Dressing Better Vol 2.0

lol that Kanye X APC stuff is lterally gear I can pick identical items from American Eagle and Target for the cost of one of the hoodies. I`m sure the quality is better but who cares. lol

There are folks who prefer qualify stuff, my friend. Why buy Alden over Aldo?

Not saying that the quality is worth the retail prices, but you get my point. If everyone just wants the aesthetic, no stores other than fast fashion would exist.

Last edited:
Finally got my jeans repaired from my tailor so I threw them on quick for yesterday's fit to hit the mall and a little party with my girl:

Hit the rack and scooped some more trees and a new hair product. Can't use this stuff to create a part but it works pretty well for just lazy, casual days when I just want the hair out of my face:

Shout outs to Rob for the DL

And finally, got the waist coat for my glenplaid suit in on Friday. Picked up this and a pair of dusty green chinos for a total of $52 shipped :pimp:

Now its just a question of when the hell am I gonna wear this thing :lol:

Oh...and I'll just leave this here :wink:

lol just foolin around guise

Get a lighter (linen? seersucker?) suit and you can pull this off or a variation of it:

Last edited:
There are folks who prefer qualify stuff, my friend. Why buy Alden over Aldo?

Not saying that the quality is worth the retail prices, but you get my point. If everyone just wants the aesthetic, no stores other than fast fashion would exist.
meh, quality wont be that much better and if it is, I can have 3 times as many the hoodies and jeans for the price of that collection

Finally got my jeans repaired from my tailor so I threw them on quick for yesterday's fit to hit the mall and a little party with my girl:

Hit the rack and scooped some more trees and a new hair product. Can't use this stuff to create a part but it works pretty well for just lazy, casual days when I just want the hair out of my face:

Shout outs to Rob for the DL

And finally, got the waist coat for my glenplaid suit in on Friday. Picked up this and a pair of dusty green chinos for a total of $52 shipped :pimp:

Now its just a question of when the hell am I gonna wear this thing :lol:

Oh...and I'll just leave this here :wink:

lol just foolin around guise

I think the look of trousers and a waistcoat is underrated and I think you can pull that off easily. Even more underrated, no tie with a waistcoat whether it'd be trousers and waistcoat only or as a full 3-piece.

meh, quality wont be that much better and if it is, I can have 3 times as many the hoodies and jeans for the price of that collection
Like I said, some people prefer quality, bro. I also stated it probably doesn't justify the retail prices like most designer brands. You're paying for the design more than anything but still quality products nonetheless.

This is why stores like Selfedge sells basic items like denim and hoodies that are expensive to the general public.

Like I've stated all along in the thread there are multiple market groups. Some will go to JCP with $100 and come out with 5 suits. Others will spend $400 on some high quality denim.

To say that who care about quality is asinine. If so, we should just not post anything at all going forward and have the default answer be "go to H&M and the likes" (which is kinda already).

Don't skimp on shoes. Shoes like Aldo look good for 1-2 wears then become so wrinkled, so shapeless, and get so many scuff marks that they're useless for anything besides beaters for clubbing and bar hopping.

I'm not one of those snobs that makes ridiculous claims like "Oh, that H&M or Zara shirt is gonna fall apart after 2 wears" (I have many shirts from there that still look good after 2-3 years) but shoes go through a lot of beating, so you want them to be decent quality.

Last edited:
Like I said, some people prefer quality, bro. I also stated it probably doesn't justify the retail prices like most designer brands. You're paying for the design more than anything but still quality products nonetheless.

This is why stores like Selfedge sells basic items like denim and hoodies that are expensive to the general public.

Like I've stated all along in the thread there are multiple market groups. Some will go to JCP with $100 and come out with 5 suits. Others will spend $400 on some high quality denim.

To say that who care about quality is asinine. If so, we should just not post anything at all going forward and have the default answer be "go to H&M and the likes" (which is kinda already).
idk, I just dont like basic items being hyped. that APC Ye collection is not inspiring(MR WEST CAN WE GET PASTELLE PLEASE!!!?

IMO the only things that can truly be "quality" where you get what you pay for are suits, shoes, and fall/winter gear. Anything else IMO is all the same.

Serg I feel you on the waistcoat and trousers fits. Only problem for me is that I feel like its inappropriate being how casual my office culture is. Only a hand full ever wear suits so I don't think I'd ever do the 3 piece to work. However, I am unsure on the waistcoat x trousers get up. Would that still be too much? :rolleyes

I have a friend who's H&M sweater is literally falling apart from the shoulder seam and I don't know how often he wore it before I met him, but I didn't see him wear it more than once a week.  He probably wore it less than that.

My Lands End sweaters got a lot more wear and were basically washed every week last winter and they're still going strong.  Not saying Kayne's stuff isn't overpriced, but quantity shouldn't be the determining factor when you buy clothing.

Shout out to Serge for giving the heads up about the air aidens at the rack. Got the last pair :pimp:

Also saw a pair of lunagrands and loafers there as well. Took a quick pic of what I saw, sorry for the poor iphone quality. Can anyone guess what I'm wearing?! :lol:

Last edited:
Shout out to Serge for giving the heads up about the air aidens at the rack. Got the last pair :pimp:

Also saw a pair of lunagrands and loafers there as well. Took a quick pic of what I saw, sorry for the poor iphone quality. Can anyone guess what I'm wearing?! :lol:

Squadron Roshes

Don't skimp on shoes. Shoes like Aldo look good for 1-2 wears then become so wrinkled, so shapeless, and get so many scuff marks that they're useless for anything besides beaters for clubbing and bar hopping.

I'm not one of those snobs that makes ridiculous claims like "Oh, that H&M or Zara shirt is gonna fall apart after 2 wears" (I have many shirts from there that still look good after 2-3 years) but shoes go through a lot of beating, so you want them to be decent quality.

i hear you on this, but i wonder if you, or anyone, has any insight on asos.com? ive been thinking of pulling the trigger on some drivers but im not sure about the quality

Serg I feel you on the waistcoat and trousers fits. Only problem for me is that I feel like its inappropriate being how casual my office culture is. Only a hand full ever wear suits so I don't think I'd ever do the 3 piece to work. However, I am unsure on the waistcoat x trousers get up. Would that still be too much? :rolleyes

Don't stress too much what others are wearing, I know I did for a time at work and what I wore took a dip in terms of effort and ensembles. I think trousers, waistcoat, plain white shirt and no tie is business casual.

No problem, which reminded me to post my pair.

Oh, we're playing this game then? Let's not forget who put y'all on...

lol j/k
But no lie, I actually just finished shining up mine. Cereal, get that AE walnut on there asap :pimp:

IMO the only things that can truly be "quality" where you get what you pay for are suits, shoes, and fall/winter gear. Anything else IMO is all the same.

That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen in this thread and that's saying a lot.

i hear you on this, but i wonder if you, or anyone, has any insight on asos.com? ive been thinking of pulling the trigger on some drivers but im not sure about the quality

I agree that it's stupid to make blanket statements about how, for example, ALL of H&M's clothing are poor quality and will fall apart after a few wears or the dude that assumed that all suits at JC Penney were crap with low armholes and a boxy fit or whatever. It may be generally true and I don't own any suits from JC Penney but at least 3 people now have been happy with some low priced suits from there, 2 have posted pics so far that looked good and the other seems to have good judgement in clothes but I can attest that H&M has some stuff that I've bought just as a quick need for something cheap and has lasted me a long time. I don't shop there often but I'll definitely admit I've had some crap from there too but I think I have a good enough ability at this point to determine whether something is made well enough at least to make it a good buy, it's not hard to tell which items are poorly constructed or made from extremely cheap fabric.

Anyway, in terms of ASOS, I've ordered from there 3 times, I think. I can't speak on their drivers or shoes in particular becaus I haven't ordered any from there. They do carry more expensive, brand name items so I assume you're asking about their brand which is generally cheap? Once again, aside from shoes because I don't know, they're fine for the most part but I've probably returned 1/3 of what I've purchased from there (do they still have free shipping & returns?) because they've got some cheap, acrylic blend type stuff but I've also got some more unique cotton polos and the quality is pretty good, better than what most would view compared to H&M. I even have two oxfords shirts which aren't noticeably different in quality than, say J. Crew.

Last edited:
That is one of the most ridiculous statements I've seen in this thread and that's saying a lot.
I agree that it's stupid to make blanket statements about how, for example, ALL of H&M's clothing are poor quality and will fall apart after a few wears or the dude that assumed that all suits at JC Penney were crap with low armholes and a boxy fit or whatever. It may be generally true and I don't own any suits from JC Penney but at least 3 people now have been happy with some low priced suits from there, 2 have posted pics so far that looked good and the other seems to have good judgement in clothes but I can attest that H&M has some stuff that I've bought just as a quick need for something cheap and has lasted me a long time. I don't shop there often but I'll definitely admit I've had some crap from there too but I think I have a good enough ability at this point to determine whether something is made well enough at least to make it a good buy, it's not hard to tell which items are poorly constructed or made from extremely cheap fabric.

Anyway, in terms of ASOS, I've ordered from there 3 times, I think. I can't speak on their drivers or shoes in particular becaus I haven't ordered any from there. They do carry more expensive, brand name items so I assume you're asking about their brand which is generally cheap? Once again, aside from shoes because I don't know, they're fine for the most part but I've probably returned 1/3 of what I've purchased from there (do they still have free shipping & returns?) because they've got some cheap, acrylic blend type stuff but I've also got some more unique cotton polos and the quality is pretty good, better than what most would view compared to H&M. I even have two oxfords shirts which aren't noticeably different in quality than, say J. Crew.

Well that's how you feel and I can care less. If you feel a 200 dollar white tee is that much better than a 4 dollar one, more power to you. Fall winter gear is thicker for the purpose of keeping you warm which is its clear You can see quality differences in sweaters and jackets. Summer gear for the avg person are Ts and Polos, polos you can see quality differences sure, ts not so much.

Oh, we're playing this game then? Let's not forget who put y'all on...

lol j/k
But no lie, I actually just finished shining up mine. Cereal, get that AE walnut on there asap :pimp:

Don't stress too much what others are wearing, I know I did for a time at work and what I wore took a dip in terms of effort and ensembles. I think trousers, waistcoat, plain white shirt and no tie is business casual.
No problem, which reminded me to post my pair.

Dam these look good.. for $90, I might pass by the Rack tomorrow durring my lunch break

Well that's how you feel and I can care less. If you feel a 200 dollar white tee is that much better than a 4 dollar one, more power to you. Fall winter gear is thicker for the purpose of keeping you warm which is its clear You can see quality differences in sweaters and jackets. Summer gear for the avg person are Ts and Polos, polos you can see quality differences sure, ts not so much.

I think you couldn't care less and yeah, because a $200 vs $4 white tee is a great example. :rolleyes Anyway, they're almost definitely not 50x better in material & construction, fit, etc to justify the price but...you can very easily find higher quality Egyptian cotton t-shirts from a company like Sunspel which are clearly much better (I've gotten a couple on sale for less than $30) and have retained that softness over many washes than a 5 for $20 Hanes t-shirt. If you can't see and feel a noticeable difference especially after washes, that's on you. Even J Crew's Jaspe t-shirts that are around $35 and you can usually find on sale for like $20. Some people are just frugal (read: cheap) and might not appreciate the differences in the two or do everything they can to justify their unwillingness or inability to spend more. That's not to say you can't get by with a Hanes t-shirt, I have one on now that I wore to work out but the collar is all ****** up, it's shrunk about a size and the material has clearly changed its feel over time.

That's just one example because you brought up that extreme with t-shirts. You also get what you pay for with dress shirts and I'm not talking $400 shirts but even the difference between one from the previously cited H&M compared to Canali or even Hugo Boss which aren't even that expensive. I could go on with so many more instances (polos which you now brought up, jeans, even socks) but it's really not worth it. Throw on some bright-soled wannabe Lunargrands and kick rocks.

Are those the brown & orange Lunargrand loafers? Which rack, how much and do you know if they had more than one size?

I have the oxblood pair that I got a good deal on for something like $110 which was definitely worth it. I could go for another pair if they're around that price.

Nice Roshes BTW. I still have my Calypsos that need to get more use.

Back
Top Bottom