Dressing better

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by NY Denim Seller

Originally Posted by DaFittedKing

im not lookin for extra attention...i wanna be just like you
2enuqlz.jpg

pimp.gif
Quite possibly the best thing I've seen in this whole thread.

How much do those LV Belts cost?

LV >>>>>
the sad thing is i know you're not joking
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
Seriously. You know he's either going to be sagging extra hard so the belt shows too, or have the front of the shirt tucked behind the beltbuckle. I'm an LV man as well, but I prefer the classic brown, and I only do leather goods like wallets and bags, no belts of shades or scarves for me.

Nii - good find, man! You surely beat me on the deal to the shoe.

FYI BR has a sale going on right now, extra 30% off on sale items. There are shoes and suits on sale at good prices already and with 30% off that, it becomeseven a better deal.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by 5tan

Thoughts on wearing a vest with a gingham shirt?
In my mind I think it would look nice, but when trying it, I think it would be not so nice.

Thoughts?

thats a nice look if done right. i think there is a picture somewhere on NT of lebron rocking a black/white ginham with a black vest and a black tie. very sharp.
Yep. Gingham is a very versatile pattern. If done right, it can be done with a vest or a blazer. I have one from J. Crew and is planning onwearing it with a knitted tie and a vest when I need to AKA when the weather gets cooler.
laugh.gif

^^^^ Yes, it is.

FYI BR has a sale going on right now, extra 30% off on sale items. There are shoes and suits on sale at good prices already and with 30% off that, it becomes even a better deal.

Is it instore only?

Originally Posted by Truballa72189

Hey so I decided I want to start dressing better since I am now a sophomore business major in college and usually go to class wearing sweats and a hoody. I feel like as a respectable business man I'll have to dress the part, so although I do not want to start wearing suits to class or anything, I do want to start "dressing up" a little more. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. My wardrobe now consists primarily of plain t-shirts, hoodies, a ton of Jordan stuff (sweatpants, hoodies, 60 pairs of shoes) and I want to gradually start wearing nicer clothes. At first I bought a few Burberry polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else. I also subscribed to GQ to try to get some fashion tips. I was just wondering what the next step should be....button up shirts? nice pants/jeans? My roommate said to start with one outfit and work from there, but I just wanted to see if anybody else had any opinions on what to buy, and any reccomendations about this subject at all. Basically, I just want to dress nicer and stand out...where do I start? Thanks in advance!
OP, feel free to check out my blog. It's basically a daily account of what I wore to the office. I get my inspiration mostly from observingwhat other people wear and then picking/choosing what I think works for me. You mentioned GQ, great mag to get ideas from.

Ultimately though your dress will be determined primarily by what area of business you decide to get into(ex.Banking is going to be more conservative than sayadvertising).

Here's the link: http://jehul.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by Jehul

Hey so I decided I want to start dressing better since I am now a sophomore business major in college and usually go to class wearing sweats and a hoody. I feel like as a respectable business man I'll have to dress the part, so although I do not want to start wearing suits to class or anything, I do want to start "dressing up" a little more. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. My wardrobe now consists primarily of plain t-shirts, hoodies, a ton of Jordan stuff (sweatpants, hoodies, 60 pairs of shoes) and I want to gradually start wearing nicer clothes. At first I bought a few Burberry polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else. I also subscribed to GQ to try to get some fashion tips. I was just wondering what the next step should be....button up shirts? nice pants/jeans? My roommate said to start with one outfit and work from there, but I just wanted to see if anybody else had any opinions on what to buy, and any reccomendations about this subject at all. Basically, I just want to dress nicer and stand out...where do I start? Thanks in advance!
OP, feel free to check out my blog. It's basically a daily account of what I wore to the office. I get my inspiration mostly from observing what other people wear and then picking/choosing what I think works for me. You mentioned GQ, great mag to get ideas from.

Ultimately though your dress will be determined primarily by what area of business you decide to get into(ex.Banking is going to be more conservative than say advertising).

nice blog. i was about to critique your haggar pants with the million pleats ... lol ... but you came back nicely with some other fits as istrolled down. still, i think that pants needs to be altered if you want to keep the pleats.

also, i REALLY like that pink checkered JOS A Bank tie?

OP, feel free to check out my blog. It's basically a daily account of what I wore to the office. I get my inspiration mostly from observing what other people wear and then picking/choosing what I think works for me. You mentioned GQ, great mag to get ideas from.

Ultimately though your dress will be determined primarily by what area of business you decide to get into(ex.Banking is going to be more conservative than say advertising).

nice blog. i was about to critique your haggar pants with the million pleats ... lol ... but you came back nicely with some other fits as i strolled down. still, i think that pants needs to be altered if you want to keep the pleats.

also, i REALLY like that pink checkered JOS A Bank tie?
Haha, thanks man. I think I'm going to get rid of the Haggar pants... the joints are whack and don't really wear them that much anymore.

I like the pink checkered tie too, got it on sale for about $20 I think...Speaking of which I think Jos A bank is having a sale this weekend

Originally Posted by Disfunctional

Since we're on the subject of Sperry's, www.shoebuy.com is having a "20$ off 50$+ purchases when using paypal" sale.Bout to cop white,navy and possibly brown a/o's for 45$ each.
is there a promo code? or has this expired?

I been lurkin this thread for a while, and I'm late as hell but anyone have any deals on those clae mcqueens or clarks. Pockets is hurtin and I need somenew shoes, I bought my last pair of dunks in december :smh

last day in chicago. man i wish we had a Nordstrom Rack back home.
John Varvatos pants for 59 bucks

Express has a sale going on today. I picked up a couple of shirts and pants so you guys might want to check it out.

StaXX wrote:
Express has a sale going on today. I picked up a couple of shirts and pants so you guys might want to check it out.

It's been ongoing for a while now. I've seen the take extra 20-30% off the clearance stuff since last week or two. But their quality hasgone down the crapper in the last several years. For what you're paying in that store, you can check out the on sale sections of BR and J. Crew and evenH&M since I feel now the quality of Express is on the same level as H&M.

wj4, rfx and co ... nuff respect on all the knowledge and links you've been dropping on this thread. been a busy few weeks so cant help ... but just wanted to shout yall out and say you guys are doing a great job...

the heat in the A really picked up, so you'll see more casual fits from the past few days:

Ignore the goofy looking face - wifey was cracking me up:

No offense...I think your jacket arms are a slightly too short. I feel like they show just a bit too much of the shirt. And the way your pants are sittingare slightly long (it might just be the way your standing though).

Hey so I decided I want to start dressing better since I am now a sophomore business major in college and usually go to class wearing sweats and a hoody. I
feel like as a respectable business man I'll have to dress the part, so although I do not want to start wearing suits to class or anything, I do want to
start "dressing up" a little more. The only problem is that I don't know where to start. My wardrobe now consists primarily of plain t-shirts,
hoodies, a ton of Jordan stuff (sweatpants, hoodies, 60 pairs of shoes) and I want to gradually start wearing nicer clothes. At first I bought a few Burberry
polo shirts, because I want to dress nice, but not just fit in with everybody else. I also subscribed to GQ to try to get some fashion tips. I was just
wondering what the next step should be....button up shirts? nice pants/jeans? My roommate said to start with one outfit and work from there, but I just wanted
to see if anybody else had any opinions on what to buy, and any reccomendations about this subject at all. Basically, I just want to dress nicer and stand
out...where do I start? Thanks in advance!

No offense, but if I was your boss, I'd fire you for coming into work with some of the outfits you have posted on your blog.

Thanks for the replies guys, totally forgot about that LBJ photo. I think I'll go without the tie, but we'll see....
Just gotta find that perfect vest. I'm too picky when it comes to clothes, need that right fit, and look....

You guys have a lot of rules about cuff length. Perhaps at a funeral its a good idea to look like everyone else. Men are pretty restricted with what a"suit" can be worn as...showing a little cuff is a way to make it unique rather than looking like everyone else.

Justin_Timberlake%5B1%5D.jpg

Originally Posted by Knivesdesu

Originally Posted by USABasketball08

Where can i get those khaki-colored Levi's, and how much would they run me?

You are asking a pretty broad question. What kind of fit are you looking for? They make khaki jeans in almost every style, although I think this quarter only offers a Khaki in the 501 style if I'm not mistaken (more on the relaxed side of fit to me).

They do make a 511 in a Khaki color which is a true skinny, as well as a khaki "Slim" 514, and a "Slim Trouser" which has the same leg width as the 514 cut but has trouser style pockets and a slightly different back pocket. I believe they also made their vintage straight (similar to a 501 leg with a slightly lower rise) in a khaki color two quarters or more ago I believe, but I haven't seen those in a while.

The 501 will run you $59.50 online or from a levis store, but you might cop less at macy's/jc penny on a sale if you get lucky. The 511/514/Trouser are all older styles and might be found on sale for 50% off or more in store, but I think they took them down online. I know I found the Trousers in both White and Khaki for $29.90 recently, I sized down one from my natural size and they fit exactly how I like basically. Great more casual pants that you can still dress up.

Hope that helped.

I'm looking for a straight fit khaki-colored jean..I'll check out the 501's.

Originally Posted by c0nf0cal

You guys have a lot of rules about cuff length. Perhaps at a funeral its a good idea to look like everyone else. Men are pretty restricted with what a "suit" can be worn as...showing a little cuff is a way to make it unique rather than looking like everyone else.

Justin_Timberlake%5B1%5D.jpg
That's ok for the sloppy relaxed suit look...

but if you got the tie on, and your about to goto a power meeting or something, make sure that cuff game is in check.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by shoeshi

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by jumpmankb

tried on some levi 514s last night. 30-30 fit perfect but im afraid they are gonna shrink, 31-30 fit weird, 30-32 fit really good but were just a little bit long (but im used to jeans being kinda baggy anyways), 31-32 fit good but not as good as the 30-32. i dont think im gonna get the 30-30 because when theyre shrink theyre gonna be too short i think and i wont like them. so my question....

should i get the 30-32 or 31-32? when i pull the front of the jeans out in the 30-32 i have about 2 inches and have about 2.5 - 3 inches in the 31-32. but i look better in the 30-32. do they shrink a lot?
If 30/30 fits you perfectly, get it. However if you have 2 inches of space around your waist, that is BAGGY, and they will stretch out even more after several wears. You should be able to put your fingers in there, but they should not be falling off your waist, even without a belt.

Lengthwise, they don't shrink much. I find that Levi's length is longer than other companys. All of my jeans are 30/30 and Levi's are always the longest.
definitely true. but if its 100% cotton itll shrink. cause my 511 denims always shrink but stretches out after wears
Most denims do that. From my $30 Levi's to $250 Rock And Republic, the waist stretches out after a couple of wears. The only jeans that don't stretch out for me are my selvedge ones.

I can't even squeeze into a 511, the thighs are just too tight. 514 was a good fit for me.
your selvedge denims are most likely sanforized

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by sloanboy

is your stuff tailored made? fits very well
I doubt it's made from scratch, but altered...jacket = sleeves, width taken in, pants = inseam, and maybe seat and waist. You cannot wear suits off the rack 99.9% of the time. When you buy more expensive suits, the pants usually come in a long inseam of 34-35'' and the hem is unfinished...so that you can get it altered to your length. This is the theory behind designer denim too, that's why Diesel, R&R, etc. come in 34'' inseam. But people don't know better and just wear them as is, ending up dragging on the floor looking super unsanitary.
how much does it usually cost

Back
Top Bottom