Dressing better

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

picked up a couple shirts on the low from the j. crew outlet
2drsx0j.jpg
price? and which jcrew outlet? was thinking about going tomorrow

Originally Posted by thebeaner99

Alls i rock is Polo, Nautica, Gucci, Ed hardy and Some j's. Thats all a true g needs

laugh.gif

So I'm getting a new position at work next month which will require me to "dress better" and I have several questions. First I'll be looking to stock up my wardrobe with dress shirts, but my problem is I have a large neck about 19" so I assume I need a neck size 20 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I am by no means obese, I'm actually in pretty great shape I just happen to be 6'4 and 235lbs. I've been looking around on several popular retailers and have not found any company that sells dress shirts in my neck size except for Ralph Lauren. Can anyone recommend me any reputable companies or sites that do sell shirts in that size. I am located in NYC so if anyone knows any stores in the city that they can recommend that will also be appreciated.

Another thing I'll be looking into is new work shoes. Can anyone recommend me some that are good enough to wear in a professional environment, comfortable to walk distances in, and most importantly durable enough to last me awhile, especially if they're on the expensive end of things. I'll need a black pair and probably a brown pair as well, any other recommendations will gladly be taken.

Lastly as I mentioned before I live in NYC, and I need a good tailor either in Manhattan or Queens. I saw earlier in the thread someone mentioned to do a google search for alterations, unfortunately only one spot came up with high recommendations in the city, http://www.yelp.com/biz/alteration-shop-new-york. Does anyone have any experience with them or with any other alteration shops in NYC? I'll mostly be looking to do tapering on pant legs, and tapering dress shirts to fit my body and reduce that baggy look on the sides.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Originally Posted by bhergh

2drsx0j.jpg

none of the shirts were over $17. got them last weekend while they had an extra 30% off at an outlet in PA

Originally Posted by GreenRanger

So I'm getting a new position at work next month which will require me to "dress better" and I have several questions. First I'll be looking to stock up my wardrobe with dress shirts, but my problem is I have a large neck about 19" so I assume I need a neck size 20 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). I am by no means obese, I'm actually in pretty great shape I just happen to be 6'4 and 235lbs. I've been looking around on several popular retailers and have not found any company that sells dress shirts in my neck size except for Ralph Lauren. Can anyone recommend me any reputable companies or sites that do sell shirts in that size. I am located in NYC so if anyone knows any stores in the city that they can recommend that will also be appreciated.

Another thing I'll be looking into is new work shoes. Can anyone recommend me some that are good enough to wear in a professional environment, comfortable to walk distances in, and most importantly durable enough to last me awhile, especially if they're on the expensive end of things. I'll need a black pair and probably a brown pair as well, any other recommendations will gladly be taken.

Lastly as I mentioned before I live in NYC, and I need a good tailor either in Manhattan or Queens. I saw earlier in the thread someone mentioned to do a google search for alterations, unfortunately only one spot came up with high recommendations in the city, http://www.yelp.com/biz/alteration-shop-new-york. Does anyone have any experience with them or with any other alteration shops in NYC? I'll mostly be looking to do tapering on pant legs, and tapering dress shirts to fit my body and reduce that baggy look on the sides.

I use The Alteration Shop for all my stuff. The guy's name is Adel and he really knows his craft and will explain things to you, giving you alternatives about what he can do for you and what his opinion of the current trends are, while ultimately letting you be the boss and dictate how you want to look. He is a bit pricey I think ($15 for hem, $30 for taper, $35 for waist/seat/thigh adjustments, $25 for sleeve alteration, etc.) but I think he's definitely worth the money, especially if you spend a lot of time/work in Midtown.

Three things you need:
1.) Isaia Navy Suit
2.) A nice white or light blue Borrelli dress shirt
3.) A dark brown pair of John Lobb shoes.
pimp.gif

Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by damn its me

Originally Posted by Hendrix Watermelon

Originally Posted by damn its me

nii, or anyone who wears button ups (everyone) im not sure what size you wear...but my store is closing and we have a lot of L, and xl ted baker, theory, steven alan, marc by marc jacobs and stuff...all 75% off (that makes those 200 dollar shirts like 40 or 50 bucks) if anyone is even halfway interested, let me know and ill try and take a group photo of everything

Woah, you guys finna have a sale on everything else?
nerd.gif
668 post st.  ill have L's (non ohio) and xl's all day..come by@!
damn its too big (pauseeeeee). I wear a S broski
laugh.gif
. Thanks tho.

Originally Posted by bhergh

none of the shirts were over $17. got them last weekend while they had an extra 30% off at an outlet in PA
thanks for the info, still gonna go look though cuz they are still having a sale down here according to the las americas outlet website.

Hey guys

Just scooped up a pair of Sebago x ronnie fieg.  Wondering how they fit.  I oredered a 10.5 which is my normal size but have a feeling i should have gone smaller.  I wear an 10.5-11 in most shoes.  My spacejams are an 11 my lebron v2s are a 10.5 my white cement 3s are 10.5.  Help is appreciated.

mens-Spring-11-37261-800x533.jpg

Originally Posted by Jking0821

Hey guys

Just scooped up a pair of Sebago x ronnie fieg.  Wondering how they fit.  I oredered a 10.5 which is my normal size but have a feeling i should have gone smaller.  I wear an 10.5-11 in most shoes.  My spacejams are an 11 my lebron v2s are a 10.5 my white cement 3s are 10.5.  Help is appreciated.

I'm not hating at all but I don't understand the point of your question. I mean, you already ordered them right? Why not just wait till they get to your doorstep in a couple of days and find out first hand?

I really like the shoes though.

Hey guys

mens-Spring-11-37261-800x533.jpg

Sebagos run huge from what I hear.  1 size, or maybe 1.5 bigger.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Hey guys

Sebagos run huge from what I hear.  1 size, or maybe 1.5 bigger.

WOOOOOOOOORD?
FUUUUUUU-

rafsjay - no luck bro, just searched their site and they are gone....i might stop by the store this weekend, will let you know if there are any there...

So after reviewing this thread, I see Charles Thrywitt seems pretty solid, I already own some Brooks Bros., but does anyone have any other good suggestions? Ideally I'd like slim fit and some help on what collars are the best! Thanks!

Originally Posted by ksteezy

rafsjay - no luck bro, just searched their site and they are gone....i might stop by the store this weekend, will let you know if there are any there...

Thanks fam. Looking for an 8.5. If all else fails I found the ones without the fleece lining. May have to settle for those.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

So after reviewing this thread, I see Charles Thrywitt seems pretty solid, I already own some Brooks Bros., but does anyone have any other good suggestions? Ideally I'd like slim fit and some help on what collars are the best! Thanks!
If you're at all slim, go with the tailored fit.  Awesome.  Collars to me are a matter of preference and facial structure.  With CT, look out for their sales, 4 for $199 plus free shipping or other coupons.  Good shirts for a good price.

could someone recommend me some moderately priced brown shoes....ones that go well with khakis for a business casual look...but also could be pulled off wearing jeans....anyone got anything good?? not looking to spend too much

yo, I just seen some dope $%@ dark green jeans at pac sun and I'm thinking on copping them. What would you guys wear with them? I'm on the fence on this one and can't think of something other than a black tee to wear (simple, yet effective?). Not a fan of brown or orange. Word to those undefeated V's.

Originally Posted by PetePeteO

Three things you need:
1.) Isaia Navy Suit
2.) A nice white or light blue Borrelli dress shirt
3.) A dark brown pair of John Lobb shoes.
pimp.gif

Hope that helps.

^your recommendation is well over $5k at least.
for comfortable shoes, you could always seek out rubber bottoms as they are definitely more comfortable than hard bottoms (leather soled).  You can find decent looking rubber bottom dress shoes from a variety of brands from all price ranges, from CK to Cole Haan to Geox to AE or Ferragamo, etc.  Some new styles from Geox aren't that bad looking and they really stress their waterproof soles/air soles.

In terms of shirts, you're pretty much SOL unless you go MTM or bespoke.  A lot of house brand stores like Barneys, S5A, Neimans, Nordstrom etc have "modern fit" shirts with neck sizes that large.  These house brand shirts are actually made by the brands they carry, just private labeled and marked down a tier in price.  Otherwise, just stick to what fits and tailor it.  Have you tried BB slim fits?

TJ Detweiler wrote:
I need these.
nerd.gif

COMM-MZ138_V1.jpg

These are sold out.  From F/W '10.
Mark Antony wrote:
Falcon4567 wrote:
Mark Antony wrote:
I can't even imagine what skinny cargo pants would look like.

Like so!
upgrade-adam-weinblatt.jpg

These are more slim fit than skinny fit to me.  I was thinking bout some skin tight joints when i saw skinny
laugh.gif
.  Those are dope though, who?

rag & bone makes a nice pair
RAGB-MP40_V1.jpg

http://www.forwardforward.com/fwd/DisplayProduct.jsp?d=M&s=B&c=rag+&+bone&product=RAGB-MP40

anyone order from davidz's website? i bought some desert boots on wednesday and the damn order is still processing. i emailed the mearlier, b ut i was just wondering if they usually take this long.

i shoulda just took the drive from nj there smh.

btw, i wore the a.p.c x vans. the beige authentics are teh sex.

Back
Top Bottom