Dressing better

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

Alexander McQueen $2.150

alexmcq.jpg

Removable fur?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nicepick-ups, versatile bunch.
I think I might need to get myself another pair of DB's.
If I could only find the blue suede in-store...
FYI any Clarks store can phone order for you, no shipping charge either. That's what I did with my black pair since the local storedidn't carry it.

Originally Posted by wj4

Originally Posted by RFX45

Nicepick-ups, versatile bunch.
I think I might need to get myself another pair of DB's.
If I could only find the blue suede in-store...
FYI any Clarks store can phone order for you, no shipping charge either. That's what I did with my black pair since the local store didn't carry it.

I want to see it in person first though, I suppose I could order and return them if I don't like it, I just have to withstand the look the cashier willgive me the "I order it for you and now you won't buy it" look.
laugh.gif

Last time I asked at the store though (about a year ago) they had no clue that the DB's came in another color other than black suede, brown suede andbeeswax.
Maybe I'll have more luck this time.

The only blue DB's they had at the Glendale one was the textile material..and it had a special flag or some sort of symbol on the side as well.

The 2nd tie bar came in today, this one is all silver...the other has a carbon fiber face. Also picked up the shirt that I dropped off at the tailor. I wasjust curious to see how this would do with my navy/yellow knitted tie...I don't think I like it too much.
9sb2wl.jpg

WJ4, I think it works if worn with some light colored pants.
Tie bar has to go though, doesn't go too well with that particular knit tie.
What did you get done on the shirt? Shortened? Tapered the torso?

As for the DB's, yeah, I need the like this navy suede or gray suede.
Sorry for the big pic.
navysuede1.jpg

greysuede1.jpg

Or even this loden suede, greenish steel/grey.
loden1.jpg

What did you get done on the shirt? Shortened? Tapered the torso?
Like with all the other dress shirts, I had the width taken in. I got the shirt for free from J. Crew so I didn't mind springing for the $15altering fee.
laugh.gif
I'm done for real this time though! Until next year or something.

Originally Posted by wj4

The only blue DB's they had at the Glendale one was the textile material..and it had a special flag or some sort of symbol on the side as well.

The 2nd tie bar came in today, this one is all silver...the other has a carbon fiber face. Also picked up the shirt that I dropped off at the tailor. I was just curious to see how this would do with my navy/yellow knitted tie...I don't think I like it too much.
9sb2wl.jpg
Info on the tie? It looks mad nice, but you should've tied it with a dimple in between. Also, why did you wear the tie bar? Isn't this onefor more casual wear?

I came upon this thread on another forum randomly via Google..it's like WDYWT thread here. An entertaining browse for those who are bored. (Most membersseem to be a lot older than us though.
laugh.gif
)

http://forums.filmnoirbuff.com/viewtopic.php?id=3361

Frank-the tie was bought at a J. Crew outlet for $30 in the early part of summer. I like to wear a tie bar on all of my dress shirts because I don't likethe tie dangling around when walking. In particular, this tie doesn't have a loop behind it that is normally on other ties so you can't tuck the'inner stripe' in so it dangles and moves even more.
laugh.gif

After I find that one perfect brown leather jacket, then I'll be done for sure... maybe...
biggrin.gif

I did just placed a big order, but not for this thread though, and my birthday is coming up so it is hard to say...

We need a no spending support group on NT.
laugh.gif

^ Prob can't. And how hard do you think it would be to take in shirts on your own? I can do it to my jeans, but I do it a cheesy way. No one can tellthough. But my shoulders are big, I would like my shirts to be a little tighter around the waist.

Depends on what you need adjusted, like you mentioned the shoulders are big, that will most likely take a professional to fix.
As for the torso, depends how much you need it to be taken in by, but even then I suggest a tailor do it for you instead or else you'd messed it up.
You most likely will need a sewing machine as well.

The Sperry sale hit while i was at work..
mad.gif
mad.gif
ohwell.gif
I see at least 4 that wouldve been copped easily..

When i got the email notification on my iphone at like 12:04 from GILT I was so pissed.
tired.gif

WJ4, what brand tie bar is that? I just got a J. Crew sterling silver tie bar and it is too big for my slim knit tie, also from J. Crew. (the tie bar sticksout a little from the other end.)

Originally Posted by airboy23

WJ4, what brand tie bar is that? I just got a J. Crew sterling silver tie bar and it is too big for my slim knit tie, also from J. Crew. (the tie bar sticks out a little from the other end.)
Kenneth Cole. It's a skinny tie bar. Around $35 on their website.

i need a shoe for the fall thats both casual and formal. any suggestions? if it helps, i mainly rock boat shoes and desert boots. ive been told desert bootsarent good for rainy days so im looking for an alternatative.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

i need a shoe for the fall thats both casual and formal. any suggestions? if it helps, i mainly rock boat shoes and desert boots. ive been told desert boots arent good for rainy days so im looking for an alternatative.

Get yourself some brown bucks/oxfords, very versatile. Can be worn with shorts, jeans, chinos and even slacks or suit.
cage_b10.jpg

Paladium boots are cool and great for the price. I would consider it if it rained more in SoCal or hiked a lot. I would get the one without the fold out orextra long tongue though, only $55.

Back
Top Bottom