Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Posted this in Denim School, but for the DB fam who like Naked & Famous denim:

Deep Indigo Weird Guys on sale for $80 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...indigo-503406180.html?index=8&cgid=mens-jeans

Weird Guy Green Weft on sale for $80 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...n-weft-503155105.html?index=5&cgid=mens-jeans

Super Skinny Guy/Big John/Rockin Jellybean Collab (270 retail) for $87 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...g-john-502946761.html?index=2&cgid=mens-jeans

those Big John Collabs are a steal for sure :pimp:

Is it okay to wear a 2-pocketed button down shirt with a tie? Plan to wear a blazer.

Big fan of 3/4 sleeve baseball tees during the Summer...rules/suggestions on those?

Last edited:
Posted this in Denim School, but for the DB fam who like Naked & Famous denim:

Deep Indigo Weird Guys on sale for $80 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...indigo-503406180.html?index=8&cgid=mens-jeans

Weird Guy Green Weft on sale for $80 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...n-weft-503155105.html?index=5&cgid=mens-jeans

Super Skinny Guy/Big John/Rockin Jellybean Collab (270 retail) for $87 plus shipping: http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/nak...g-john-502946761.html?index=2&cgid=mens-jeans

those Big John Collabs are a steal for sure :pimp:
I wish those joints were Skinny Guys. Saw them and would've copped already.

Is it okay to wear a 2-pocketed button down shirt with a tie? Plan to wear a blazer.
Sure. I think you mean a sport shirt though. Never seen a dress shirt with dual chest pockets.

Big fan of 3/4 sleeve baseball tees during the Summer...rules/suggestions on those?
Just rock what you like. I guess since it's summer time go with bright colors? 3/4 joints are too hot for me in the summer time. I'm in tanks :lol:

PS me and Serg will be linking up for lunch on Saturday at 11AM before we head over to Epaulet in Santa Monica. Anyone is welcome to join once again :smile:

Dressing Better friends, I need advice on how to move forward in buying a suit for my wedding. I am currently in-between sizes (47r) and am confused if I should buy a 48r in a BR Monogram and tailor it down or buy a 46r in a J.Crew Ludlow Suit and open up the coat? Or if you guys have any recommendation on a nice gray suit, that would be helpful. I'm not sure which direction I should go.

i saw you call j crew boring on SF . you broke my heart bruh
It is boring, bruh
laugh.gif
that's why swd dislikes the brand and anything GQ related
laugh.gif

Boring doesn't necessary mean bad. It's just cookie cutter workwear and menswear.
Info on button down shirts that do not need to be tucked in?
I want to have a nice wardrobe for next school year but I don't want to have shirts that hang sloppily.
Those are called sport shirts.
Info on the sport shirts

Dressing Better friends, I need advice on how to move forward in buying a suit for my wedding. I am currently in-between sizes (47r) and am confused if I should buy a 48r in a BR Monogram and tailor it down or buy a 46r in a J.Crew Ludlow Suit and open up the coat? Or if you guys have any recommendation on a nice gray suit, that would be helpful. I'm not sure which direction I should go.
Go with the one that fits best in shoulders. Everything else can be tailored.

Where can I find someone to make me a well made / material suit for a price range around $400 - $500? My tailor said light padding on the shoulders is the style these days. The look should be a little rounded at the end of the shoulder. Someone school me on this.

Wiz is right, mtm starts at about 700 and that is on the very basic and cheap end.. If you do decide to go the made to measure route.. I strongly advise you to get get an in person measurement/fitting from the company that is producing your mtm suit...this will help to ensure a proper fit.

Hey man, as it seems you and I are of similar build, I highly doubt that the Ludlow in a 46R is going to fit you. I've tried on their 46R in the Ludlow and as it's cut slim, it's more like a 44 to guys like us. I know the Thompson line (outlet line) their 46R fits me just about right, although the quality of the Thompson line doesn't compare to the Ludlow line.

How much time do you have before your wedding? You may be better off either going with one of the online MTM options (Indochino, Dragon Inside, etc) but know that their turn around time is about 4 weeks. Otherwise if you have a SuitSupply store near you, go and try their stuff on. They have a vast size range in store in their various cuts. You are likely their Napoli cut; as am I. However, they have size 46S,46R, 46L in stock and 48S, 48R, 48L as well, which is rare. I suggest you try on both sizes, as the 46S in the Napoli fits me better than their 48R; as it's cut bigger in the chest.

Hope this helps!

PS me and Serg will be linking up for lunch on Saturday at 11AM before we head over to Epaulet in Santa Monica. Anyone is welcome to join once again :smile:

Yes, LA folk come and join us!

Hey man, as it seems you and I are of similar build, I highly doubt that the Ludlow in a 46R is going to fit you. I've tried on their 46R in the Ludlow and as it's cut slim, it's more like a 44 to guys like us. I know the Thompson line (outlet line) their 46R fits me just about right, although the quality of the Thompson line doesn't compare to the Ludlow line.

How much time do you have before your wedding? You may be better off either going with one of the online MTM options (Indochino, Dragon Inside, etc) but know that their turn around time is about 4 weeks. Otherwise if you have a SuitSupply store near you, go and try their stuff on. They have a vast size range in store in their various cuts. You are likely their Napoli cut; as am I. However, they have size 46S,46R, 46L in stock and 48S, 48R, 48L as well, which is rare. I suggest you try on both sizes, as the 46S in the Napoli fits me better than their 48R; as it's cut bigger in the chest.

Hope this helps!
Yes, LA folk come and join us!
Thanks for the insight!

Have you (or anyone in this thread) ordered from Indochino or Dragon Inside? Pros or Cons? I'm really interested in going that route since my wedding is in September.

Got my suit in from J.Crew, going to the tailor tomorrow, the pants definitely need to be taken in, and shorted a bit I think

1184x1600.jpeg.79f38610a7260131dc1a22000a2d16e3.large

1184x1600.jpeg.841d4cf0a72e0131d1f122000a2d0abb.large

Better? About where do you guys think I should get the sleeves and pants shortened to?

Back
Top Bottom