indifferent.gif

on some Leprechaun type of $@@$
smh.gif

roll.gif
sick.gif
roll.gif
the stuff posted in here is hit or miss. trying way too @#$%@$ hard
laugh.gif
. some dudes like RFX and a few others have a good sense of style though.

Holy moly...I just looked up the price on those Lucky Charm boots just for the hell of it...they don't come less than $1,000!

My dude had the nerve too to hit us with the "well excuuuse me, i thought this was the dressing better thread".
laugh.gif
It is my dude, for every other day that's not halloween.

I was sick and tired of my jeans and how long and wide they are in the bottom and my search eld me to Macys for some 511's, whichf it just right.
Then, H&M was right next door so I visited the store as well and found some nice Sliqs.
All the jeans (2 511's and 2 Sliqs) were $10 off each. I had a coupon from Macys and H&M has a pants weekend where every jeans are $10 off.
Total $110 for 4 jeans. Not bad, I might exchange the darker 511's for some light jeans though.
jeans10.jpg

511's fit a bit tight, 30-30, should still stretch though then it would be just right.
Length is perfect too.
511_s10.jpg

While looking at H&M, I stumbled upon their corduroy suit, tried it on and it was all over.
$110 for the pants and jacket total. Fit is great, just need to hem the pants and maybe a half an inch shorter on the sleeves.
cordur16.jpg

I was going to think twice about the corduroy suit but I figured, it would be very versatile.
I could wear it as a full suit, I could just wear the pants with some sport shirt or I could just wear the jacket with jeans.

RFX, if you are going for that silhouette then I'd suggest Gap skinny japanese denim jeans or nudies, particularly svens. From the pics it seems like wehave the same body frame/build. It's better to invest in a pair of jeans that can be broken into your form. You will fall in love with them in the long run

Also if you don't mind me asking, what is your suit jacket size?

Originally Posted by airboy23

RFX, if you are going for that silhouette then I'd suggest Gap skinny japanese denim jeans or nudies, particularly svens. From the pics it seems like we have the same body frame/build. It's better to invest in a pair of jeans that can be broken into your form. You will fall in love with them in the long run

Also if you don't mind me asking, what is your suit jacket size?

I have considered Nudies but I just haven't had the chance to try it on. Plus considering I got the 511's for $25 each and the Sliqs for $30 each, Iconsider it a great deal and should hold me well for a year or two, maybe longer. Also, the jacket size is 36R, I tried the 38R and it looked fine but I alwaystry stuff a size smaller and it worked a lot better so I went with the 36R.

does anyone know where I can get some double breasted vest? I checked Macy's and the guy was like "I don't think we carry that" and theydon't... Maybe like a nordstrom or whatever somewhere i can find them easily anjd try on, online too if you happen to know a site with a wide variety... imlooking for somewhere along the lines of this
3870407144_a24310732f_o.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

I was sick and tired of my jeans and how long and wide they are in the bottom and my search eld me to Macys for some 511's, whichf it just right.
Then, H&M was right next door so I visited the store as well and found some nice Sliqs.
All the jeans (2 511's and 2 Sliqs) were $10 off each. I had a coupon from Macys and H&M has a pants weekend where every jeans are $10 off.
Total $110 for 4 jeans. Not bad, I might exchange the darker 511's for some light jeans though.
jeans10.jpg

511's fit a bit tight, 30-30, should still stretch though then it would be just right.
Length is perfect too.
511_s10.jpg

While looking at H&M, I stumbled upon their corduroy suit, tried it on and it was all over.
$110 for the pants and jacket total. Fit is great, just need to hem the pants and maybe a half an inch shorter on the sleeves.
cordur16.jpg

I was going to think twice about the corduroy suit but I figured, it would be very versatile.
I could wear it as a full suit, I could just wear the pants with some sport shirt or I could just wear the jacket with jeans.
i just bought the exact same two h&m pants. weird

when i went to try on 511s they were just too tight for me. maybe its cause i gained a lot of weight in the summer idk but i couldnt do it

Originally Posted by DJprestige21

Augusta.

img2885hf7.jpg
Those dark brown boots are very nice.

I slept on this thread; you guys are putting up some nice things in this thread.
pimp.gif

These are one of the dress boots that I will be wearing after the weather change...
RL Chelsea high

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Some great advice in this post, nice to see it past 200+ pgs
I havent really been " dressing better " lately cuz I spent the summer unemployed partying a whole lot .... but Fall's here
recently ....

332wjfp.png

to a funeral RIP my best friends Granny .... I was wearing all blk vans eras that are not shown

200sdy0.jpg

1 button suit to a interview ... I pratically got the job on the spot
pimp.gif

My new boss says " by the way you are dressed I can tell you dont play no games "
eek.gif
pimp.gif

one button suit? really?

and btw I'm surprised no one has told you the collar on that jacket is way too big. you don't notice the spacing? I can see your entire shirt collarand the jacket collar is standing straight up. go see a tailor.

Originally Posted by JDB1523

Khakis/dress pants/suit pants are supposed to go to the top of the shoe, correct? I'm 6"1 and normally wear a 34x32, but the 34x30 come to the top of my foot for me and def. feel more 'fitted.' I think being in Europe for the past year may also be altering my view of what 'fits' and what doesn't...but the 34x30 feel like a perfect fit, and I think I'm just going to keep going with it...

EDIT: The pics on Page 274 that RFX posted are exactly what I'm going through going from the 34x32 to a 34x30...it feels like a snugger fit and a more correct fit, I'm just a little weary that people think they're too short...even though they feel better to me.

the length of the pant is determined by the width at the bottom. the narrower the pant the shorter it needs to be so it doesn't bunch up. if you were inEurope for a year you saw a lot of narrow pants that stop right at the top of the shoe, so that's correct. if you're back in the states you'll seeeverything, but be careful of buying pants with a wide bottom, either taper them or let them go longer so they don't move around your ankle like a hulahoop

Originally Posted by infamousod

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Some great advice in this post, nice to see it past 200+ pgs
I havent really been " dressing better " lately cuz I spent the summer unemployed partying a whole lot .... but Fall's here
recently ....

to a funeral RIP my best friends Granny .... I was wearing all blk vans eras that are not shown

1 button suit to a interview ... I pratically got the job on the spot
pimp.gif

My new boss says " by the way you are dressed I can tell you dont play no games "
eek.gif
pimp.gif

one button suit? really?

and btw I'm surprised no one has told you the collar on that jacket is way too big. you don't notice the spacing? I can see your entire shirt collar and the jacket collar is standing straight up. go see a tailor.

One button suits aren't that bad. The collar or lapel on the jacket isn't overly big either, the button is just lower than usual so it looks longer butthe lapel is actually quite narrow but suit standards.
The high gorge might be the picture too, the angles on pics makes stuff look weird at times.
If you are talking about how the collar part or top part of the jacket spreads out, I believe it might be due to the way he is standing with his hands on hispockets.
Or it might be the pic angle as well.

50% off select suits at BB: http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCat...&Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=574&CMP=EMC-083009d

RFX, youre most likely taller than me (im 5'8 ) and you wear 30x30? i knew levis sizing was messed up. every time i try on levis length 30 they end upactually being 32. and i swear levis used to be alot better fitting overall back in the day too. 3 years ago i used to buy 514s in 32x30 and they used to betight when i got them. now i need to get a 30x30 and get them tailored to fit properly.

Levis sizing is definitely weird.
One of the 30x30 511's I got are pretty tight but from my history with Levis, I know they weill stretch a lot.
The other 30x32 511's i got were a lot loose and seemed pre-stretched, but either way, it fit much better from the start.
What is weird is with the 511's, when I tried the 31x30, the waist and thigh were so much more loose.
It was like sizing up 3-4 sizes.

I got a 29 on the H&M Sliqs but it is a bit long. I'll just fold it for a cuffed look instead of getting it hemmed.
Got to have variety once in a while and I can't really get that cuffed look when there's no break left on the jeans to cuff.

oh ok ill definitely get some 511s if they do stretch that much. because i usually try on 32X30s in 511s but end up not buying them because they fit reallytight on the calves. on the other hand the khaki pair seems to fit perfect

Levis' khaki or twill pants stretch much more than regular jeans.
I could imagine them shrinking more too after a wash though.
I would suggest getting the 31x30 first as i've seen a big difference in size between it and the 30x30.
All my jeans or more specifically Levis fit me perfectly but after several wearings, they definitely stretch a lot.
It's like breaking in shoes, sometimes you just need it to mold to your body.
I personally like Levis because of their sizing options that includes the inseam.
With a 30x30, it doesn't need a trip to the tailor.

Speaking of jeans...

GQ: The Best Jeans Under $100

00001f.jpg

Levi's, 511 skinny, $54
Check the slimmer leg and shorter inseam: perfect for the tailored-and confident-gentleman.

00002f.jpg

H&M, sliq, $40
Cheapest of the bunch, and totally raw-no whiskers, no fading, no distressing. A smart workday option.

00003f.jpg

Kenneth Cole, straight leg, $88
Relaxed and faded-great for the weekend (and a slim leather jacket).

00004f.jpg

J.Crew, 484 slim, $96
A new slimmer, lower-rise cut from the prep powerhouse, with a dark (almost black) rinse.

00005f.jpg

Calvin Klein Jeans Body, copper wash, $80
A looser fit with enough room for active (even airborne) moves.

00006f.jpg

Uniqlo, japan denim slim fit, $80
Raw, hard black denim, straight from Japan, home to the best on the planet.

00007f.jpg

Guess, skinny, $79
Overdyed stitching and matte black buttons sync up with the deep navy color of the denim.

00008f.jpg

Gap, 1969 skinny fit, $88
That white edge on the seam of the upturned cuffs? A telltale sign of quality selvage.

00009f.jpg

Polo Ralph Lauren, warren, $95
A grainier denim (lots of white thread coming through) with a soft but still rugged feel.

00010f.jpg

Marc by Marc Jacobs, straight cut, $78
White contrast stitching (as opposed to the traditional orange or yellow) gives these a modern vibe.

Japanese denim is great stuff

and as far as you guys talking about length of pants/jeans, you do realize everyone has different proportions. two people can be the same height and havedifferent lengths. add that to what I said about the width of the bottoms too.

and as far as you guys talking about length of pants/jeans, you do realize everyone has different proportions. two people can be the same height and have different lengths. add that to what I said about the width of the bottoms too.

That's true. I think I spent about an hour or two trying jeans on yesterday between Macys and H&M.
In the end though, I found great fitting jeans for a great price.

and as far as you guys talking about length of pants/jeans, you do realize everyone has different proportions. two people can be the same height and have different lengths. add that to what I said about the width of the bottoms too.
i know, but in general levis have been inconsistent with their lengths recently. ive had to hem 3 pairs of length 30 levis because they wereactually 32 according to my tailor. thats most likely why a length 30 fits RFX better because hes taller than i am

With the summer starting to wind down, can anyone post some nice peacoats? I'm looking for something I can wear both to work and out casually.

From what I've heard, the new Gap denim is supposed to be great.

Uniqlo is always Uniqlo. Good quality for its price.

Back
Top Bottom