Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Need help for a wedding... It came down to those 2 shirts... I need help with a tie, or would the tie shown go good with the gray shirt?

I'm wearing a black suit BTW

What's a good alternative to the Beeswax Clarks DB? I already have a pair of DBs and I love the versatility. Looking for something just as versatile in that price range.

Tell me famb. You resoling them joints? Yeah. Thought so.

Shell on kicks is a god damb novelty. Come see me with the hands otherwise.
Are you resoling your balenciagas? You know you'd be drooling over a pair of Cordovan arena's. 

Novelty or not, those things are gonna move at $295. When was the last time one of y'all wore down the sole on some sneakers? Personally, it was in like 6th grade... NT'ers aren't out here rocking beaters to the last mile. Those sneakers could easily last 10 years. 

I don't like the silhouette but I don't agree with the resole logic, given homie has a large rotation. The same could be said for any mid-quality designer sneaker that runs $400+. "You gonna spend $___+ on a shoe you can't resole" works regardless of the leather. 

So next month I have this big luncheon to go to for college. Wondering what I should wear - need a few suggestions. Last year I wore some Blue slacks, some penny loafers, and a shirt and tie. This year I want to get a little more "classy but casual". Not looking for a suit per say but something more like a blazer combo. Anyone got any suggestions from what they've worn to this type of stuff or something from pictures, etc? I have a low budget btw.

Tell me famb

You resoling them joints? Yeah. Thought so.

Shell on kicks is a god damb novelty. Come see me with the hands otherwise.
the irony being that you are a walking novelty and are so against the idea of shell on sneakers because they can't be re-soled but are hypebeasting over designer luxury kicks with quality leather nowadays that can't be re-soled either.

It defeats the purpose of shell. Plus I rather put that money towards the navy havana suit from Suit Supply.
so my shell cordovan belt has no purpose either? what about a shell leather wallet?

Are you resoling your balenciagas? You know you'd be drooling over a pair of Cordovan arena's. 

Novelty or not, those things are gonna move at $295. When was the last time one of y'all wore down the sole on some sneakers? Personally, it was in like 6th grade... NT'ers aren't out here rocking beaters to the last mile. Those sneakers could easily last 10 years. 

I don't like the silhouette but I don't agree with the resole logic, given homie has a large rotation. The same could be said for any mid-quality designer sneaker that runs $400+. "You gonna spend $___+ on a shoe you can't resole" works regardless of the leather. 

the pre-order sold out in all colors. thank you for seeing the logic.

With the number of shoes in my rotation I will likely never resole anything lol. I think shell looks great and ages well as it breaks in. Never seen it on a sneaker so that was intriguing.

Exactly my point and it was a great looking shoe and i would love to see the patina on that sneaker after some wears, but for two guys who are so into menswear and have more shoes in their collection and rotation where it is more than likely that they will not have any of their shoes re-soled (unless one of them want to re-sole one of their thrifted or used pairs that they bought with worn soles already) to just say "oh no, shell on a sneaker? it defeats the purpose if i can't have the bottoms re-soled, i am not buying it!" is ridiculous.

God forbid any of these fashion companies come up with some kind of gimmick or novelty product to sell.

:lol: y'all guys doe.

They beauty of shell is how it ages over the years. Yeah I may not rock joints until the sole is nonexistent but once you put a hole, RIP.

I genuinely like the Arenas and have made my peace with the resoling aspect. However I think most of y'all just into those epaulets solely because of the cordovan leather. If that's the selling point, it's a moot one.

Shell can last decades. Them kicks ain't :lol:

But do you fellas.

WDYWT: Casual Friday is def. my favorite day of the week. Decided to go with a more traditional look today. In the morning, I was thinking about wearing some dark rinse jeans, but decided to go with the Khakis instead. Anyone have some input?

I tried taking the pictures outside with natural light, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Someone please advise.

Last edited:
Surprised to see those trainers getting so much love. I would take a pair of CP Achilles over them any day.

WDYWT: Casual Friday is def. my favorite day of the week. Decided to go with a more traditional look today. In the morning, I was thinking about wearing some dark rinse jeans, but decided to go with the Khakis instead. Anyone have some input?

I tried taking the pictures outside with natural light, but I feel like I'm doing something wrong. Someone please advise.
It works in my opinion. Nice pocket square too

Need help for a wedding... It came down to those 2 shirts... I need help with a tie, or would the tie shown go good with the gray shirt?

I would go white shirt and Navy pin dot tie or something if you have time to switch. But I guess that tie works with the grey if those are your options. Definitely wouldn't go solid purple shirt.

This is horrendous. Like straight Bamma status.

Sorry for being a rick but god damn :x

Last edited:

The khakis are a bit loose on me. I lost 20 lbs not too long ago and I bought these when I was around 205 lbs.

I know I'm going to have to get them tailored to fit properly. Everything else fits fine, because i've recently got them tailored.

^ I just emailed them asking for a code since they canceled my order (and code in the process). I'll PM you when they send it to me.

What's a good alternative to the Beeswax Clarks DB? I already have a pair of DBs and I love the versatility. Looking for something just as versatile in that price range.
The style is called Chukka Boots. Depending on your price range you can go more dressy (think slacks), casual (think denim or khaki). But keep in mind that DBs are the norm. If you want the same look stick with those. You can always get into Clarks' other DBs such as these (Sold out, but you get the idea) http://www.endclothing.com/brands/c...ls-x-horween-leather-company-desert-boot.html

Say no to the black suit. Unless it is black tie, avoid it. You don't want to look like an usher. Or do you. My wedding go to fit is a Navy Suit with white or pink shirt, sold or slight patterned tie.

So next month I have this big luncheon to go to for college. Wondering what I should wear - need a few suggestions. Last year I wore some Blue slacks, some penny loafers, and a shirt and tie. This year I want to get a little more "classy but casual". Not looking for a suit per say but something more like a blazer combo. Anyone got any suggestions from what they've worn to this type of stuff or something from pictures, etc? I have a low budget btw.
Depends on how dressy everyone is. Slacks with a 2 button blazer is always nice. I would change the loafers to oxfords similar to the AE Strand and ensure the fit is good overall. Don't over think it.

The khakis are a bit loose on me. I lost 20 lbs not too long ago and I bought these when I was around 205 lbs.

I know I'm going to have to get them tailored to fit properly. Everything else fits fine, because i've recently got them tailored.
I would definitely do a more dressy khaki. But having your tailor tapper your pants does wonders.

Back
Top Bottom