Dressing better

Generaiya actually wants to know...

What button-down brands are good to invest in?

Steven Alan? Hamilton? Thomas Mason? Brooks Brothers?

Generaiya is trying to spend money more wisely this year when it comes to the wardrobe and would like to know good brands for white and blue oxfords.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

I'm partial to Brooks Brothers Slim Fit dress shirts

+ 1 for the BB ... but extra slim for me. interestingly it works great. thats what i have on today Scott Frost.

Originally Posted by niidawg3

+ 1 for the BB ... but extra slim for me. interestingly it works great. thats what i have on today Scott Frost.
Im not taking shots here, but youre not "extra slim" from the pics ive seen. Is there something odd about the sizing of Brooks Brothers shirts i should know. 
Im not "extra slim" either, so im wondering if that fit of shirt would work well for me. (im 6'2 215 with really broad shoulders and an athletic build)

Appreciate the info Nii.

206, I am in somewhat the same boat as you so I went to the store and tried on the slim fit and it looks/feels good. I havent tried extra slim as of yet but might go this weekend to take a look.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Im not taking shots here, but youre not "extra slim" from the pics ive seen. Is there something odd about the sizing of Brooks Brothers shirts i should know. 
Im not "extra slim" either, so im wondering if that fit of shirt would work well for me. (im 6'2 215 with really broad shoulders and an athletic build)
their extra slim isnt extra slim at all. its just slim compared to their mammoth sized regular fit shirts. if you have an athletic build, you would definitely need to get the shirt tailored at the waist.

Originally Posted by In Yo Nostril

their extra slim isnt extra slim at all. its just slim compared to their mammoth sized regular fit shirts. if you have an athletic build, you would definitely need to get the shirt tailored at the waist.
Youre not kidding about the mammoth sizing for BB.  I was in a wedding last year and the groom asked my measurements and bought the shirt for me and it fit like a sheet (even though it was the right size). 
My closest BB store is about 45 minutes away, im thinking ill just stop in next time im in the area, to try on the slim fit. Thanks for the heads up guys.

laugh.gif
@ fit like a sheet

I heard BB shirts were big too.

Youre not kidding about the mammoth sizing for BB.  I was in a wedding last year and the groom asked my measurements and bought the shirt for me and it fit like a sheet (even though it was the right size). 
My closest BB store is about 45 minutes away, im thinking ill just stop in next time im in the area, to try on the slim fit. Thanks for the heads up guys.

ha - no worries 206. there are many people out there now who give advice even though they havent lived it.

trust me ... 99% of what i say i've experienced. i wont give advice when i havent touched, felt and dealt with the item in question.

BB Extra Slim will fit you like your regular slim fits.  

tm lewin is having a big sale right now.

a bunch of $32 shirts + additional 10% off with the code SORRY

their slim fit shirts fit like bb's extra slim fit shirts

Hey guys can I get help with my school uniform.I can wear a black,white or grey polo with black or grey pants and I'm struggling with my outfit.Any suggestions for footwear and just some nice pieces I can add.

niidawg3 wrote:

Scott Frost wrote:

I'm 6'1 215 with big arms and big shoulders and I find that the BB extra slim fits are too tight around my shoulders and arms however the waist and length is on point.  

anywhere besided gilt to find florshiem by duckie brown at a discounted price?

also what kind of soles are used on vanishing elephant oxfords. they remind me of opening ceremony's soles on their desert boots and oxfords.

Originally Posted by RufioRufioRufio

anywhere besided gilt to find florshiem by duckie brown at a discounted price?

also what kind of soles are used on vanishing elephant oxfords. they remind me of opening ceremony's soles on their desert boots and oxfords.

Zappos.com sells Duckie Brown

my fault for the late response but they're called Sebago Beacon Chukka Boots.

if you go on the urban outfitters site, they have a couple sizes on sale.. just type it in the search box.

my vanishing elephant shipment came in today. very pleased with all three pairs. i will take pictures soon and post. i'm far too busy with school this week.

ha - no worries 206. there are many people out there now who give advice even though they havent lived it.

trust me ... 99% of what i say i've experienced. i wont give advice when i havent touched, felt and dealt with the item in question.

BB Extra Slim will fit you like your regular slim fits.  
has anyone had experience with the sizing/fit of the BB Extra Slim Fit Sport Shirts?...I wear a 17 35 in the BB Extra Slim Fit dress shirt...should I go with a Large or X-Large?...looking to cop for buisness casual/casual wear...thanks!

Originally Posted by BIRDDGANG

Originally Posted by SkunkInDunks

What do you guys think Alexander Wang's new men's line? Disregarding the high retail prices I really like a lot of the cuts and designs.
Why pay a million dollars to look poor?
yeah, they look kind of like stuff homeless or people from the matrix would wear (the reality part of the matrix where everyone looks like hobos).  the fits look way too baggy and the colors are very bland.
skunkin, you seem to be the only one who is into runway looks.

Originally Posted by flyscience

my fault for the late response but they're called Sebago Beacon Chukka Boots.

if you go on the urban outfitters site, they have a couple sizes on sale.. just type it in the search box.

Are the ones on the site the same color as yours?
I'm feeling the darker color, the one on the site is much lighter it looks.

Back
Top Bottom