Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Magnanni Federicos are look cheap as hell IRL because of the rubber heel and sole. Not worth the price.
Yeah, kinda felt that way about the other pair.  Rubber soles in general seem to cheapen most shoes, I have a pair for the winter because I've never felt like getting a pair of leather soled shoes topied.  I've had some close calls on days where it snowed unexpectedly.
zara linen suit $130

Last edited:
Finally got some hard bottoms. First pair in over 10 years.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/mercanti+fi...Id=273718&activeCats=cat20192,dsw12cat1970004

The Brooks Brothers version usually are part of most sales, just need to hunt them down.

Can't be caught off guard the 2 days it rains in SoCal during the winter, :lol:

I have about 3 pairs, brown and walnut. Use them often, very comfortable.
For trips to the snow, b.

DaBottom305, honestly: those shoes are ugly because they're a Frankenstein mixture of 3 different shoes. Please return them, you can find much better at that price range

DaBottom305, honestly: those shoes are ugly because they're a Frankenstein mixture of 3 different shoes. Please return them, you can find much better at that price range
Why does he need to return them because you think they're ugly? 
laugh.gif

Why does he need to return them because you think they're ugly? :lol:

He doesn't NEED to do anything; people post pics of clothes in here for comments and/or suggestions and I gave mine. Sorry for trying to help him improve his wardrobe :rolleyes

Improving his wardrobe by suggesting what you would buy. :lol:

I just asked a question, no need to get up in arms

Someone else posted that, so I'm not sure why you keep directing those forced smileys at me. I tried helping him out by telling him that he can buy much better shoes at that price point

Last edited:

Improving his wardrobe by suggesting what you would buy. 
laugh.gif

Someone else posted that, so I'm not sure why you keep directing those forced smileys at me. I tried helping him out by telling him that he can buy much better shoes at that price point
All I'm saying is that how do you define "much better"? Maybe those are the best to him. Much better for you because you wouldn't wear them. 
wink.gif

The critique in this thread is cool and I have no problem with it,  in the context of say, if something is ill-fitting. Then you have a basis to correct that because there is a wrong fit and a right fit. But when something as subjective as a pair of shoes gets a comment that they should return them simply because someone thinks they are ugly, that rubs me the wrong way and makes me feel as though people are trying to "dress" others the way they would dress. (insert sarcastic/forced smiley)

Last edited:
All I'm saying is that how do you define "much better"? Maybe those are the best to him. Much better for you because you wouldn't wear them. :wink:

The critique in this thread is cool and I have no problem with it,  in the context of say, if something is ill-fitting. Then you have a basis to correct that because there is a wrong fit and a right fit. But when something as subjective as a pair of shoes gets a comment that they should return them simply because someone thinks they are ugly, that rubs me the wrong way and makes me feel as though people are trying to "dress" others the way they would dress. (insert sarcastic/forced smiley)

Congrats

Dabottom305, if you're looking for slip ons, look for something that has only one type of leather on it.

Last edited:
mercanti fiorentini is DSWs in house brand. so that retail price is certainly inflated. the soles are glued on so quality can be a concern. the 3 types of leather on
the shoes make them look confused. if they were all smooth, or textured or patent they would have been a little better. the worst part is the elastic tabs. for $150ish there are definitely much better options that are more versatile and will last much longer. if however one is going for the sunday morning cable television pastor look then those knock it out of park

All I'm saying is that how do you define "much better"? Maybe those are the best to him. Much better for you because you wouldn't wear them. 
wink.gif

Congrats

Improving his wardrobe by suggesting what you would buy. 
laugh.gif

wink.gif

I get what you're saying to an extent but what are recommendations other than suggestions for what they perceive to be better options based on their preferences?  Dude posted suits he tried on and got better ideas and was told to return certain ones, some based on size because he can do "better" based on fit.  Could he wear a 38S when he "should" be wearing a 36S?  Sure.  Is it the better option of the two?  Nope.  Were people trying to dress him or help him out to look the best he could?  Their suggestions may have opened his eyes to something different, he might even view it as better or he could've stuck with what most perceived as ill fitting because it suited him.

Same goes with the shoes.  It's not like those are the only option.  If someone feels like he can find a similar pair of shoes that might help his overall look, so be it.  You can argue about how someone says it or whatever but I don't understand the point of posting in here if you're not open to critique.

All of it is subjective.  He's not obligated to return them and find something different.  He might've went right to those or they were the first ones he saw and picked them out or they were the best deal...or he might've tried on a bunch and liked them best.  Like I said, if he's open to it maybe like the suit, he sees what people are saying and agrees he should consider it.  Of course he can "keep wearing what he likes" but if that were the case why ask?

Back
Top Bottom