Dressing Better Vol 2.0

not to sound like a cheapo, but I only have 2 shirts that use collar stays, I literally need 1 collar stay ha ha. Is that even possible to buy?

You could always hit up Express and buy one of the clearance 1mx shirts for 16$,they usually come with 2 sets of collar stays and then have yourself a shirt and extra stays for relatively cheap and on the plus side at least from my experience most of the stays are usually metal although I have got a few plastic ones....

i may be late but I know the waxed denim trend has becoming popular lately and i wanted a pair of the naked and famous pair wisith put up but couldn't find them but luckily i didn't know levi has a pair that is 511 black waxed. cant go wrong with levis. wanted to let others know i guess to diversify their jean selection. here is the link price is good to. they also have the same type in 513 pair.

http://www.zumiez.com/levis-511-zah..._content=pla&gclid=CLrEkbiMn7gCFUkS7AoddzwABg

Last edited:
APC my man

Could always go with some 511s or 508s too :smile:

I've been meaning to try some 511's and APC's. How's the sizing on those compared to 508s? Trying to get close to the same fit. 508s need more color variety.

511s are true to size, like the 508s. They're a bit slimmer but still TTS.

Go down one or two sizes on APC, depends on what cut you get/what type of fit you want to achieve.

Go down one or two sizes on APC, depends on what cut you get/what type of fit you want to achieve.
Appreciate the help fam. As for the APC are there any that fit close to the 508? I think i've heard the New Standard is close to it.

Appreciate the help fam. As for the APC are there any that fit close to the 508? I think i've heard the New Standard is close to it.

The new cut for New Standards are a bit looser then before, so they're not very close to the 508. The fit around the thigh/seat is pretty much the same put there's no taper.

The closest to the 508 is now the Petite New Standard, which is essentially a hybrid of the new standards and petite standards. Slim thigh/seat area with a taper.

Need to buy more alpha khakis. Sometimes I'm jelly of you slim folk, but its never been my goal to look like that. Clothes look great though.

This is my reality, g. My brolic physique always means going more sartorial is a guaranteed hassle. I strike gold sometimes, sometimes i'm straddling the line between slim fit or too tight.

Then my boy and his frailness just swoops right in and scoops OTR and it looks dope..then with minor alterations, its even more :nthat:....then im staring at him like

fd02503ed2877efe744386c77e1b070890c2153.gif

The new cut for New Standards are a bit looser then before, so they're not very close to the 508. The fit around the thigh/seat is pretty much the same put there's no taper.

The closest to the 508 is now the Petite New Standard, which is essentially a hybrid of the new standards and petite standards. Slim thigh/seat area with a taper.
I'll have to go with the PNS then. Thanks for the help fam.

Random question but what brand were those suits you bombed us with the other week (Dr.) Rob? All looked great
Sorry I missed this. Not gonna go back and quite but the black and navy are both Tommy Hilfiger, the khaki suit is BR and the 2 linen suits are from h&m
All good. Thought those linens looked familiar lol. And wait wut...did you say you copped a black joint :wow: :wow: :wow:

All good. Thought those linens looked familiar lol. And wait wut...did you say you copped a black joint :wow: :wow: :wow:
The black has its place as my most formal suit. I would never wear it to anything other than a funeral or black tie event. Only reason I bought it was because I needed to as a groomsman in my boys wedding.

Sup fellas, need some tips for my upcoming cruise to Bermuda. I've never been on a cruise, and I'm hearing on the non formal-formal dinner nights where a suit is required, there is still dinners where you can't wear shorts, and need to dress casually.

What should I look to pack? Khakis/dockers + a button down? Deck shoes or dress shoes?

Just found out the dress code for my job is gonna be dress pants/shirts/ties and he higher ups rock full suits every day...gonna have to cop some blazers and get some more ties in my rotation as well :smokin thought its just be polos and jeans since its an engineering office but I'm actually a little hyped :lol:

Just found out the dress code for my job is gonna be dress pants/shirts/ties and he higher ups rock full suits every day...gonna have to cop some blazers and get some more ties in my rotation as well :smokin thought its just be polos and jeans since its an engineering office but I'm actually a little hyped :lol:

what type of engineering?

Congrats famb. Do you :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom