Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Congrats on the feature!

Very nice, not a big fan of the hat, but completely understand the cross promotion.

All the outfits were well done. the last one though was money.

Quick note, surprised your white dress shirts are short enough to pull off untucked. (Mine aren't :frown:)

Last edited:
That last one was a sports shirt from jcrew factory. That's why it is short enough. My dress shirts need to be tucked though. Thank you all for the kind words!

Very nice, not a big fan of the hat, but completely understand the cross promotion.

All the outfits were well done. the last one though was money.

Quick note, surprised your white dress shirts are short enough to pull off untucked. (Mine aren't :frown:)
You need to get sport shirts, man.

No, No, I get that...

I guess I misread the feature, I was under the impression he was pulling off a white dress shirt.

Sports shirts aplenty, no white ones though... :wow:
Get one MTM. Let me know if you want more details. My Tailor's HQ is in Newport Beach. I have gone there before to look at the swatches before picking my shirts. They can easily make a white sport shirt for you. Should be $70 to 120 per shirt depending on the fabric grade.

How do the 484's compare to 511's ??
They're almost identical. I'd post pics but I'm on mobile. Feel free to go onto my blog and search for "Levi's 511" and "J. Crew 484". Pics should show up.

I take a 31 on both. Leg opening is 7".
Thanks Wis. Not sure if I should buy lol still looking at another pair (or 2) of the RLxAE's

Also great feature Adrian!

I said it before and I will say it again. I will always have something close to 50 pairs of sneaks.

I have down sized my collection alot but 50 has kinda always been my ideal number.

Good stuff Adrian.. clean outfits.. that blue suit is money, i love the shade.. but think its too bright for me to wear personally. :smokin

Get one MTM. Let me know if you want more details. My Tailor's HQ is in Newport Beach. I have gone there before to look at the swatches before picking my shirts. They can easily make a white sport shirt for you. Should be $70 to 120 per shirt depending on the fabric grade.

Will take you up on that, probably next spring.

50 seems ideal for a sneaker "collection", I probably have over 150 at the moment, still trying to cut down. 100 first, then 50.

Did anyone buy the Billy Reid Bond peacoat? Seriously considering picking one up for this season...

Me too man. Definitely worth the investment since it will last years. It's also one of the best fitting/looking Peacoats out right now

Last edited:
Will take you up on that, probably next spring.

50 seems ideal for a sneaker "collection", I probably have over 150 at the moment, still trying to cut down. 100 first, then 50.

The cut down can be hard but very rewarding bro. I've made alot of money just cleaning out my closet and selling stuff at the right time and place. I probably had around 200 or so at one time. I gave away ALOT stuff to family overseas.

Others I sold for reasonable prices and almost always made at least what I paid for them (if purchased at retail). I'm still hovering around 60 or 70 pairs but I know that some stuff will get run through within the next year or so.

This?

That thing is hideous IMO. Not a fan of the lapels, nor am I fan of the flap pockets (which is why I passed on the J Crew peacoat).

I think I posted this already, but this W+H peacoat is right up my alley:

Flyknitlvr, that's the one. There's a Billy Reid store in DC that I might try to go to so I can see it in person hopefully.

And UNKWN, agreed :pimp:

If interested, speak now (before I leave)
$70 is the store price. Be reasonable, I need to make something:

I think I've been here once and didn't get any answers so I'll try again:

I'm a newly established young professional (just landed my first full time post-grad job 3 weeks ago) and while I enjoy T-shirts, cargos and sneakers, I'm very much so into high fashion or at least something close to it.

I stand at about 6'1- 6'2 and weight about 295-300 (down from the 320 I originally posted with). Here are my questions:

1. Where do I start looking for decent clothes in my size? Macy's used to have a good selection but has declined for some reason

2. I'm looking at messenger bags. What are some good brands that I should look at? trying to keep it under $250-300 if possible.

3. Shoes. What are some good brands outside of Steve Madden? MK makes shoes in bigger sizes, no?

I appreciate your patience and insight. Just trying to look good in the office and on the weekends :pimp:

I think I've been here once and didn't get any answers so I'll try again:

I'm a newly established young professional (just landed my first full time post-grad job 3 weeks ago) and while I enjoy T-shirts, cargos and sneakers, I'm very much so into high fashion or at least something close to it.

I stand at about 6'1- 6'2 and weight about 295-300 (down from the 320 I originally posted with). Here are my questions:

1. Where do I start looking for decent clothes in my size? Macy's used to have a good selection but has declined for some reason

2. I'm looking at messenger bags. What are some good brands that I should look at? trying to keep it under $250-300 if possible.

3. Shoes. What are some good brands outside of Steve Madden? MK makes shoes in bigger sizes, no?

I appreciate your patience and insight. Just trying to look good in the office and on the weekends :pimp:

1. Depends on the budget. H&M, Zara, Express, Banana, Republic, GAP, JCrew, etc... are all good places to check out. They should have some that fits your size.

2. Check out Jack Spade, it is all I used in college and never had a problem.

3. Also depends on the budget but NTDB favorite are Allen Edmonds right now. Visit a Nordstrom Rack and check out what you can find, their sizes go up to 15 and a handful of larger sizes too if needed.

Also a suggestion, if you are still looking to lose some weight, I'd wait and hold off on purchasing too many clothes. If you are set in your weight, then spend away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom