Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Bro. This.

Uniqlo shorts and J.Crew Popover on deck....but man, my ability to layer will be null and void :frown:

I don't even own a pair of non-athletic shorts :lol: I'm gonna become a hermit and just suffer through summer. Save all my funds for fall gear.

I cant even really say I care a lot about casual clothes anymore. I spend 80% of my day outside my house at work, and when I go out on weekends I prefer to dress up cause it makes you stand out. I have casual stuff that I rarely touch. I buy things here and there though.

Also I'm in the midst of revamping my wardrobe and business attire is my number one priority

Last edited:
I don't even own a pair of non-athletic shorts :lol: I'm gonna become a hermit and just suffer through summer. Save all my funds for fall gear.

I thought I was the only one who hates non athletic shorts. Cargo pants remind me of high schoolers, normal shorts remind me of my 50 year old neighbors

Ludlow I picked up a couple weeks ago on additional 50% off. Fabric is pretty heavy on this one, some cool details as well
pimp.gif

Anyways, Im looking to get a new black suit.

Is wool the most versatile for all weather? It seems like thats the most common...

Any other fabric recommendations?

:pimp:

Is wool the most versatile for all weather? It seems like thats the most common...

Yes. Lightweight wool is preferred for all weather. No more suggestions for a black suit.

Hopsack maybe but I would stick with a fine wool, ie super 130 or higher.

:pimp:

It all depends on the weight of the wool usually described as year-round weight, which nowadays most suits are described as such. Anything from J. Crew or Suit Supply I would say would fall under "year-round" wool weight. You can start getting into tropical wool's that super lightweight and great for summer or heavy wool's like tweed (my brown tweed is 14oz or 160z in weight).

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. Will prob. just go with lightweight wool, then.

I thought I was the only one who hates non athletic shorts. Cargo pants remind me of high schoolers, normal shorts remind me of my 50 year old neighbors

I feel you, but depending on where you are shorts are necessary in the summer fam. Just too hot and uncomfortable to be in jeans all the time.

That's why I just throw on some basketball/swimming/sweat shorts and flip flops when it's hot out :pimp: Standard Cali summer attire :lol:

I think I'm gonna try tanks this summer. I've always been self conscious of my arms because I'm slim(but fairly toned). I'm going to be on the be beaches of Cancun during my honeymoon, so I figure it's a better time than ever to just go for it.

For the tank wearers, any suggestions as to should I look for??

I think I'm gonna try tanks this summer. I've always been self conscious of my arms because I'm slim(but fairly toned). I'm going to be on the be beaches of Cancun during my honeymoon, so I figure it's a better time than ever to just go for it.

It's like you know me. Have a bunch of tanks that I would never wear when going somewhere I care about being based off that

Well I'm in a climate where the summer starts in March and ends in October and often it can remain hot in November. Dec/Jan/Feb are mild ..highs in the 70s lows in the 40/50s lol
Short and T shirt year 12 months.

Man there's no need to be self conscious; there's plenty of anorexic hipsters walking around in tanks these days, so you'll probably look like a bodybuilder compared to them

Last edited:

I bought these Barneys joints a while back. I love the drapey fit on the bottom. I got a medium.
http://www.barneyswarehouse.com/on/...e/default/xProduct-Show?pid=502844705&start=8

I was at Nordstrom checking out shoes and I was really surprised by these.  Obviously I wouldn't recommend a double-monk if someone comes in here looking for a starter kit for interviews but for $130, the quality and comfort was actually pretty good.  I have a wide foot and it wasn't terrible though that was just for a couple minutes. Rubber sole (sorry, goodyear welt or bust crowd) but it's not bulky in the slightest.  The silhouette was nice, sleek and the toe wasn't too rounded or bulbous nor squared off.  I'm pretty particular about double-monks and they looked good to me.

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/calibrate-cusano-double-monk-shoe/3606226

Back
Top Bottom