Dressing Better Vol 2.0

I thought this thread would have came thru with the deals since it's that time of the year. I noticed that I have no pants, only denim. I need to atock up on different colors;olive, brown, navy...etc. What company has good quality chinos? I'm also looking for a denim trucker jacket in a light wash.

I thought this thread would have came thru with the deals since it's that time of the year. I noticed that I have no pants, only denim. I need to atock up on different colors;olive, brown, navy...etc. What company has good quality chinos? I'm also looking for a denim trucker jacket in a light wash.
Prob check jcrew for chinos.

Uniqlo be poppin too. Esp around this time of year.

Its been asked countless times in here but im on the east coast for the next 3 months. Need to find a good tailor in NJ/NY tristate area to taper these 6 jeans from the knee down I have

Any suggestions (Ive already contacted Stanton Tailor and they are all full till January mean.gif )

Fam, I need some serious help. I have a job interview and it's always been business casual but this interview the attire is listed as business professional. I'm really trying to secure this job but I need assistance in figuring out what to wear. Any help is definitely appreciated!

Fam, I need some serious help. I have a job interview and it's always been business casual but this interview the attire is listed as business professional. I'm really trying to secure this job but I need assistance in figuring out what to wear. Any help is definitely appreciated!

Suit and tie

Navy or gray suit

Dark tie

White or light blue shirt

Black dress belt

Black leather shoes

^^^ that. 

Keep things simple and clean. Do not try to be flashy or fashionable. 

I had a manager that wouldn't hire any interviewee that did not walk through the doors in anything other than a black or gray suit. 

edit -

Also, i'd bring a suitcase or some sort've laptop bag.

Last edited:
A black suit? He likes the funeral look or the work at a department store look?

So a black belt and black shoes are preferred over brown ones?

I think an nt'er said he would already write someone off who didn't wear a belt.

Last edited:
A black suit? He likes the funeral look or the work at a department store look?

So a black belt and black shoes are preferred over brown ones?

I think an nt'er said he would already write someone off who didn't wear a belt.
I never wear belts b

Some of my pants are already tight enough. A belt isn't needed. Kinda foolish and unprofessional to judge someone on belt wearing.

A suitcase? You want my man to come through with a rolly bag?? Leather portfolio with copies of a resume, a pad, and a pen is what he needs.

^^^ that. 

Keep things simple and clean. Do not try to be flashy or fashionable. 
I had a manager that wouldn't hire any interviewee that did not walk through the doors in anything other than a black or gray suit. 

edit -
Also, i'd bring a suitcase or some sort've laptop bag.

A suitcase? You want my man to come through with a rolly bag?? Leather portfolio with copies of a resume, a pad, and a pen is what he needs.
suitcase :rofl:

LOL :rofl:
suitcase for that just got off the clearport jetsetter vibe. make sure its a rimowa tho :pimp: DB will approve.

Last edited:
Leather portfolio sounds good, I'm not trying to have a suitcase for this interview since they only want me to bring a copy of my resume. Leaning towards the navy suit but also need to know where to shop for one without breaking my pockets. Any direction?

Leather portfolio sounds good, I'm not trying to have a suitcase for this interview since they only want me to bring a copy of my resume. Leaning towards the navy suit but also need to know where to shop for one without breaking my pockets. Any direction?

When is the interview?

He probably meant briefcase.

I brought a suitcase once. Got flown out to Madison for an interview. Interview was at 10AM and flight was departing around 1PM.

Unless you're working at a super uptight firm where you can't even wear patterned neckwear, I'm sure even a laptop bag would suffice.

Out of all the times I interviewed, easily 50 times, I never opened my portfolio once. Managers printed out my resume prior.

Back
Top Bottom