Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Used to lurk/post in this thread daily over the years, but have fallen off the past few months.

My style during the warmer weather months includes a lot of light-weight khakis and long-sleeved or short-sleeved button-up shirts. I'm looking for a good casual shoe (not sneakers) for summer that can be worn with this type of outfit. Usually, I'd wear Sperry AOs or driving loafers, but was looking for something new. What's the consensus on espadrilles? Yay or nay? Any other suggestions?

Kinda feelin these ones
just go with some plimsols or regular canvas

http://www.keds.com/store/SiteContr...90*M095/showDefaultOption/true/productdetails

theese go for about $16 at the rack.

I need this shirt and tie ...

Used to lurk/post in this thread daily over the years, but have fallen off the past few months.

My style during the warmer weather months includes a lot of light-weight khakis and long-sleeved or short-sleeved button-up shirts. I'm looking for a good casual shoe (not sneakers) for summer that can be worn with this type of outfit. Usually, I'd wear Sperry AOs or driving loafers, but was looking for something new. What's the consensus on espadrilles? Yay or nay? Any other suggestions?

Kinda feelin these ones

Espradilles for the summer are great!

I need this shirt and tie ...

Viewing from mobile and I see nothing special. I have a light blue dress shirt on a white collar that I got custom made. I opted for a club collar though. $100 and it's yours. Holler at mytailor.com

Tie looks like a solid blue?

Last edited:
Shoes for church, flyknits after

Suit/Shirt - H&M
Tie - Topman
Watch - Timex
Belt - RL
Flower lapel - The Tie Bar
Shoes - Sperrys

Last edited:
Last edited:
Do you guys know if Allend Edmonds provides free shipping labels for exchanges? I ordered some shoes that I need to size up in but I'm not feeling the $17 shipping fee.

Last edited:
Also, I concur with Wis. I hate IG accounts that just repost other people's ish.

I actually have two because back when GQ did their GQStyleHunt, I wanted to have them see my outfit pics but did not want to make my page public. Since then I have decided to just keep it and have that one associated with my blog (@queezethagod for second IG). Basically it is there to allow for media on both platforms (tumblr and IG) without leaving myself open to everyone for my other shenanigans. This is particularly for my employer's/future employer's sake. Not that I do some crazy stuff on the weekend anyhow :lol:

Last edited:
Do you guys know if Allend Edmonds provides free shipping labels for exchanges? I ordered some shoes that I need to size up in but I'm not feeling the $17 shipping fee.

If it is first quality, they should provide no problem, just call customer service

My Easter suit. The pants could use a little more work but I was overall happy with the fit of the suit. It really felt amazing to wear a fitted suit. My shirt was a 15 1/2 around the neck. I felt a 15 would have been too tight around the neck. Do you guys usually wear your shirts pretty tight around the neck?

My Easter suit. The pants could use a little more work but I was overall happy with the fit of the suit. It really felt amazing to wear a fitted suit. My shirt was a 15 1/2 around the neck. I felt a 15 would have been too tight around the neck. Do you guys usually wear your shirts pretty tight around the neck?

Suit looks good to me, including pants.

You should only be able to put a finger in the gap between your neck and the collar. Shouldn't be so tight that it causes discomfort.

Wis beat me to it in regards to suit looking good/finger width gap.

My only critique is that a half windsor or four in hand knot would be better than a full windsor. But that is just preference.

My only critique is that a half windsor or four in hand knot would be better than a full windsor. But that is just preference.
I was trying different knots yesterday morning. Prince Albert, four in hand, half windsor, all are great knots and they looked great but I find myself going back to full windsor knot bc of the shape my long face. I just love the symmetry of that knot. Either that or I'm old school.
laugh.gif
 Great thread btw  

Last edited:

I was trying different knots yesterday morning. Prince Albert, four in hand, half windsor, all are great knots and they looked great but I find myself going back to full windsor knot bc of the shape my long face. I just love the symmetry of that knot. Either that or I'm old school. :lol:  Great thread btw  

Should've mixed it up with a bow tie!! :smile:

The suit looks really good honestly.

I think that looks great.

Like 80% of the suit pics I see in here involve pocket squares, I dont think I've bought one in my life :lol: :lol:. They do make it look better though.

I think that looks great.

Like 80% of the suit pics I see in here involve pocket squares, I dont think I've bought one in my life :lol: :lol:. They do make it look better though.
I wear a pocket square with all jackets at almost all times. Exception is when I'm just wearing a t shirt under.

Should've mixed it up with a bow tie!! :smile:

The suit looks really good honestly.
I love bowties because there's only one way you have to remember vs multiple knots. Been wearing them a lot again lately.

Back
Top Bottom