Dressing better

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

*raises hand.

Got a new pair last year, and one the year before.

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I bought a pair this summer... patiently waiting for fall to kick in so I can wear them.

How's the quality..... especially the outsole at the heel if you have the GT (Beckman now)?

The quality is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I don't know how the sole will hold up so much, I haven't worn them like I said, but they feel and look like they'll last. Extremely comfortabletoo.

Originally Posted by RFX45

Most people just adds stuff to their cart for the hell of it or to think it over, chances are, within the next 10-20 minutes, the items will be available again so if you really want the item, I'd keep checking for 30 minutes and keep trying to add until the item actually says "sold out."

JKissi, I saw you post at SF, great clothes and fit is impeccable as usual.
Saw the pieces from the BoO show, I wish I could have gone, you are one lucky man.
Other than Uniqlo, that is one advantage NYers have, the damn fashion district is in there as well, leaving as West Coasters longing.
Between you and thinkinFRESH, Uniqlo is looking real great, I just wished I didn't miss out on those grey suits by Jil Sander.
Did you get a chance to check out that collection?
Are you talking about this one?

tweed2.jpg

The jacket in the above pic sold out in less than a week, but they still have the trousers in a FSR. They also had another type of herringbone gray suitjacket/trousers a week later but it didn't look as appealing as the first one.

RFX - I pm'd you

I really feel like a woman saying this, but can somebody build an outfit around this?

laugh.gif
I know...I know
smh.gif
frown.gif

I just started buying more upscale clothing and am trying to get used to it...but it takes time, and there's a HUGE goin awayparty for my friend anddresscode is classy...so I wanna wear these shoes and something nice with it. Don't need a blazer, don't wanna wear jeans.

I'd like maybe some slim fit pants and a dress shirt..what color belt ? etc

come on guys, if not INS
indifferent.gif

newdandyism-mens-authentic-original-barrel-lace-by-jeffreys1.jpg

Well boat shoes really are more of a summer time shoe, as we move on into the year you're gonna wanna start putting them away.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Originally Posted by DiPlOmAt TDOt

*raises hand.

Got a new pair last year, and one the year before.
bought the irish setter boots....theyre really nice....im starting to wear them now so they can be broken in for these colder months....

Originally Posted by ArsnalJ23

I bought a pair this summer... patiently waiting for fall to kick in so I can wear them.

How's the quality..... especially the outsole at the heel if you have the GT (Beckman now)?

RFX or anyone else:

could you post some nice, affordable black lace-ups? i'm looking for something that i can wear with dark jeans and a sweater or with some casual slacks orkhakis. thanks a lot!

i need to put away the canvas sneakers and boat shoes as fall/winter is approaching.

^^^
I saw that cardigan and it has a really "old man" feeling. It might be the material plus design but it gives a somewhat of a grandpa vibe to me.

Originally Posted by jmal519

RFX or anyone else: could you post some nice, affordable black lace-ups? i'm looking for something that i can wear with dark jeans and a sweater or with some casual slacks or khakis. thanks a lot! i need to put away the canvas sneakers and boat shoes as fall/winter is approaching.

Affordable differs from everyone, could you give a more accurate price range?

^

Oh, yeah I notice it has that vibe its just funny to me that a lot of targets have that sold out. No luck on a Grey or Navy cardigan boss, maybe I should justskip the cardigan?

Any help on shirt and tie?

Originally Posted by thinkinFRESH

Fashion night out was a success in NYC last night
was'nt really trying to go out but I heard about all the beautiful people that were out and all the free drinks so I made my way straight from my new job

anyway what I rocked
4twspt.png
I have a lot of catching up to do in this thread, but nice

Originally Posted by eeibaby

^

Oh, yeah I notice it has that vibe its just funny to me that a lot of targets have that sold out. No luck on a Grey or Navy cardigan boss, maybe I should just skip the cardigan?

Any help on shirt and tie?

I did find this picture of a similar cardigan and it doesn't look as "old" in the pic.
f05d9c41-ae98-b6b7-8e2e-648ef786eb3a-hgg07_fb_cardiganSweater.jpg

You can also get a grey sweater, it should be easier to find.
A nice grey v-neck sweater with a white shirt and navy tie will look great.
$20 V-Neck sweaters at GAP in various colors: http://www.gap.com/browse...id=5180&vid=1&pid=461334 .
gp461334-20p01v01.jpg

Old Navy also has some for $25: http://oldnavy.gap.com/br...d=43646&vid=1&pid=675446 .
on675446-03p01v01.jpg

Good samples:
PRLneck+grey.jpg
PRLneck+blue.jpg
pPOLO2-5565319_lifestyle_t208.jpg
pPOLO2-5572863_lifestyle_t208.jpg

pPOLO2-6431134_standard_v330.jpg
pPOLO2-6431149_standard_v330.jpg
pPOLO2-6431119_standard_v330.jpg

On another hand, I really like this double breasted cardigan from BR.
br671581-00vliv01.jpg

^

I almost forgot about those pullover ones,
laugh.gif

But what do you feel I should do? Should I try to grab the cardigan Houndstooth or just go for the pullover?

Thanks

Originally Posted by jmal519

RFX or anyone else: could you post some nice, affordable black lace-ups? i'm looking for something that i can wear with dark jeans and a sweater or with some casual slacks or khakis. thanks a lot! i need to put away the canvas sneakers and boat shoes as fall/winter is approaching.

Affordable differs from everyone, could you give a more accurate price range?

well, like a lot of us here, i'm a student. so, i'm looking for something under $100, maybe under $150

also, any suggestions on a shirt/tie combo to go with grey pants? i have a wedding coming up and don't have a suit to wear. i'm trying to not be soplain (ie. white shirt/black tie). maybe go with a pattern on the shirt OR tie. the last wedding i was at, i went with a white/royal gingham shirt with a navyknit-tie and silver tie bar.

eeibaby, you said you can't find the Merona cardigan at Target so throw that out of the window.
Here's what I would do.
Option A: If I could spend $50-$70 on a cardigan from Banana Republic or Express (they usually have plenty of sales and it is worth checking the sales rack) Iwould go with that.
Option B: If you don't want to spend $50-$70 on a cardigan, go with the cheaper alternative of a v-neck sweater.

Then get yourself some white shirt and navy tie.
laugh.gif
I'm not sure how many times I've said that.

jmal519, I 'll say the same thing, white shirt and navy tie is so versatile it should be a mans staple.
As for shoes, get yourself some oxfords, preferably brown. Again, a mans staple.
Checkout Nordstrom Rack and look for Allen Edmonds, Cole Haan, Johnston & Murphy, To Boot New York, etc...
You should be able to find a pair in your budget.
J&M is a decent shoe for the price, better on sale.
I like this Moc Toe from J&M for $140.
1_66431_FS.JPG

Also, check out DSW if possible and browse around Endless.com for some good deals.

^

laugh.gif
I found a target that carries the Grey version

I think everytime you answered my questions you always said white shirt & navy tie
laugh.gif

You've been a big help my dude

Back
Top Bottom