Dressing better

ksteez, or anyone else into boots...
im buying for next fall, seavees specifically, for the store, wondering what your guy's take is on dock boots next winter? will the style/trend hold up? should i stick with the typical chukka/clark type? do you guys recommend i stay conservative, 3 eyelet, or go ahead with 5 eyelet?
let me know your guys' thoughts!

Originally Posted by damn its me

ksteez, or anyone else into boots...
im buying for next fall, seavees specifically, for the store, wondering what your guy's take is on dock boots next winter? will the style/trend hold up? should i stick with the typical chukka/clark type? do you guys recommend i stay conservative, 3 eyelet, or go ahead with 5 eyelet?
let me know your guys' thoughts!
as a business, don't you guys have a basic sales plan?  you should be able to see what checks and what doesn't for your store with sales from previous seasons.  the store you work for sounds like you guys are shooting from the hip then setting goals for yourselves, especially w/your previous post about not receiving foot traffic.
i'm assuming this is your first time as a buyer?

Originally Posted by damn its me

Jacks Webstore
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ok, so I applied to a job working at a cashier at a clothing store and they sent me an email about a group interview.
Info on what to wear to the interview? Never been to a job interview before so I'm new to this. When I asked for the application, the dude that gave me the paper said not to overdress for the group interview.
Obviously I'm not going in a tee and jeans, but would something like a gray oxford and black jeans be enough? And what shoes to wear with that?

Left: Ralph Lauren (purchased from the Outlet): $19.99

Right: Ben Sherman (purchased from Marshalls): $12.99

5500594117_112eea3597.jpg

Anyone have experience with getting your shoes shined? There's a shoe shine spot in the train station I get off at work and my AE penny loafers have started to look dull. They are burgundy, does that add any sort of risk (in terms of polish)?

Originally Posted by TJ Detweiler

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

so im 20 yo and i need to start frequenting this thread a little bit more

i don't know where to begin tho
laugh.gif

Where is that guide Nii made in his blog? 
I can't find it righ tnow.

That needs to be sigged or something. 

Here's Nii's Guide
http://adabraka-sartorial...ble-or-necessary-element

good looks guys
pimp.gif

its gonna be a long journey but i willing to change up the wardrobe for a better look.

Originally Posted by Dr LukeMartin

Originally Posted by Super Producer J

Anyone have experience with getting your shoes shined? There's a shoe shine spot in the train station I get off at work and my AE penny loafers have started to look dull. They are burgundy, does that add any sort of risk (in terms of polish)?
Train Station in NYC with the kmart in it has some nice shoe shiners. Thats where you should go.

That's 34th, I believe. I might check them out next time I'm down there.

Originally Posted by flyscience

Originally Posted by TheDudeMT

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

Originally Posted by flyscience

my fault for the late response but they're called Sebago Beacon Chukka Boots.

if you go on the urban outfitters site, they have a couple sizes on sale.. just type it in the search box.

Are the ones on the site the same color as yours?
I'm feeling the darker color, the one on the site is much lighter it looks.
Curious of this as well....
Those boots and color are crazy nice in that picture Fly posted...but like Snake said, on UO it looks lighter.
Looks like the lighting on their site kinda throws it off a bit but they're def the same ones. 

Here's a pic when I first got 'em out in daylight.. dont mind the sloppy laces
2mgjr77.jpg

Beautiful.
Thanks man! Will pull the trigger on these in the next couple days. 

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Business casual for an interview.

White shirt/black knit tie/black pants/black shoes

acceptable?
White shirt as in white oxford right? What kind of job is it? For most jobs, it should be acceptable.

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Business casual for an interview.

White shirt/black knit tie/black pants/black shoes

acceptable?
Although the tie is knit, that sounds WAY too formal.  I agree with the person that said throw some color in there, nothing too bold.

Originally Posted by Cronicmolemolereturns

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

Left: Ralph Lauren (purchased from the Outlet): $19.99

Right: Ben Sherman (purchased from Marshalls): $12.99

5500594117_112eea3597.jpg
return both
That glen plaid tie for $19.99 is a great pickup.  The other one I personally don't like, it looks cheap.

I got water on my Sand Desert Boots last night. Is it gonna dry out or should I apply something to it cause it has spots on it.

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Yup 10 piece, I mean it's not very local but is the closest to me, talk to Jared, dude is mad helpful.

steezy U have been PMed.... Do i need to size up or down on those things. U know I told u before I need that BOOT....
I also may Have smashed my Brown DBs last night while clubbin with my boys out here in WI..... Gonna have to use some of those old sneaker maitenance threads to get these things back right....

On the plus side this is only a 60 dollar shoe so I didn't have that same %%* feeling when I woke up this morning and saw my kicks were a lil scuffed..... I can't tell u guys how many times I have woken up looked at my sneakers and just shook my head on some Bruce Banner/ the hulk type *%+ 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Originally Posted by ksteezy

Yup 10 piece, I mean it's not very local but is the closest to me, talk to Jared, dude is mad helpful.

steezy U have been PMed.... Do i need to size up or down on those things. U know I told u before I need that BOOT....
I also may Have smashed my Brown DBs last night while clubbin with my boys out here in WI..... Gonna have to use some of those old sneaker maitenance threads to get these things back right....

On the plus side this is only a 60 dollar shoe so I didn't have that same %%* feeling when I woke up this morning and saw my kicks were a lil scuffed..... I can't tell u guys how many times I have woken up looked at my sneakers and just shook my head on some Bruce Banner/ the hulk type *%+ 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
lmao!...ill look at my inbox now bro, sometimes i have problems replying to PMs since im almost always typing from the iphone, anyhow, i know how you feel, thats why i try not to wear anything fancy on my feet to hit the club, or at least something durable, clubs are shoe killers!....so many times I've woken up and looked down and just facepalmed myself...that was in the past, not no moreeeee....lol...funny thing you mentioned DB's in the club bro, thats exactly what i wore yesterday. First time doing the DB's in the club, btw funny store...back before i picked up pointers from this thread i would always get *%+# from the doorman about something in my dresscode, dude yesterday we were online and the doorman actually pulled us out the line directly into the club because we were neatly dressed 
roll.gif
 ...THANKS NIIDAWG AND RFX!....lol
anywho this is what i wore, still trying to get this damn tie length correct, i alway seem to do it a bit too long and don't notice till afterwards...ughh

JCrew Ludlow Jacket

JCrew shirt

Jcrew Tie

Gap Skinny fit

JCrew MacCallister boots

5503465824_c8e06a6a44_b.jpg

I could never do the shoes with no socks thing, still a nice fit though I shop at JCrew constantly.

Back
Top Bottom