.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

but I just find it questionable that a man would ever consider a tone of skin, to be in style.

cosign. one of my light skin indian friends is afraid to go out in the sun in fear of a tan
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
so damn feminine...

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

but I just find it questionable that a man would ever consider a tone of skin, to be in style.

cosign. one of my light skin indian friends is afraid to go out in the sun in fear of a tan
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
so damn feminine...

A lot of Indians bleach their skin also.

Originally Posted by HueyP in LouieV

Originally Posted by nawlinsjunkie

indifferent.gif
laugh.gif
so damn feminine...

A lot of Indians people bleach their skin also.
*fixed. We all remember that thread

Back
Top Bottom