Dressing better

Where's the best place to find black and white long sleeve Gingham shirts? I remember Gap used to have some but now they only have blue.

Originally Posted by omgitswes

J Crew has some. probably on sale now too

I gave them a look online and I only found blue and red. I'm gonna head to the mall tomorrow and see what I find.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

Originally Posted by dukeben18

Nii, Naacho or anyone else that has more businessy attire:

Where can i find a resonable dress shirt without pleats? I have all my shirts taken in or darted since I am slim and the pleats are kind of an oxy moron. Either the box pleats bunches up after the shirt is taken in or the side pleats stick out.

Thanks in advance.

I am confused at your question. You want slim fitting shirts without darts? Or slim fitting shirts without the boxed pleats at the back of the shoulders?

I want a slim fitting shirt without boxed or side pleats. It seems rediculous to have a pleated shirts and then have darts in them to take out the xtra fabric. Isn't the entire point of the pleats to give xtra room?

I'm thinking about getting this suit from Banana Republic. What do you guys think about it? For some reason, I feel as though the buttons are a little too close together...

2i1zcc5.jpg

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by akuratl02

RFX ... How much are the BB extra slim fit shirts running for ??? 
They have a 3 for $199 deal going on right now and then I signed up for some corporate discount so I can get the extra 15% off. Not bad since the shirts are made well and fits nice.
Thanks ... Good investment .. I'll go check them out, there's one right by the WTC .. See how long this deal last.

Edit:::: By the way ... Does anybody know how Earnst Sewn Denim fits ??  The quality?      

Originally Posted by TypeRPinoY

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

SURVEY: Which one would you invest in?
Barbour or Ralph Lauren
or

This jacket is nuts, pic & cornball does no justice, Polo $1500

the suede polo is so sick in person. the $1500 price tag is ridic tho
I'd go with Ralph Lauren
RL has the best quilted pattern across all designers.  It's on all of my recent purchases for Fall.

Originally Posted by AC4Three

I'm thinking about getting this suit from Banana Republic. What do you guys think about it? For some reason, I feel as though the buttons are a little too close together...

2i1zcc5.jpg
If it looks that shapeless and boring on the model, it'll probably look terrible on an actual person. Have you tried it on? How much are you planning to spend on it?

I can't imagine that this is the most bang you'd get for your buck. I think that's always true fro Banana Republic. Always better options.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

2i1zcc5.jpg
If it looks that shapeless and boring on the model, it'll probably look terrible on an actual person. Have you tried it on? How much are you planning to spend on it?

I can't imagine that this is the most bang you'd get for your buck. I think that's always true fro Banana Republic. Always better options.
correct, id much rather invest in a Jcrew suit.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

2i1zcc5.jpg

correct, id much rather invest in a Jcrew suit.
pimp.gif
The problem is that I live in Canada so there aren't as many options (such as J. Crew). I would obviously have it tailored if I bought it, but I am a little thrown off by the buttons.

I think you are better off going to the department store equivalent of Macys in Canada, I am not sure what that is but that would be the best first stop for you. A lot of brands are coming out with "slim fit" suits now, from CK to DKNY, from Kenneth Cole to Hugo Boss.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I think you are better off going to the department store equivalent of Macys in Canada, I am not sure what that is but that would be the best first stop for you. A lot of brands are coming out with "slim fit" suits now, from CK to DKNY, from Kenneth Cole to Hugo Boss.
Okay thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll look around a bit more before I make a decision.

I haven't actually tried it on, but it looked pretty nice in the store. I have coupons for 40% off so I'd be spending about $350 CAN.

Jesus Christ, those Band of Outsiders are gorgeous.

Steez, those J. Crew jeans are hands down one of my favorite purchases this year. I wear them more than my A.P.Cs almost.

I've been getting GILT credits like crazy lately.. $125 in the past month.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Nothin on there I want to buy tho.

Need Help

I went to Topman to get a blazer but I'm in between a 34 and 36 Slimfit
With the 34 it fits perfect but when I close the top bottom it makes a weird crease whereas the 36 there is no crease when buttoned but it is big on the chest and stomach. A little loose on the arms as well. From a tailoring point of view what would be the better buy? Buying the 36 and having it slimmed down everywhere (even cutting down the length) or buying the 34 and moving the button over a bit?

Here's the link
http://us.topman.com/weba...Id=1065582&langId=-1

As minimal as a change as possible, so 34 and have a good tailor work their magic will be your best bet. No sense of spending all that money anyways fixing the 36...

Back
Top Bottom