Drake vs. Meek Mill: The Thread we were all to lazy to make until now. Reference Tracks released

The piss comment wasn't even towards drake?

It was towards someone else, hell - half the song was towards that other dude.

And yes, yes being a stay at home daddy while your girl brings in the bread is embarrassing...

Comparing your relationship to jay z and beyonces is even more so.

Dudes a clown in this situation.

It was about Drake

Love lyrics and im not condoning ghost writing when a rapper claims to get busy...

But what gets me in this Drake situation is the fraction of people that are coming at Drake like they are fully aware of what he wrote and what he didn't because songs were posted online titled "reference tracks".

Like you dudes have no context. You weren't involved in the recording process. You weren't in the studio when these records were made. So how do you arrive at the conclusion that Q. Miller wrote all of these records? How do you know what he contributed? Please explain to me how you arrived at that, because I see so much room for validation.

Its no denying that the dude was involved in the song but to what extent? I am not disqualifying Drake from being dope without knowing that.

Drake could create the flow and lyrics for 75% or more of a song. Give an order to the lil homie like "see what you can do with that while Im out on tour...add some lines and ill let you know". Dude raps all of drake parts and adds or changes one or two parts. Drake says I like that part you did...good looking I am gonna keep it.

You all have no proof that what i stated above didnt occur. and if any of the above happened, do you not know how common that is in rap???

So running with this whole Drake is getting entire verses written for him is premature in my opinion. There are so many unknown facts.

>>>>>>>>>>>Meek's
nthat.gif

I wasn't impressed with either of Drakes weak tracks or Meeks pathetic attempt at a diss. This "beef" is corny
YUPPPP

I hate both of these ppl

But the drake bodyguards really trying to downplay getting pee'd on??

Man

Getting peed on, beat up (diddy) and thought of as soft to other men is far worse than your girl making more money than you :lol:

Couple other thoughts:

1. Charged up was nothing at all. Barely a diss. Drake is getting points on that for jumping the beef off and being the "aggressive" one, but there was nothing worth taking that seriously on there.

2. Back to Back was cool, still incredibly low on the all-time list when it comes to diss tracks, but it was well thought out and produced,and it had some good bars.

3. The social media slander after charged up and back to back was arguably harder than anything drake put on wax. This might be the first battle that a dude loses largely due to people destroying him on Facebook youtube twitter instagram etc, moreso than what the other guy is saying.

4. Meek's diss will never get spins even 6 months from now. Wack *** beat, he's mumbling, **** sounds disjointed, Cmon bruh. All the great diss tracks are also just great songs musically, maybe he's not getting that, but that **** was trash.

5. Somebody said it earlier, but Common went 1000x harder on that stay schemin remix freestyle than meek did with a week's preparation. People were saying "what can you even say to Drake?" A clever dude with a more official rep like common or cole or kendrick or pusha or jay could light drake up. Theres a reason drake never responded on wax to Common explicitly calling his name :lol: I don't think Meek is that dude and I think Drake knows it, he's just having fun with him now.

Last edited:
None of those "reference" tracks prove anything. A lot of musicians outside of hip hop will write and record a song, and then have someone else go on mic and do they're own take. It allows for the artist to hear things they might not have heard themself and from there they change and incorporate things they liked. 

I suspect Drake and Quentin collaborated with Q mainly providing flow ideas, and lines here or there. But none of these are ENTIRE verses. Its not like Drake can't pen, it seems more like he seeked out Quentin for a fresh sound which while isn't a good look either, it's definately not ghost writing. 

Drake has made lots of music, Q has been there for 5 songs. Give me a break Meek. 

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Hip hop fans are so dumb when it comes to musical concepts it is ridiculous. And they wonder why there are people from other genres who don't take the art form serious.

Soooo, where does Meek go from here? Rep tarnished.

Not if he apologizes to the spectators/fans for the lackluster effort after a week and drops a hard hitting response. And he gotta leave social media references out of it. When talking about follower counts before "Wanna Know" all I could think about was "That really doesn't matter, why should it matter to you especially w/ the image you made for yourself as a no nonsense dude from Philly?"

He also gotta respond to Drake in a verse, then whoever else he wants to target. Can't jump from one dude in a bar to the next in another in the same verse.

So that's worse than simping for strippers and flying them around the country, buying them stuff and creating songs about them?

That's worse than being peed on and not standing up for youself?

You kids are lost :lol:

#FACTS

It's too many losers in this generation. Caught up in all the wrong things. I can't even be bothered with most cats at this point. Wack mentalities in abundance

This beef is wacK. Thought it was kinda tasteless for Meek calling out Drake the way he did. We heard the reference tracks and tbh it sounds like Miller just made the hook, Drake too nice to be doubting his pen. Meek and flex just sound sour about it all, I mean me being me I always read the credits behind the making of a record an Drake gave to dude his credit. So what's all this really about I wonder??

Kinda disappointed that these boys won't be making music together again tho..
Either way Drake's fans won't be letting Meek slide wit just these mumble raps, Meek needs a diss record fully dedicated to destroying dude

Meek Mill's random line at the end of his Drake diss song -- that Drake once got PEED ON -- is true.
The lyric in question came at the very end of "Wanna Know," where Meek said, "You let Tip homie piss on you in a movie theater n****, we ain’t forget."
Our sources say, it all went down in 2010, during a private screening of "Takers" on the Sony lot ... a movie in which Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Chris Brown and T.I. all starred.
Drake attended the screening and, 30 minutes in, jumped up screaming and ran out of the theater.
We're told a dispute erupted over who was sitting where ... apparently Drake and one of T.I.'s childhood friends got into it. The friend got pissed, and pissed on Drake.
We're told Drake ran out of the theater, screaming "motherf*****."
And sources told us the obvious ... intoxicants were involved.
See also

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3hU9SWI92

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Hip hop fans are so dumb when it comes to musical concepts it is ridiculous. And they wonder why there are people from other genres who don't take the art form serious.

No.

Reference tracks can be used to get another perspective but in hip hop, reference tracks are generally used to ghostwrite. See biggie on queen *****, Jay on still dre, Eminem on pop a bottle, or the 1000s of other examples out there.

Since the beginning of hip hop the rule has been if you want to claim to be an ill lyricist, you need to write your ****. It's a simple rule. Drake claims to be the best out, so he should also abide by that rule. Otherwise he needs to start saying his ghostwriters are the best out. There's no other music genre where people literally brag in the songs about being the illest, so why would comparing hip hop to some other art form make sense here?

Meek Mill's random line at the end of his Drake diss song -- that Drake once got PEED ON -- is true.
The lyric in question came at the very end of "Wanna Know," where Meek said, "You let Tip homie piss on you in a movie theater n****, we ain’t forget."
Our sources say, it all went down in 2010, during a private screening of "Takers" on the Sony lot ... a movie in which Matt Dillon, Paul Walker, Chris Brown and T.I. all starred.
Drake attended the screening and, 30 minutes in, jumped up screaming and ran out of the theater.
We're told a dispute erupted over who was sitting where ... apparently Drake and one of T.I.'s childhood friends got into it. The friend got pissed, and pissed on Drake.
We're told Drake ran out of the theater, screaming "motherf*****."
And sources told us the obvious ... intoxicants were involved.
See also

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz3hU9SWI92

tmz aint got NO CHILL :rofl:

View media item 1652509

The foundation of hip hop in Rapper's Delight was ghostwritten by Grandmaster Caz. Lets cut it out with the authenticity of lyrics actually mattering now. Y'all are acting like he never touched the paper with his pen. You bringing up people that have never written to support your reference track theory. Dr. Dre never wrote anything from his days in NWA to the upcoming album that's supposed to be dropping. Look at the credits in the Chronic. He has less than five writing credits on the album (I'm being generous with that estimate) and its heralded as an album you must listen to regardless of the genre.

The foundation of hip hop in Rapper's Delight was ghostwritten by Grandmaster Caz. Lets cut it out with the authenticity of lyrics actually mattering now. Y'all are acting like he never touched the paper with his pen. You bringing up people that have never written to support your reference track theory. Dr. Dre never wrote anything from his days in NWA to the upcoming album that's supposed to be dropping. Look at the credits in the Chronic. He has less than five writing credits on the album (I'm being generous with that estimate) and its heralded as an album you must listen to regardless of the genre.

No it's not

Because that was the foundation of pop rap

You believe what you want, but it is the foundation of the genre being what it is today and none of the track was written by the original performers.

No, it was the foundation for the first commercial track. Which has been raps downfall.

Rap was going on long before Rapper's Delight.

And only one verse was by Caz.

The diss was awful, and a frantic attempt to salvage his dignity.

This is the standard definition of when 'keeping it real goes wrong.' A moment of honesty put Meek in a situation he wasn't truly prepared for. He thought Drake would come cowering for his affection like Wale. But instead Drake went to the drawing board.

This is my problem with a lot of hip-hop artist today. They don't understand that they're a brand, and ill advised decisions can cost them millions or negative publicity (see Rick Ross - UOENO controversy). Rappers, such as a lot of entertainers, have this larger than life, more specifically, larger than social norms mentality. Meek has surely shot himself in the foot with this one, and deserves the ridicule he's getting. You think something like this would've gotten out of it was reviewed by his PR team? His net worth is in the millions, and I'm sure he's tied to several mouths, outside of his own, to feed.

For a lot of you, this is an opportunity to unload your frustration on Drake, or you're a Meek fanboy. But remember this started because Meek took offense to Drake not tweeting his album. We cannot lose site of that.

Nah bruh.  I'm not going for the "not that bad" or the "warm-up" excuse.  Meek had damn near a week.   After the opponent is 2 shots in, you dont get a warm-up.  
Plus his boys were on IG all day hyping this up saying this would be the best diss song since Ether.   Song is trash.  You can barely hear what he's saying on some parts.  No way this isnt the worst song of the series.

You cant take a week to make it, hype it up all day, give it to Flex to drop bombs on, and then the s*** be lukewarm.   He's the AGGRESSOR. So no, Meek gets no pass.   Meek STARTED this beef.  You cant start a beef with one of the biggest artists in the game and come out swinging a twig.  Just bad decisions on his part.  As a rap fan that hasnt really seen a good rap beef in a minute, I was disappointed.  Like after all this wait , I wanted and expected Meek to come out and take Drake's head off.  Not only did he have a whole week, but he already heard 2 of Drakes tracks.  He had a leg up.

Honestly, him hyping his song up and dropping a dud is worse than any song Drake could've put out.  I dont think Drake's songs did the damage at all, he did the damage to himself.  When you have Ja Rule on IG clowning you, you know its trash lol.

Meek gotta take his L like a man.  And yall gotta stop caping for dude.  If you dont like Drake or his music, fine.  Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with taking sides.   Somebody will probably come along and come at Drake's throat for real, but Meek just wasnt the one :lol: .

Amusing how you all just overlooked this one.

Hank was not respected, and was looked at as a fraud when people found out his verse was written. Go back and watch The Show where Russell Simmons is calling him a fake. Who do you know that ever respected Hank as a lyricist?

And in regards to dre never being considered a writer, there's a reason his reference tracks leaked whereas the other "lyricists" that have probably used reference tracks haven't leaked. It would damage their integrity if it did. Authenticity of writing your own raps absolutely matters to a large number if hip hop fans, I can't see how you could argue otherwise. It's the #1 reason Drake felt compelled to respond to Meek, because he insulted his integrity as a lyricist.

Nah bruh.  I'm not going for the "not that bad" or the "warm-up" excuse.  Meek had damn near a week.   After the opponent is 2 shots in, you dont get a warm-up.  
Plus his boys were on IG all day hyping this up saying this would be the best diss song since Ether.   Song is trash.  You can barely hear what he's saying on some parts.  No way this isnt the worst song of the series.

You cant take a week to make it, hype it up all day, give it to Flex to drop bombs on, and then the s*** be lukewarm.   He's the AGGRESSOR. So no, Meek gets no pass.   Meek STARTED this beef.  You cant start a beef with one of the biggest artists in the game and come out swinging a twig.  Just bad decisions on his part.  As a rap fan that hasnt really seen a good rap beef in a minute, I was disappointed.  Like after all this wait , I wanted and expected Meek to come out and take Drake's head off.  Not only did he have a whole week, but he already heard 2 of Drakes tracks.  He had a leg up.

Honestly, him hyping his song up and dropping a dud is worse than any song Drake could've put out.  I dont think Drake's songs did the damage at all, he did the damage to himself.  When you have Ja Rule on IG clowning you, you know its trash lol.

Meek gotta take his L like a man.  And yall gotta stop caping for dude.  If you dont like Drake or his music, fine.  Nothing wrong with that and nothing wrong with taking sides.   Somebody will probably come along and come at Drake's throat for real, but Meek just wasnt the one :lol: .

I'll agree with most of this. Basically Meek's actions and social media hurt Meek more than Drake did. Not saying Drake's **** was wack, it was aight, but Meek played himself more than anything.

Back
Top Bottom