Dressing Better Vol 2.0

If he didn't cut the fabric off you can let it out maybe another quarter inch.

Pull them inside out and take a pic of the allowance left on the seam.

Damn. I just took a look and I don't remember what it looked like before but it doesn't look like there is a lot left. I have 3/4 inch on the outseam and just over an inch on the inseam. Workable?
Possibly.

Post a pic or PM me one. I need to see to gauge it more.

Meermin Chelsea in Snuff Suede
Meermin Chelsea in Chocolate Brown Suede
Carmina Python Austerity Brogue MTO

Serg, get on the horn with your Meermin connects and tell em to make a tan pair of those Chelseas as well, thats an undefeated triumvirate.

Also, what are using to preserve/protect the suede? Cuz im gonna be wearing these more casually than sartorially. Need to protect it from multiple spilled glasses of Moet.

Serg, get on the horn with your Meermin connects and tell em to make a tan pair of those Chelseas as well, thats an undefeated triumvirate.

Also, what are using to preserve/protect the suede? Cuz im gonna be wearing these more casually than sartorially. Need to protect it from multiple spilled glasses of Moet.

What tan shade? Suede? To me that's snuff suede or are you talking about like that fox suede that carmina offers? Or tan calf?

I need to buy some suede protector but I do have some waterproofer but that's it.

Is the kiwi waterproofer you get out of walmart in the aerosol can cool to use on snuff shoes?

@kjbaron89  Are the gray trousers the same measurements as blue? It might be the angle but the blue pair looks skinnier than the gray. You look pretty built and I think a more generous cut pant would help with the overall balance of your look.

Any recs for some summer sneakers? Already have a pair of white Stans and beige Vans - looking for more of athletic than casual sneaker. Trying to up my #normcore #athleisure game. Was considering some New Balances but I feel like they're a bit too clunky for my feet. 

are your tailors male or female dbnt?

mine's some funny older chinese lady.. i've taken so much stuff to her lately she did a couple joints for free 8)

Last edited:
My casual, everyday summer sneaker line up typically consists of:
white/navy tretorn nylites
white CP Achilles lows
white vans era/ off white vans authentics (just bought the white leather eras recently)

I also wear white SLP SL01 and SL02 lows. Most athletic I wear is grey NB 998's

Adidas has been releasing some nice stuff. Will probably try out some boost or flux. Haven't owned any adidas sneakers in 13 years.

@kjbaron89
 Are the gray trousers the same measurements as blue? It might be the angle but the blue pair looks skinnier than the gray. You look pretty built and I think a more generous cut pant would help with the overall balance of your look.

The grey trousers are J.Crew Ludlow Striped Cotton Suit Trousers Size 28W copped from Mr. Porter sale this past June for $32. They are reallllly tight in waist. I'm a 29/30 waist but they only had 28 left and it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up. I had these hemmed and tapered so it was a pretty cheap alteration. $10-15.

The blue trousers, well they are actually heather charcoal, are J.Crew Ludlow Suit Pant in Italian Wool Size 30W. These were slightly big in the waist so I had the waist, seat, hem, and taper done on these. I also have them in deep navy and had both pairs done the same. Came out to about $45 a piece. I also paid the retail on these when I bought them over a year ago which is $200+ a piece. So I'm pretty pissed if I just ruined these pants by tapering them too much and it can't be fixed :\

Looking for a tailored summer wedding suit in light grey under $500. Any recommendation?

Jcrew?
Hugo boss?

kjbaron89 kjbaron89 Maybe it's just me but I don't think either pair of pants look bad at all. Could they be a little less tapered? Sure, but not so much that I'd consider them ruined. If the blazer was slightly more aggressively tailored (not overly so), the pants wouldn't even look close to being too tapered. You're relatively slim and lean, I think you can pull the slim look off nicely, honestly.

@kjbaron89 Maybe it's just me but I don't think either pair of pants look bad at all. Could they be a little less tapered? Sure, but not so much that I'd consider them ruined. If the blazer was slightly more aggressively tailored (not overly so), the pants wouldn't even look close to being too tapered. You're relatively slim and lean, I think you can pull the slim look off nicely, honestly.
This.

Ideally I could be frail like you and tailor my pants like that
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

Last edited:
@kjbaron89 Maybe it's just me but I don't think either pair of pants look bad at all. Could they be a little less tapered? Sure, but not so much that I'd consider them ruined. If the blazer was slightly more aggressively tailored (not overly so), the pants wouldn't even look close to being too tapered. You're relatively slim and lean, I think you can pull the slim look off nicely, honestly.
This.

....is bad advice. 
nerd.gif

If you can drop $200 on pants I would suggest other brands, i.e., Epaulet, Suit Supply, Howard Yount. Hopefully you can let out these pants a little. I said this earlier, but you look pretty muscular/built, and I think the overly tapered trousers throw off the balance of your whole look.

Here are some pics of what I personally think are 'slim fitting' trousers that still have a good fit on them:

About to pull the trigger on some hunter boots. Wondering witch color to choose between black or green. Thoughts?

This.

....is bad advice. :nerd:

If you can drop $200 on pants I would suggest other brands, i.e., Epaulet, Suit Supply, Howard Yount. Hopefully you can let out these pants a little. I said this earlier, but you look pretty muscular/built, and I think the overly tapered trousers throw off the balance of your whole look.

Here are some pics of what I personally think are 'slim fitting' trousers that still have a good fit on them:

My statement wasn't necessarily "advice", just sharing my opinion. Also, I stated that I do in fact think that they would look better less tapered but are they "ruined"? Not to me.

Of the pictures you posted, Wisith's looks the best to me and I don't think kjbaron89 kjbaron89 's pants look far enough from it to be thrown out.

I agree with you. Ideally, he could let them out a bit. But to me, they're not ruined such that he can't wear them anymore or will look silly in them.

Back
Top Bottom