Dressing Better Vol 2.0

i had these in like 5 different colors in HS/college
Went to Catholic HS, everyone either had these or

I rocked out with the hush puppies. 
pimp.gif

Im a sucker for Oxford shirts.. have the slim fit Oxfords from Uniqlo and I like them alot.. how does it compare in fit/quality to Everlane? Any other brand recommendations? What about short sleeve oxfords for the summer.. :nerd:

Im a sucker for Oxford shirts.. have the slim fit Oxfords from Uniqlo and I like them alot.. how does it compare in fit/quality to Everlane? Any other brand recommendations? What about short sleeve oxfords for the summer..
nerd.gif
check out j crew's slim section. j crew has lots of sales as well

Im a sucker for Oxford shirts.. have the slim fit Oxfords from Uniqlo and I like them alot.. how does it compare in fit/quality to Everlane? Any other brand recommendations? What about short sleeve oxfords for the summer.. :nerd:
Short sleeve from yesterday.

Ps you don't have to stick to Oxford cloth. Regular cotton works well too.

Fellas, I'm thinking about wearing this jacket to an event and I need some advice on what color trousers/shirt would go well with it. Any input is appreciated
Because it has patterns on it, it's not ideal to mix it with different pants. However, it can be done. You need contrast so light chinos or even navy would work. Whatever you do, don't try to match the color of the jacket (unless you have the actual matching pants).

Looks like the quote is messed up.

Wj4:

You can definitely mix and match patterns and as well as other hues in the same color family.

I personally wouldn't pair it with chinos. I would wear with proper trousers.

Jacket is part of a suit.

Mixing patterns.[/quote]
I am going to find out where you live and take every item of clothing you own.

But in all serious these fits are extremely nice.

I am going to find out where you live and take every item of clothing you own.

But in all serious these fits are extremely nice.
*Hov* Good luck Bruh *Hov*

:lol: thanks, man. I purged and sold all my kicks. Only one pair left. If this is unsold by Halloween then I'm going to rock with my Kid Cudi cropped top from Flash Dance outfit.

Anyone know how sizing is for the Allen Edmonds Strand length-wise?
I am also curious as to the answer of this question. Please respond
nerd.gif

I bought a suit over the weekend that I planned on keeping so I took an older suit of mine that I dont really care all that much about due to the fact that the jacket is two sizes too big and a R when I wear a S to see what kind of work they did before I give them my new one. Took them some picks of what I was looking for(mostly pics of @Pinoy732s fits) and this is how it came back. I didnt expect them to be able to do much with the jacket size being that its so much bigger but I think its pretty good for what they had to work with and am probably going to give them my new one to work on.

All feedback is appreciated.

1184x1313.jpeg.8cf8d9e0ad7b0131dc1b22000a2d16e3

1235x1235.jpeg.8edf9890ad7b01317de622000a668db8.preview

1184x1309.jpeg.864fae80ad7b0131dc1a22000a2d16e3

Last edited:
I am also curious as to the answer of this question. Please respond:nerd: .
[rule]I bought a suit over the weekend that I planned on keeping so I took an older suit of mine that I dont really care all that much about due to the fact that the jack is too big and a R when I wear a short to see what kind of work they did before I give them my new one. Took them some picks of what I was looking for(mostly pics of @Pinoy732
s fits) and this is how it came back. I didnt expect them to be able to do much with the jacket size being that its so much bigger but I think its pretty good for what they had to work with and am probably going to give them my new one to work on.

All feedback is appreciated.
1184x1313.jpeg.8cf8d9e0ad7b0131dc1b22000a2d16e3

1235x1235.jpeg.8edf9890ad7b01317de622000a668db8.preview

1184x1309.jpeg.864fae80ad7b0131dc1a22000a2d16e3

Your tailor did some pretty good work. My only suggestion would be to getting the jacket in just a bit at the waist. Otherwise it looks to be a very wearable suit.

Yeah that looks pretty good overall. I agree it could use a little more waist suppression but the point is you should be able to feel confident in the tailor's work as long as you don't see anything questionable up close in terms of finish details. Sleeve length is on point too. Those lapels are struggling or I'd say that would be a really wearable suit considering you basically had given up on it. Don't get me wrong, you can still wear it and it'd be great with more waist suppression as it's a little shapeless now (3rd pic looks a little better but I think that has to do with your stance) but the lapels look disproportionate.

Keep posting though!

Yeah that looks pretty good overall. I agree it could use a little more waist suppression but the point is you should be able to feel confident in the tailor's work as long as you don't see anything questionable up close in terms of finish details. Sleeve length is on point too. Those lapels are struggling or I'd say that would be a really wearable suit considering you basically had given up on it. Don't get me wrong, you can still wear it and it'd be great with more waist suppression as it's a little shapeless now (3rd pic looks a little better but I think that has to do with your stance) but the lapels look disproportionate.

Keep posting though!
Look at the lapels, and yeah I see what you mean. They are a bit narrow but its not even that, but more the fact that they just look really uneven width wise, IDK what thats all about. I'll take it back and see what they can do about the waist they arent that expensive either which is nice. 

Never gonna stop posting you guys are way too helpful.

Today:

For what it's worth...the jacket is a J. Crew Ludlow in 38S. I'm 5'10". The 38R was too long for my liking for a non-tweed jacket that I would layer up.

What WorldGoneMad said, I bought a few of the slim OCBDs from j crew and I've been wearing them non stop. Cut is nice and close to the body with high arm holes and the oxford cloth they use is really soft.

Before these, I stocked up on the Wooster-era OCBDs from JCP. I actually scooped a few more recently since they were marked down to $5 a pop. RIP to the jcp brand, smh.

Back
Top Bottom