Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Also agree..nothing catches my attention. I'm sure a lot will make it to a sale, especially all of those items with heavy graphic on them.

Hey_

The Ernest Alexander accessories would make for a good purchase, in my opinion.

Does Gap do student discounts?

Julius F. Wrek

got my pl3.1 for target stuff in today.

oversized tote is huuuge. hopefull theyll allow as carry on for vegas.

shoes are good money for the price.

gonna try on henley.

colorblock shirt fits huge so i gotta return at local store for size swap if avail.

Not into anything in the Gap x GQ collection that's enough for me to buy at retail. May just be on the model but the Baldwin Henleys don't look like they fit like mine do. Bespoken baseball jacket is the best and of course most expensive item.

Gap x GQ is disappointing. 

J. Crew and H&M are taking up more of my closet space these days. With the quality/price/design you can't really beat J. Crew when it comes to mall brandsvnow, everything is done so much better at J. Crew compared to Banana Republic or the Gap. I know J. Crew can get a little pricey at times so if I need to go budget I'm finding H&M delivering all the time. 

I just can't see a reason to buy anything from the Gap or banana republic now. It's a shame, the Gap was amazing back in the 90's. 

Last edited:

Gap x GQ is disappointing. 

J. Crew and H&M are taking up more of my closet space these days. With the quality/price/design you can't really beat J. Crew when it comes to mall brandsvnow, everything is done so much better at J. Crew compared to Banana Republic or the Gap. I know J. Crew can get a little pricey at times so if I need to go budget I'm finding H&M delivering all the time. 

I just can't see a reason to buy anything from the Gap or banana republic now. It's a shame, the Gap was amazing back in the 90's. 
Most of the J crew things I like(the button downs), I just wait a few months for it to drop down in the price and just buy it then. The stuff is good quality just the price be on some other mess.

Any pics on your blog of you wearing them?

:lol: Quite a few:

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/36922650718/sns-herning-knits-are-great

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/35381150485/canadian-tuxedo-and-fair-isle

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/34869939829/casual-friday-the-tie-was-hiding-under-the-camo

http://wisith.tumblr.com/post/33517642726

It looks like a bunch of Old Navy stuff. Those graphics are not appealing.
My thought exactly, even the GQ event they put on tonight...reminded me of the Old Navy item of the week commercials.

i dont know how good of a deal this is, but saw it on SD:

Amazon has Allen Edmonds Men's Fifth Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford Shoes for $239 - 20% off with email signup = $192.20 + free shipping. Thanks krbchestnut

Price Research: Our research indicates that Allen Edmonds Men's Fifth Avenue Cap-Toe Oxford Shoes is $50 lower (153% savings) than the next best available price from a reputable merchant with prices starting from $345 - yuugotserved

Amazon product ASIN B001TDKY8A
i just purchased the walnut strands from the labor day sale, debating if i should get the black and brown cap toes to round out the start of my collection.

Last edited:
Aight my NT GQ SMOOVE RICO SUAVE bros...

for a dude that around 5'11, 194lbs and losing weight

what's a decent slim fit jeans that kinda cheap?

And in general who makes the best slim fit pants?

Not too slim tho...

Jeans, go check either gap or Levi's (508 or 521)

Slim but not too slim trousers (I assume that's what you're asking about) I'd check out Banana Republic. Especially when there's a 30-40% code out which normally floats around every other week or so.

Jeans, go check either gap or Levi's (508 or 521)

Slim but not too slim trousers (I assume that's what you're asking about) I'd check out Banana Republic. Especially when there's a 30-40% code out which normally floats around every other week or so.
If you're going with Levi 508 make sure you go two sizes up in length otherwise they'll fit like skinny jeans.

They sit so nicely over kicks though.. I def recommend.

The only thing i like out of the whole Gap x GQ collection is the belt
The suede varsity is nice too...but not for that price. I kind of like the olive duffel as well but wouldn't pay that price.

Collection is meh

Shoe bank shipment arrived yesterday.

Both of these are 7.5 D. I only have two other pairs of AE now which are 7.5 D as well. I have some heel slippage in the loafers. I am afraid to go down to a 7 D on the loafers because I remember buying my first pair of AE's in Nordstrom I tried a 7 D and it was too small. Now I am thinking I may be a 7 E truly because while the two pair of AE I already have are 7.5 D fit and my heel doesn't really slip when tied tightly, I can still barely fit my index finger inbetween my the heel of my foot and the shoe. I have Nike sizing mastered but still getting used to dress shoes. It can be frustrating getting the right size especially when dealing with online orders and having to ship things back. I think I'm going to go to an actual Allen Edmonds store and try some pairs on to see if the 7 E is better than the 7.5 D before I return these to the shoe bank to get the right size. The strands fit and but I'm wearing my walnut strands now thinking that a 7 E would be better. A little frustrated I have to send these back and they might not have them in another size. So nice in person though. Couldn't even tell they were seconds.

The shoe bank will accept returns right? They never sent my Sanderson Snuff Suedes though, but they didn't charge my CC either. God damn that Nate dude he's a horrible sales associate.

Can I return these to a regular Allen Edmonds retail location?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom