Dressing Better Vol 2.0

eiddyfouw eiddyfouw

That jacket is a little too small for you. The sleeves are a bit too short, but everything else looks fine to me. Maybe I'd get it brought in just a little bit--we're talking marginal here. For a better visual representation, you can provide us a picture of you wearing a shirt, just to see how much sleeve is exposed. I think the rule of thumb is to expose maybe a 1/4 inch if I'm not mistaken. Judging from your pictures, it seems like the sleeve will have almost a full inch of exposure. When you lift your arms up--you'll see the entire cuff.

I have the same issue as you do. I have a large upper body with wide shoulders and a slim waist. It's tough buying off the rack :frown:

I agree with Hank. Can you retake the photo with your shirt sleeves fixed so we can get a better visualization?

Thanks for the advice. I figured I wasn't going to get much out of this jacket. I was just hopeful :lol:

I was just coming from work, so I hadn't rolled down the sleeves of my shirt for the test pic...

Once I did

:smh:

Time to call my father and mail him his jacket back. :smh:

Last edited:
I'm going to start purposely over dressing on casual Fridays. The only guy in a suit on fridays is bound to get noticed by people.

I think people can still notice you without having to wear a suit on Fridays. Usually on Friday's--I'll wear sport coats with sweaters or just a reg dress shirt and shoes. Sometimes I'll mix in a tie with the combo. Just make sure you wear really nice dress shoes. You can get away with wearing loafers or moccs too, but there are specificities to this.

Just don't be that guy who wear's sneakers to the office on Casual Friday :lol:

I'm going to start purposely over dressing on casual Fridays. The only guy in a suit on fridays is bound to get noticed by people.

I think people can still notice you without having to wear a suit on Fridays. Usually on Friday's--I'll wear sport coats with sweaters or just a reg dress shirt and shoes. Sometimes I'll mix in a tie with the combo. Just make sure you wear really nice dress shoes. You can get away with wearing loafers or moccs too, but there are specificities to this.

Depends on the company.

Can be done.

I've seen dudes wearing football jerseys, dress pants and dress shoes to the office on Casual Fridays :lol:

But sneakers, can be done, just not some Jay's or AF1's, but a low profile sneaker can be done.

:frown: I am that guy.

I wear sneakers on Friday about 80 percent of the time. Jordans LeBrons etc etc. It basically is the only time I get to wear them now with regularity. Two weeks ago I was in the elevator with my VP and I came to work dressed up to go to the Spurs game after work, (Spurs hat, tee shirt, hoody, Jersey over my shoulder) and Jordan’s and he looked at me with such a "are you kidding face"

I usually play it close to vest and keep it as professional as possible other days, people mention it to me often, but casual Fridays? Caution goes to the wind.

If I was to get a job elsewhere I probably wouldn't do that though.

Braidkid might have you beat, because of the chick with him in his photo. Pure genius on his part. Funniest thing is that I might've slept with that girl a few years back :nerd: :lol:
Whoa! Lolz. Head is spinning.

I avoid posting pictures of females and others on my own blog and outfit pictures to avoid any potential issues.

Marz: lolz. I knew I would get a reply from you with that :pimp:

Depends on the company.

Can be done.

I've seen dudes wearing football jerseys, dress pants and dress shoes to the office on Casual Fridays :lol:

But sneakers, can be done, just not some Jay's or AF1's, but a low profile sneaker can be done.
Sneakers to the office today. Bulky ones at that.

You guys are so lucky you can wear sneakers to the office on Fridays. I have all these sneakers collecting dust, because I can't ever wear them. I end up wearing shoes or Moccs because we sometimes meet clients on Friday as well.

Last edited:
You guys are so lucky you can wear sneakers to the office on Fridays. I have all these sneakers collecting dust, because I can't ever wear them. I end up wearing shoes or Moccs because we sometimes meet clients on Friday as well.
I will trade my bred for your bread, Hank. :lol:

And that is the reason why opt to wear sneakers to work on Fridays so often. Its basically the only time I get a chance to do so.

Strong cosign Wj4:tongue::lol:

Hey guys, I'm one of the older heads in here (joined in 01) and really only post and follow this thread these days. I'm wondering if you could help keep the NT winning tradition alive and have your network "like" the picture. I am doing a bachelors auction for charity and would love the support we showed KSteezy in the TSB contest and others.

For those wondering, the shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt and the tie is a grenadine by Chipp2. Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut were worn.

Last edited:

Oh man.  I agree with the Pinoy Typer fella, I would've waited rather than pay damn near retail on eBay from someone with 0 feedback as a seller.  Apparently there are VERY good fakes of Arenas now and I wouldn't be surprised if there were dudes with pics of real ones that ship out fakes instead, can't even really tell with those poor shots of them.  If anything I'd asked for pics of the box/label.

You should've asked in the high-end sneaker thread rather than purchase off impulse.  I hope you end up alright but that's waaaaay too risky.

Also, dude is charging $50 for shipping?  Something about that along seems sketchy.

It's all good. Me & the seller ended up agreeing to a cancelation because he won't be able to ship for a week.

Do any of you guys know when they usually restock?

Throw in those Air Max Uptempo 97's and we got a deal.
Hot dog, the deal is done :lol:

In all seriousness I'm not salty on you at all, man. It's uplifting to see folks do well for themselves.

I see a lot of youngins say stuff like if I can only afford an M3 or GTR. Things like that aren't too far fetched at all once you get some years into your field.

Thanks for the advice. I figured I wasn't going to get much out of this jacket. I was just hopeful :lol:

I was just coming from work, so I hadn't rolled down the sleeves of my shirt for the test pic...

Once I did

:smh:

If I'm not mistaken, there maybe some room to let out the sleeves if they've been worked on before.

Last edited:
Hot dog, the deal is done :lol:

In all seriousness I'm not salty on you at all, man. It's uplifting to see folks do well for themselves.

I see a lot of youngins say stuff like if I can only afford an M3 or GTR. Things like that aren't too far fetched at all once you get some years into your field.

Thanks Wj4, I appreciate the kind words.

DB is one of my favorite threads on NT, because of the camaraderie we show each other. It's arguably one of the best threads on the board.

Hey guys, I'm one of the older heads in here (joined in 01) and really only post and follow this thread these days. I'm wondering if you could help keep the NT winning tradition alive and have your network "like" the picture. I am doing a bachelors auction for charity and would love the support we showed KSteezy in the TSB contest and others.

For those wondering, the shirt is Charles Tyrwhitt and the tie is a grenadine by Chipp2. Allen Edmonds Strands in walnut were worn.

Done

Liked as well my fellow accountant :pimp:

Good call on the grenadine man. Just copped two from kent wang pictured a few pages back

I was in one of those bachelor auctions once. I ended up getting a 40 year old cougar who was a former divorcee. Older women are freaks :lol:

Thanks for all the support fellas.

Please pass on the link to friends.

Heard good things about the kent wang grenadines but Put This On had a few favorable reviews of Harry Winston's grenadine line, Chipp2. Would love to try a kent want grenadine in dark green or a Sam Hober.

Thanks for all the support fellas.

Please pass on the link to friends.

Heard good things about the kent wang grenadines but Put This On had a few favorable reviews of Harry Winston's grenadine line, Chipp2. Would love to try a kent want grenadine in dark green or a Sam Hober.
Likely will be wearing my green sometime this upcoming week.

As for hober, I planned on going that route first but saw the navy garza grossa I wanted was not available. Didn't feel like waiting until a restock.

As for Chipp2, I know @omgitswes copped one for @ReturnBama during this past year's SS. I hear good things but most colors were sold out upon my hunt.

Pay off debt, pay off car, or take a trip. Clothing will always be there.

Werd. I recently done this, and for the first time in my life I am debt free. Different feeling when you don't owe anybody NOTHING.

Now every dollar I earn, is every dollar I keep.

Man, I eny some of you fellas who can dress up to work.

At any given moment, I have to head out to construction sites n ****.... damb.

Construction boots all day.

Back
Top Bottom