Dressing Better Vol 2.0

:lol: at Versace ties being very well made.

These "luxury" ties feels like they are made like sunglasses, one factory produces them all and just puts a different label in them.

There are exceptions of course but most of them can be found at Nordstrom Rack or alike store for 70% off, Versace included.

I don't live in NY or LA, I don't know about them brands except for Ferragamo.

Also get out of here with that Versace ties being better made. You could have gotten a tie from Jos.a Banks.

:lol: why would I get a tie from Jos. A Bank when I know better? Idk how else to explain this to you without being a douche. I'll leave it at that.

I do agree that Versace ties aren't that great compared to brands like Brioni and Turnbull & Asser.

I don't even know why dress shoes were brought into a discussion about sneakers :lol:

I think high-end sneakers fit into this thread because of their quality materials and aesthetic. I didn't know that sharing those pics would spark this. This thread is still more than just work attire right?

This thread certainly isn't exclusively reserved for work clothing. All types of clothing is welcomed. I just stated how I don't understand the fascination with luxury sneakers.

But realistically, is paying 4x as much for well made ties really different than paying 4x as much for well made sneakers?

Different strokes.

Ties and sneakers are two very different things. But that's a discussion for another topic and I don't want to get into it.

Last edited:
I saw it and like I said before, people need to figure out what the word "luxury" means.

Plus I am showing restraints... I must be growing up!

Plus I am sparing the thread of a 5,000 word essay by letting it go. :rofl:

Last edited:
I saw it and like I said before, people need to figure out what the word "luxury" means.

Plus I am showing restraints... I must be growing up!

Plus I am sparing the thread of a 5,000 word essay by letting it go.
roll.gif
I meant a different word/brand in there.

Last edited:
Oh I know but everyone knows how I feel about them, again sparing the thread a wall of text essay there.

This thread certainly isn't exclusively reserved for work clothing. All types of clothing is welcomed. I just stated how I don't understand the fascination with luxury sneakers.

...and then you went on to compare dress shoes to sneakers as a basis for your misunderstanding before asking someone to enlighten you on the subject. Which at that point you had made into dress shoes vs. sneakers. It just doesn't make sense to compare the two.

All I've seen you post in this thread has been classic menswear. I mainly post streetwear, casual, and some classic menswear. We just have different styles and ways of expressing ourselves with how we dress, or fitting into our corporate culture. It's that simple.

No one said you have to like it or understand it. We're all just sharing in here. You may think my SLPs are "ugly psuedo Jordans". I think they're awesome :pimp:

Last edited:
But yo, Lanvin sneaks (suede/patents) on sale anywhere? Need more colorways.

Like the burgundy joints and the light olive looking ones

But yo, Lanvin sneaks (suede/patents) on sale anywhere? Need more colorways.

Like the burgundy joints and the light olive looking ones

If you're a 41 or 42 in the burgundy: https://www.ssense.com/men/product/lanvin/burgundy-classic-tennis-sneakers/87095

41 and 42 also on sale for the black pair to others who may be interested: https://www.ssense.com/men/product/lanvin/black-patent-suede-classic-tennis-sneakers/87093

Olives: http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/181714

Even cheaper burgundy if you're a UK11: http://www.matchesfashion.com/product/181712

Last edited:
I'm a 45.

MiserlyPinkLarva.gif
US12?  You can most definitely find them on sale.  I got my black suede & patent below retail, I've seen them sub $300 enough and a lot of sites run discounts frequently enough.  Tres Bien has 25% off and that's after taking off 20% for VAT so essentially 40% off.

I think I want to get the lighter grey pair too.

12/13. One of my Lanvins is 12, the other 13. The 12 is tight on my wide feet, so i need that ever-elusive 46.

Despite my want for a pair of arenas or achilles, I'll still never understand lux kicks.

While I do think those look fine, I feel like they are just a Royal 1/Creative Recreation/Gucci High Top hybrid. ohwell.gif

Well, luxury dress shoes have some sort of higher quality with them and can last a very very long time. Not to mention--the leather, attention to detail, and hand stitching all factor into price. Purchasing a nice pair of luxury leather shoes is more so an investment.

What's the deal with luxury sneakers? Someone please enlighten me. I feel like with luxury shoes--they will stand the test of time and can be worn many years later from date of purchase. Luxury sneakers will be worn briefly for that time and fade away into the fashion abyss we call "fads". I really believe those ugly YSL psuedo Jordan 1's won't be worn commonly by people 50-60 years later (not the same shoe obviously). Now, let's take the AE Park Ave's for example. That shoe has been in production for almost 85+ years.

Anyone care to fancy a rebuttal?

The right pair mix can "dress up" a casual outfit imo. I have a few pair of Ballys that I feel round out my fits nicely. Moreso than an Arenas', lanvin, jordans etc.

Last edited:

Its the same concept as luxury shoes. Some people of means would rather wear cheap dress shoes while others wear luxury dress shoes.
Well, luxury dress shoes have some sort of higher quality with them and can last a very very long time. Not to mention--the leather, attention to detail, and hand stitching all factor into price. Purchasing a nice pair of luxury leather shoes is more so an investment.

What's the deal with luxury sneakers? Someone please enlighten me. I feel like with luxury shoes--they will stand the test of time and can be worn many years later from date of purchase. Luxury sneakers will be worn briefly for that time and fade away into the fashion abyss we call "fads". I really believe those ugly YSL psuedo Jordan 1's won't be worn commonly by people 50-60 years later (not the same shoe obviously). Now, let's take the AE Park Ave's for example. That shoe has been in production for almost 85+ years.

Anyone care to fancy a rebuttal?
Yeah, well....that's just like, your opinion, man...

Back
Top Bottom