Dressing better

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Hey, I've got that oxford and tie from Uniqlo. My first day wearing it, I got tons of compliments.
I envy you NYC dudes with Uniqlo. I just wanna check it out one time.
laugh.gif

Yeah man, you def get a lot of compliments if done right...usually from the older crowd too. But the hindsight is that a lot of dudes will probably laughbehind your back for being 'metro' or whatever..you just gotta keep your chest up and ignore them.

Originally Posted by wj4

Hey, I've got that oxford and tie from Uniqlo. My first day wearing it, I got tons of compliments.
I envy you NYC dudes with Uniqlo. I just wanna check it out one time.
laugh.gif

Yeah man, you def get a lot of compliments if done right...usually from the older crowd too. But the hindsight is that a lot of dudes will probably laugh behind your back for being 'metro' or whatever..you just gotta keep your chest up and ignore them.
I was wearing my Nudies (Bootcut Barry) and they're still in the breaking in phase. I hopped out the whip, got to my building door and heardthese local clowns laughing. One dude who's sorta cool with me says "Bruva, them pants is tight. You coming from work? igh, igh.."

grin.gif

My coworkers say I dress up for work when in reality I can't put together business or business casual attire without trying to look my best. I'm notgonna half @!# anything because everyone else does.

^I know what you mean, man. Once in an elevator, a girl and a dude came in the same time as I did. The girl looked at me and said 'how cool, your belt isthe same shade of brown as your boots...way to go'. The dude immediately said something along the line of 'you're going for the cowboy look,dude?' I didn't even mind...I just said that I'm not cool enough to pull hot girls wearing baggy jeans and skating shoes like you.

IMO it takes a lot of self confidence to wear some of these outfits because you do stand out from the crowd. I know for sure I would make fun of how I dressnow back in high school. It was a gradual process foe me.
laugh.gif
Went from 3xl shirts and such to xl and down to eventually clothes that fit. I look back at somepix from high school and see myself in a 3xl shirt with jeans down to my knees, thinking 'what the hell was I thinking'.

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Fashion night out was a success in NYC last night
was'nt really trying to go out but I heard about all the beautiful people that were out and all the free drinks so I made my way straight from my new job

anyway what I rocked
4twspt.png
Damn, why does it look like it's daytime on the top right side in the pic, but looks like night on the other areas?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by habib77fm

winter is just around the corner and its time to start layering!!!
thats nice for you, i still gotta wait 2 more months prolly even longer.

the South ftl
tired.gif

In the end, it's just a natural progression. Your look becomes more refined, and you wear what is comfortable and compliments your build.

In the end, it's just a natural progression. Your look becomes more refined, and you wear what is comfortable and compliments your build.
Truth. To add to this, I think that the evolution of your dress reflects the evolution of your mind. As you become more wise and knowledgeable,your look refines. And of course, another factor intertwined with this progression is sporadic periods of unique expressions of creativity.

Pretty interesting way of thinking about it.

Truth. To add to this, I think that the evolution of your dress reflects the evolution of your mind. As you become more wise and knowledgeable, your look refines. And of course, another factor intertwined with this progression is sporadic periods of unique expressions of creativity.
Im sorry but I think this is what I like to say is sounds good talk. Just cause you wearing some fitting clothes don't have nothing to withyour mind. I don't wear super baggy stuff but I just don't agree with your statement.

^ Yeah, I can see what you're saying. I guess my statement is only applicable to some people (myself for sure) - but not everyone.

^^ I agree somewhat but I think dudes switch up their dressing style more for the chicks than any mind changing. When you younger the baggy stuff was workingnow when your getting older most chicks going for that more "mature" look. Its nothing wrong with it but thats more how I see it that most do it forgirls (okay and jobs too) in some way shape or form. Agree/Disagree

"Dressing better" is not for everyone. There are a lot of people out there who only dress like this when they go to work and are in whatever clotheswhen at home and such. It's just a niche that you acquire for, like a hobby. I think a lot of us are into it on the board because we've always beeninto fashion...be it buying Jordans and such, just a different kind of style.

My step dad stays wearing raggedy clothes at home, my mom gotta buy new stuff for him because he'll keep wearing the same old worn and torn stuff over andover again. Same thing with a friend, his wife has to buy stuff for him because he refuses to spend money on clothes he doesn't 'need'. They onlywear dress shirts and ties and such when going to work.

^^ Yeah I can roll with that cause I know alot a few people that fit into that I get dressed when I have to catagory.

edit: Wj you might do that but lets be honest most dudes (esp younger ones) are putting a chick before alot of stuff and I also know a few dudes that willswitch from this dressing better style to trash bags if the ladies feeling it. I'm pretty sure we all know people like this.

Originally Posted by Peteweezy

^^ I agree somewhat but I think dudes switch up their dressing style more for the chicks than any mind changing. When you younger the baggy stuff was working now when your getting older most chicks going for that more "mature" look. Its nothing wrong with it but thats more how I see it that most do it for girls (okay and jobs too) in some way shape or form. Agree/Disagree
You gotta do it for yourself, man. Getting compliments from girls is just a benefit. It's like being in a better physique...you gotta do itfor yourself, having chicks stare is such an incentive. If you don't do it for yourself, the dedication to continue will not last, I guarantee it.

I don't even care about pulling chicks right now, to tell you the truth. I turned down a date last night because she wanted to go out too late and I wasused to sleeping at around 11PM and hitting the gym in the early morning. I put myself before any broads. I'm just on super focus mode to grind out thelast 1.5 years of my educational career so I can make a good living when I'm done.

^Oh yeah, man. I didn't really get into this mind state until the last year or so. Prior to that, I used be fall under that category...wearing dress shoesand dress shirt for the 'grown and sexy' look.
laugh.gif
My dudes and I would be out every weekend.

Just got that Guccii-esque Brooks Brothers cardigan in the mail--it fits pretty decently in body width, length, sleeve length, shoulders... but the arms couldbe slimmer. I was considering just getting it wet and tossing it in the dryer to see if it will shrink up a bit, but am concerned because it's merino wool.Does anybody know if it would survive the dryer cycle or not?

^^ I agree somewhat but I think dudes switch up their dressing style more for the chicks than any mind changing. When you younger the baggy stuff was working now when your getting older most chicks going for that more "mature" look. Its nothing wrong with it but thats more how I see it that most do it for girls (okay and jobs too) in some way shape or form. Agree/Disagree

You're definitely right - a lot of guys dress for this purpose. But even this is a reflection of your own evolution (what type of girls you want to go after, their maturity, etc.).

Man, I could be rewording this stuff way better.

Interesting conversation though. Makes you think.

Two thumbs up on this thread/convo.

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

Originally Posted by brrraptors

Originally Posted by lilpro4u

I need these shades.. Too ill.
noir-basic-2010-spring-summer-lookbook-3.jpg
someone correct me if im wrong but those shades look like the Persol 0649 model

Good find.. Now I just need to find a website with discounted prices..
laugh.gif

Are these the same pair above?
persol-0649-sunglasses-24-57.jpg

persol-0649-sunglasses-95-58.jpg

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
should post this in the "celebrities with heat" thread so the beasts could hop on..
jay-z4.jpg
I have had these for a little over a year now.. I love them I got a great price on them online because of a price error plus a promo code.

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

Just got that Guccii-esque Brooks Brothers cardigan in the mail--it fits pretty decently in body width, length, sleeve length, shoulders... but the arms could be slimmer. I was considering just getting it wet and tossing it in the dryer to see if it will shrink up a bit, but am concerned because it's merino wool. Does anybody know if it would survive the dryer cycle or not?

Any fit pics? I like the cardigan but if the small still fits huge, I might just get a size large from the boys section as they have the same cardigan.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

I envy you for being able to go to Fashions Night Out.
there needs to be one in the south
anyone know where I can find a vest exactly like this but under 100
erez

Try Gap they have a one in a slightly lighter shade blue for 69.50

Originally Posted by Apple Windows

I need help finding some slim dress pants or slacks. Also, on the size to wear them?
I tried on a pair of my dads pants in a size 32, it fit me, it wrapped around, right under my belly button. Then I tried on a pair size 34, and those pants sat on top of my hips. I'm wondering, which size should i purchase when I go buy my own pair of pants? How high or where should they be worn? I'm not all too good at this dressy stuff
ohwell.gif

How do you guys feel about Khaki colored cords? In terms of looks?

I remember when my uncle asked me this question when I was about 16 or so, " I bet you when you get older you won't dress baggy anymore & wearmore fitted clothes" I was like nah. Just recently about 2007 I started to wear clothes that fit me, I don't know how or why but one day I looked inthe mirrior and saw some pictures and was like damn you look like an idiot. I used to wear 7x t shirts & thought size 4x was too small, when I would shopfor jeans I would get the biggest size they had. I understood now why most girls I liked didnt really saw me in that way, because of my tees to pass the knees& jean shorts to my ankles
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom