Dressing Better Vol 2.0

Quick pic I snapped

Im in the market for a new pair of dress shoes and would like to get a quality pair that is goodyear welted for around $250.

Few questions for those that know:

Ive noticed some brands say they are goodyear welted but have rubber heels. Is this rubber placed on top of the original leather sole? does it effect the ability of the shoe to get re-soled?

I'm leaning toward a pair of Loakes but the official website doesn't say anything about authorized online retailers. Is pediwear.com a legit site to purchase Loakes?

GAP releases slim and skinny khakis

via GQ:

Online now and in stores February 1st, the Gap is releasing redesigned khakis. What does it mean when such a massive brand reworks their iconic product? There are two updated cuts, "slim" and "skinny." I tried them both on and found them to be true to their names, with a fit that's more Gosling than Seinfeld. The pants are sturdy and streamlined, without extra fabric or frills of any sort. They are as utilitarian as a pair of Carhartts but you could wear them to church and then wear them to a club, transformers without any reworking. They are certainly normal, but much more the new normal than the old.

"Internally, our goal was and still is to put every guy on the planet in a pair of khakis," says Tony Kretten, Gap's VP of men's global design. What would that world look like in 2015? The '90s looked like an economic surplus and was years away from metrosexuality. Not to mention the choice machine known as the internet. When Kretton talks about removing the pants' "wrinkle resistance properties" to allow "the beauty of a dense twill to get better with time," he sounds as though he's discussing a small, artisinal brand, not one doing billions of dollars in sales annually. A decision to rework a core product like that at a company so large is not made lightly.

Will try, but I need a pair of selvedge khakis.

Are we copping the JE together bro? I'm waiting for those.

Yessir, I need those to drop ASAP.

Slim and skinny are in stores now. I'm at the mall right now and saw them. Sherman Oaks for those who want to know.

Im in the market for a new pair of dress shoes and would like to get a quality pair that is goodyear welted for around $250.

Ive noticed some brands say they are goodyear welted but have rubber heels. Is this rubber placed on top of the original leather sole? does it effect the ability of the shoe to get re-soled?

I'm leaning toward a pair of Loakes but the official website doesn't say anything about authorized online retailers. Is pediwear.com a legit site to purchase Loakes?
Pediwear is legit.

Goodyear welt is a construction process. It's independent of the sole. A competent cobbler can resolve a Goodyear welted shoe 7-8 times before it's done. You can change from leather sole to rubber like you mentioned to commando to double stacked leather sole or whatever. There is no leather under the rubber sole. That would make no sense.

Ps you may want to get sizing down before ordering since it's an international order.

Pediwear is legit.

Goodyear welt is a construction process. It's independent of the sole. A competent cobbler can resolve a Goodyear welted shoe 7-8 times before it's done. You can change from leather sole to rubber like you mentioned to commando to double stacked leather sole or whatever. There is no leather under the rubber sole. That would make no sense.

Ps you may want to get sizing down before ordering since it's an international order.

Thanks man, I appreciate the the info!

With the weak Euro right now, you can pick up a pair from:

Meermin's classic line for around $180 with shipping. They were about $210 shipped before the euro weakened. I have about 5-6 pairs from their class line and have had no problems at all.

or

Carmina, but they are a little bit above $250 with the current Euro, at about $317 (281 Euro) shipped. If you are willing to spend $50-70 more, Carmina's shoes are worth it.

Yeah I have those and a waxed pair (pictured in the previous page).

I think they actually are a 37" length though. Hella stacky.

Last edited:
Today: http://www.wisith.com/blog/topcoat-and-chelsea-boots

Funny how small details can change the outcome. The denim is the same one Adrian has, except the leg opening on mine is 7" as opposed to 6.5". I also got them hemmed to 32" since I'm only 5'10".

I got the jeans about 2 years ago and has gone through several cleaning at the dry cleaners'. The finishing is still great, with no sign of fading for those wondering. This is the powder black joint.

Last edited:
Eh...I've explained this to you in the past Wisith. Yesterday's jeans are not the ones you posted there but rather the waxed N&F stacked fit (30W btw henny, so they are the skinnier pair).

The following joints are the same exact ones you have in your post but I did not adjust the inseam. The issue is that you got them frail-boi-never-eem-squat-legs.

Eh...I've explained this to you in the past Wisith. Yesterday's jeans are not the ones you posted there but rather the waxed N&F stacked fit (30W btw henny, so they are the skinnier pair).

The following joints are the same exact ones you have in your post but I did not adjust the inseam. The issue is that you got them frail-boi-never-eem-squat-legs.

Bro, I'm 10 lbs lighter than you at the same height, but I squat and bench more than you. You need to stay off dem street corner foods and drop the 35% body fat, pleghboi. Sorry for not having sneakerhead thick ankles like you? :smile:

I just compared the leg openings, and inseams. I did not mention the actual model, which wouldn't make a difference anyway since the pictures are of the boots, and how the denim fit over them.

chelseas look sick wis
Thanks, Rob. The best Chelseas under $500 IMO.

Thats a clean fit with the topcoat 8)
Thanks, man. I wanted the coat bad, but couldn't fathom paying retail for it...would've been over a grand. Had my man at Barneys call me the day it went on sale, was there within an hour :lol:

I know you have the Skinny Guy fit joints. You referenced yesterday's outfit and mentioned that as you have shortened your inseam, they draped differently.

The issue is that yesterday's pair is the Stacked Guy fit which are in fact different. What sense are you making bro?

wolverine 1000 mile boots for 30% off

denimbaronline.com
Never ever ever order from these people.

I copped a pair of N&F black waxed denim from them on sale (which means final sale). Upon receiving them, I soon realized they were a factory defect. The size 31 I ordered fit like a 27-28. When I contacted them about it, they told me they could do nothing for me and to bring it up with N&F.

Eventually I also realized they sent me the indigo CW instead of black. When I told them this, I basically received a response telling me I am wrong and again they would do nothing to rectify it. I actually had the black waxed pair from Barney's on hand and told them I would be willing to send pics that clear as day highlighted the difference in color (to which they declined). The checkout screen displayed "black wax", the confirmation email displayed "black wax", and the receipt in the box displayed "black wax" but the pair received had "Indigo" clearly written on the tag. They still tried playing games.

Long story short, it took a total of 2 hours on the phone arguing back and forth with their management before they finally agreed to send me a label and accept my return. Never giving them my business again.

TL;DR:

• Ordered jeans.
  • Received irregular pair along with completely wrong colorway.
  • Stuck by their "final sale" policy and told me that I was the one mistaken.
  • 2 hours on the phone later, reluctantly agreed to accept return

Pics of the comparison jeans along with what I included in the box back to them.

I Think Those Black Waxed Skinny Guys Are What I'm After :pimp: Any Fit Pics With Those? :nerd:

Out And About Today Running Errands

Picked Up A New Polo Piece And A Layering Piece From Banana Republic While At The Mall.

Back
Top Bottom