Dressing better

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

What kinda collars sans tie do ya'll think work best with sweaters?

was kind of workign my way back through the thread and saw this.  methinks a button down is best.  

Originally Posted by i3allistic

196-SPERRY-0281220.gif

Finally pulled the trigger on a pairs of these bad boys ...been wanting a pair for awhile...and since fall/winter coming up
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got these last year half price at Nordstrom Rack.  They look great but are uncomfortable

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

196-SPERRY-0281220.gif

Finally pulled the trigger on a pairs of these bad boys ...been wanting a pair for awhile...and since fall/winter coming up
devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I got these last year half price at Nordstrom Rack.  They look great but are uncomfortable

Those soles are awful for wet surfaces and snow/ice...They look great no doubt about that

almost got those boots last year but ended up holding out for those red wings Steezy put me on. Glad I didn't cop. THey seem like they would be okay but wouldn't be worth much in the long run... Now those Desert Mail Boots posted a page back are SMOKING

^I'm loving the fitment of that henley. Not too tight, but really close around the sides. Ideal fitment right there. Could just be because he's so big (no mo).

Originally Posted by shoemasta72

As long as it's the appropriate fit, who cares what the cost is!
Pop-over today for some running around town. Couple people already throwing compliments...

Spoiler [+]

Spoiler [+]

True. I love the look of po-overs but have a hard time finding any, let alone well fitting. Most seem to be quite boxy around the bottom half, more so than a traditional button down. 
Bron's Bastian henley is nice but pleated pants though?

I'm pretty sure this has been asked a million times. Don't kill me. Can anyone point me in the direction of some nice quality saddle shoes?
My range on saddle shoes is $75-$200. Thanks a lot.

Timberland F&F – 40% off almost everything w/ code FRIEND11

Credit to John M. and Edward C. for the style tips. Expires 9/19

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

196-SPERRY-0281220.gif

devil.gif
devil.gif
devil.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Those soles are awful for wet surfaces and snow/ice...They look great no doubt about that
i live in cali, so i don't have to worry about snow/ice
laugh.gif
, but thanks for the heads up on the comfort department ...

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

Lebron at the Michael Bastian S/S 2012 show

091211lebron7924web.jpg

Shots from the show: http://****ingyoung.es/mi...stian-springsummer-2012/
that henley looks aesthetic as !$$+ on his physique (no mo).. almost makes up for the grandpa pleated fronts

Below are twenty-five pieces of vital information that every man over 14 in the Western world should know. Every man. No excuses. Seriously. Seriously.
  1. Unbutton the bottom button of your jacket. It’s not intended to be buttoned.
  2. Same goes for your vest.
  3. Remove the tags on the sleeves of your jacket before you wear it.
  4. Jackets sometimes come with white basting thread on their shoulders or holding closed their vents. Remove this thread before wearing the jacket.
  5. Jacket pockets are intended to be opened. Use a small scissor or seam ripper.
  6. More than three jacket buttons is never appropriate for anything.
  7. On a three-button coat, buttoning the top button is optional, and some lapels are rolled so as to make the top button ornamental. In other words: if buttoning the top button seems wrong, it is.
  8. Brown shoes, brown belt. Black shoes, black belt.
  9. Belt or suspenders. Never belt and suspenders.
  10. Your jacket sleeve should be short enough to show some shirt cuff - about half an inch. 
  11. Your pants should end at your shoes without puddling. A slight or half break means that there is one modest inflection point in the front crease. If your pants break both front and back or if they break on the sides, they’re too long.
  12. Your coat should follow and flatter the lines of your upper body, not pool around them. You should be able to slip a hand in to get to your inside breast pocket, but if the jacket’s closed and you can pound your heart with your fist, it’s too big.
  13. When you buy a suit or sportcoat, it should be altered to fit by a tailor. This will cost between $25 and $100.
  14. Your tie should reach your belt line - it shouldn’t end above your belt or below it.
  15. Your tie knot should have a dimple.
  16. Only wear a tie if you’re also wearing a suit or sportcoat (or, very casually, a sweater). Shirt, tie and no jacket is the wedding uniform of a nine-year-old.
  17. The only men who should wear black suits during the day are priests, undertakers, secret agents, funerals attendees and yokels.
  18. Cell phone holsters are horrible.
  19. So are square-toed shoes.
  20. Never wear visible socks with shorts.
  21. Or any socks with sandals.
  22. If your shirt is tucked in, you should be wearing a belt (or suspenders, if you’re wearing a jacket as well, or your trousers should have side adjusters and no belt loops).
  23. Flip flops are great for the pool and the beach and not great for anything else. (Some say this is a matter of taste. We agree. If you have any taste, you will only wear flip-flops at the beach or pool.)
  24. Long ties are not appropriate with a tuxedo.
  25. Never wear polyester outside of the gym or theme parties.
Credit http://putthison.com/page/3 

1-5 no shh sherlock

6 steve harvey/ choppa suit swag

8- not iron clad. black and tan can be pulled off if u have the style cojones to do so

10-14 see comment from 1-5

15- not really

16- i like the site but have you seen the guy who does these segments?

20- this guy seems quite locked into rules. eff that

24- basura
_________

i'm sorry but this guide is to conservative.

Need help!

just ordered some 505 trousers from levi and they fit great but the leg opening at the bottom is too narrow if u know what i mean, I can like tuck my pants into my shoes, its too narrow for some of my bulkier shoes like jordans

anyways, does anyone know how i can maybe fix this with these pants? or what new brands i should look for if i return them?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

1-5 no shh sherlock

6 steve harvey/ choppa suit swag

8- not iron clad. black and tan can be pulled off if u have the style cojones to do so

10-14 see comment from 1-5

15- not really

16- i like the site but have you seen the guy who does these segments?

20- this guy seems quite locked into rules. eff that

24- basura
_________

i'm sorry but this guide is to conservative.
The people who follow these rules are always trying too hard. No flip flops? Dude wants everyone to wear suits and dress shoes to go grocery shopping

Been looking for a cheap/decent herringbone/tweed blazer for ages. What do you recommend?

server

server

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Why do people hate pleats so much? Because GQ told you to?
I'm thinking the same thing.
I think that pleats look very nice, especially on heavy wool pants.
Don't really read GQ or believe that ALL 'fashion rules' should be followed exactly but I think it's an undeniable truth that pleats tend to make the wearers bottom portion look larger than it really is, 
which in general, is undesirable. By Bron wearing such a well-fitting, untucked top, I was surprised to see him opt for pleated pants. I have seen pleats be pulled off properly but in my opinion, Bron's lines would have been a little cleaner had he chosen flat fronts.. Still a very nice look though.  

Originally Posted by Supermanblue79

Originally Posted by HankMoody

Why do people hate pleats so much? Because GQ told you to?
I'm thinking the same thing.
I think that pleats look very nice, especially on heavy wool pants.
Pleats are associated with older gentlemen, thats pretty well known. Not sure why you would think GQ has anything to do with that

For a tweed jacket, try your local thrift shop first. Just look for a harris tweed tag inside the jacket.

I picked up this Missoni x Target sweater today on impulse. Still on the fence about keeping it. Thoughts? (The right sleeve looks really scrunched but it fits fine I think)

Back
Top Bottom