Dressing better

dang, that's terrible news from the ASOS homefront
smh.gif

that site looked great too
frown.gif

^If you're talking about the duties and taxes, I was only pertaining to Canada.

I believe the US customs allow up to $200 USD exemption per shipment.

I need to make a trip to the mall tomorrow, just got a job offer and need to re-up on my work clothes. Haven't really had the money to buy anything new from my internship (broke college student =/) All I had from the summer was a rotation of different colored dockers, and I'm getting sick of them. Too baggy on me.

What are some stores you guys would recommend? From what I remember in that mall they have a gap/BR/HM which I'm sure all I will check out. I'm looking for a more fitting dress pant, just not too slim as my waist/thunder thighs won't look right/feel comfortable.

Definitely check out H&M, it's the slimmest (and probably the cheapest) of all the mall brand stores.
When I was there last week, they also had a plethora of dress pants to choose from.
This will depend on how big the store is and how big the mens section but it is worth a look.

How does ASOS fit? I usually wear a Large in American branded dress clothing (Polo, banana republic, etc). should i stick w/ that ?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Definitely check out H&M, it's the slimmest (and probably the cheapest) of all the mall brand stores.
When I was there last week, they also had a plethora of dress pants to choose from.
This will depend on how big the store is and how big the mens section but it is worth a look.
Their shirts I like, I'm just afraid their pants will be too slim for me.  Besides the mall don't have much of a choice on such short notice.  Just got the call this morning that I start Monday.

Also how is the process on altering/tapering a shirt?  A few of my shirts are a big blousy and the sleeve length can probably be an inch shorter.  What's the average range in price on having both of that done on a shirt?

Originally Posted by YuraS718

Their shirts I like, I'm just afraid their pants will be too slim for me.  Besides the mall don't have much of a choice on such short notice.  Just got the call this morning that I start Monday.

Also how is the process on altering/tapering a shirt?  A few of my shirts are a big blousy and the sleeve length can probably be an inch shorter.  What's the average range in price on having both of that done on a shirt?

H&M also offers non-slim pants though, usually it's in their HM line. There are somewhat of a division in the H&M in my area, theres the slimmer section and then theres the regular fit section.
As for alterations, tapering shirts could coast $12-$20 each and sleeves can range from $10-$17 but it all really depends on your tailor. So you'd be paying $25-$35 per shirt, not sure if that is worth it to you though. You can probably just get it tapered for now since it's such a short notice but once you get your paycheck and then bring them back. An extra inch in the sleeves aren't too noticeable so i'd worry about that last. 

Originally Posted by YuraS718

H&M also offers non-slim pants though, usually it's in their HM line. There are somewhat of a division in the H&M in my area, theres the slimmer section and then theres the regular fit section.
As for alterations, tapering shirts could coast $12-$20 each and sleeves can range from $10-$17 but it all really depends on your tailor. So you'd be paying $25-$35 per shirt, not sure if that is worth it to you though. You can probably just get it tapered for now since it's such a short notice but once you get your paycheck and then bring them back. An extra inch in the sleeves aren't too noticeable so i'd worry about that last. 
Alright I appreciate it.  I didn't know H&M had non-slim pants, I just always thought all their pants were slim.

On my tailor I'll probably just bring 1 or 2 things to him first to see how he is.  I haven't had much done from this guy so I'm not sure how he's altering is.  Another guy I went to did some half %%* job on a pair of jeans. I don't know !$! he did to my hem but I need to get them fixed. Now I'm just searching to see who I can trust around me.

Appreciate the response though ty.  The stuff I have now will get me through this week no problem.  As long as their not super strict and more business casual which I'm pretty sure they are, I'll be fine.(Same company I interned with in the summer, just in a different office/location.)

Is there ANY possible way to get a pair of black desert boots for under $60? I know they usally retail for $95 but Im sure they can be had for less. Anything in between $50-65 shipped online? Thanks!

^I'm waiting for the next F&F to cop some black DB's for cheap(er)

but if anyone has another source please do tell

Originally Posted by CJ003

How does ASOS fit? I usually wear a Large in American branded dress clothing (Polo, banana republic, etc). should i stick w/ that ?
anybody konw?

^ it would probably be more slim since it is a UK brand. if you look at their jeans, slim looks like skinny

Old Navy with some spring staples
CIMG0234.jpg
CIMG0235.jpg

Great blazer imo, trim fit, elbow patches & working buttons for $110 down from $500 at your local Macys
CIMG0239.jpg
CIMG0237.jpg

oh yea & notice I found my PoloRL O-ring belt for $38 down from $85 at Bloomingdales

Tommorrow morning I present you guys with a duel, got 2 suits tonight, Calvin Klein 3 button tradition vs Zara 2 button modern, got the followup interview with the VP on Wednesday, thank you Lord

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Also, i picked up a pair of those grey Tokis today. These are quite comfortable. Felt great to be buying nikes for under $80.
I'd like to pick up some Tokis as well, where did you buy them? I'm not sure if their available in Canada right now..?

Originally Posted by retroflashbacks

Isn't it just a regular grey hoody?

Probably be able to find it at American Apparel.

I duno, I think it looks thinner and different from a regular hoody, gonna check out AA next time I'm in the neighborhood

yura - did you intern at a marketing company? Digital/online marketing by any chance? I'm currently interning at one and the people come in with jeans and t-shirts when the CEO clearly laid out a business casual dress code.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Also, i picked up a pair of those grey Tokis today. These are quite comfortable. Felt great to be buying nikes for under $80.

true to size?

Originally Posted by CJ003

Nordstroms has the Bed Stu 'Stentorian' Oxford for 68.00, i like the look of them. does anyone know how the quality is, and can these be worn w/ a nice pair of jeans?

http://shop.nordstrom.com...rchtype=&pbo=6022881&P=1

That shoe is definitely a very casual shoe, I think the combination of the laces and two segmented material makes it real casual.
It should be perfect with jeans, as for quality, at $68 retail, it should be ok. If it lasts a year or so of solid wearing, the $68 should be worth it.
_6048480.jpg

Back
Top Bottom