Eagles player LeSean McCoy tips 20 cents (less than 1/3 of a percent) at PYT Burger

Meh, I've left .01 before. Service was beyond trash. Instead of society jumping on people for not tipping well, how about they jumpnon restaurants for not paying well.

Tipping questions (haha) Some restaurants use ipads that you order from and someone just brings your food to you. Should they receive the normal 15-18% tip? Srs question.

The owner of a popular local restaurant is accusing LeSean McCoy of being “shady" with his gratuity. According to PYT owner Tommy Up, the star Eagles running back left a 20 cent tip during a visit to the popular burger joint.
Up says the ordeal began when McCoy and his friends arrived at the restaurant Monday afternoon.
Mayor Nutter to Sign Philly Bill Decriminalizing Pot
“He was there with his friends at the bar,” Up said. “We thought we were all cool. It was lunch time, we knew who they were and we gave him our A-game.”
After the group left, Up said the waiter who served McCoy came up to him with a confused look on his face.
“He said, ‘I just got left 20 cents,’” Up said. “I was like, ‘why?’ He was like, ‘I have no idea! I thought we were cool!’”
Introducing the Donut Cheesesteak Burger
Up took a look at the receipt and posted a photo of it on his Facebook page. The photo shows a $.20 tip on a $61.56 bill.
“I just thought it was pretty callous and insensitive,” Up said. “Twenty cents isn’t an industry standard.”
Rob Knelly, the waiter in question, told NBC10 that things were a bit tense between him and McCoy from the start.
“We asked if we could start them off for drinks but we didn’t really hear any response,” Knelly said. “So I got them to fill waters.”
With Vick Gone, Eagles Back on at Philly Bar
Knelly admits he made a mistake and missed their appetizer while serving them.
“That was my fault,” Knelly said. “We were pretty busy at that point.”
Knelly claims McCoy and his friends were unsure of what they wanted when he asked them for their orders.
“They had been at the table for ten minutes,” Knelly said. “They were very indecisive about what they wanted. So I finally got their order and got everything they wanted. When he ordered he was like, ‘yeah, I asked for that s***. In a restaurant you don’t talk to a server like that.”
After Knelly got their order, he claims they acted rude towards him.
“I got their food and they were saying, ‘I can’t eat this, how do you expect me to eat this? I need a bun now. I don’t eat mayonnaise.'"
After telling the bartender to give them drinks, Knelly says they continued to call for him.
“They didn’t know my name,” Knelly said. “They just said, ‘you’re my server right? They were being rude so after I gave them their food I didn’t go back to them until they were done. I just avoided their rudeness.”
Up has received a mixed response since posting the receipt on his Facebook page. While some sympathized with the waiter, others said that posting a photo of the tip was unprofessional on the part of PYT and questioned how good the service actually was, claiming that bad service deserves a low tip, if any at all.
NBC10 reached out to representatives with the Eagles and LeSean McCoy for comment. We have not yet heard back from them. Les Bowen, a sports reporter for the Philadelphia Daily News, claimed he spoke with McCoy about the tip.

Read more: http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...ft-a-20-Cent-Tip-274407851.html#ixzz3CmMnYosX
Follow us: @nbcphiladelphia on Twitter | nbcphiladelphia on Facebook

anywhere the owner defends posting tips online... I'll avoid.

don't even mind if the owner gets sued.

Last edited:
celebs can be dirtbags. I was a valet at a hotel in New Orleans and during NBA all star weekend, Tyreke Evans rolled up in a nice *** Rolls Royce with all red interior and what not (it was a rental by the way)

I valet dudes car, he and his friend get out and hang out at the hotel for about and hour or two.

he comes out and I go get his car, dude doesn't even say thanks, looks in his wallet which has a hella bills in it. ( I am not gonna lie I sneaked a peek :nerd: )

and dude didn't even tip me! he was like " my bad dude, I'll get you on the way back :x " dude never returns to the hotel the whole weekend. :smh:

mofo are so cheap sometimes....

" my bad dude, I'll get you on the way back :x " dude never returns to the hotel the whole weekend. :smh:

I despise tipping and the rest of your story, but what's worse is when someone gives a bs excuse like that.

Don't tip if you don't want to... but, don't make up some story. WEAK.

Last edited:
Can't say I'm surprised people in here are bending over backwards to defend him. NTers are cheap. 

i only hate these posts b/c it brings out the "tips are optional" crowd, and i hate seeing some of my fellow nt'ers as cheap.

dont go out to eat, and especially dont sit at a table if you dont want to tip.
if service is bad, tell the staff, get something comp'ed that was late or bad....

often bad service has to do with the whole house and even if your waiter waitress is having a bad day...tip well and next time theyll get it right...even if not for you, the next folks will get good service due to your generosity and hopefully others will bestow that same karma onto you :smokin

i only hate these posts b/c it brings out the "tips are optional" crowd, and i hate seeing some of my fellow nt'ers as cheap.

dont go out to eat, and especially dont sit at a table if you dont want to tip.
if service is bad, tell the staff, get something comp'ed that was late or bad....

often bad service has to do with the whole house and even if your waiter waitress is having a bad day...tip well and next time theyll get it right...even if not for you, the next folks will get good service due to your generosity and hopefully others will bestow that same karma onto you
smokin.gif
No. Bad service doesnt deserve a tip. That thought process makes all servers look like a lazy entitled bunch. 

And no I'm not cheap I tip 20% minimum every time I eat out, except the one time in my life I got **** service. 

Last edited:
No. Bad service doesnt deserve a tip. That thought process makes all servers look like a lazy entitled bunch. 

And no I'm not cheap I tip 20% minimum every time I eat out, except the one time in my life I got **** service. 
20% minimum, my man :smokin
it just feels good to tip well...it completes the experience for me...i know going out to eat doesnt make us royalty, but i like to feel like i had an indulgent experience and leaving a boss tip is the cherry on top for me 8)

20% minimum, my man :smokin
it just feels good to tip well...it completes the experience for me...i know going out to eat doesnt make us royalty, but i like to feel like i had an indulgent experience and leaving a boss tip is the cherry on top for me 8)

I always had a theory that people love tipping because it strokes their ego and not so much that "its the right thing to do". Thank you for confirming my theory.

I always had a theory that people love tipping because it strokes their ego and not so much that "its the right thing to do". Thank you for confirming my theory.
yoou sir, are certainly welcome :smokin
and for the record, i also give nice gifts on holidays for that very reason :smokin its a win win imho

Tip well to get good service next time? Shouldn't I get good service in order to give a good tip?

I do this at places I frequent.

Like when I worked in DTLA, we would hit up bars for happy hour at least once a week.

Servers/Bartenders remembered us and would always hook it up with drinks.

I miss working in DTLA :smh:

I do this at places I frequent.

Like when I worked in DTLA, we would hit up bars for happy hour at least once a week.

Servers/Bartenders remembered us and would always hook it up with drinks.

I miss working in DTLA :smh:

I do the same; if you tip a little more than average, bartenders remember you and give you free drinks and/or focus on you more when there's a large crowd of people trying to get drinks.

Last edited:
Bars are one of many venues that are completely different than restaurants. 

Giving a good tip for bad service at a restaurant as a way of providing incentive for better service next time is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a min. 

Last edited:

Giving a good tip for bad service at a restaurant as a way of providing incentive for better service next time is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a min. 

imagine giving a good tip for a bad haircut in hope that next time he does a better job :lol:

It might have been a to-go order, in which not even a 1 cent tip should be left.
Naw dude, that's NOT cool. Anytime someone does a service for you that you're too lazy to do, you tip. Period. If you don't wanna tip, stay home and cook your own meal

Th

To be honest, if you are black they probably had it in their head to focus on other tables because even if they have you the best service you probably still wouldn't tip very well. Be honest, would you put all your efforts on the young black couple just drinking water and eating from the 10.99 or lower menu as opposed to maybe a white couple drinking and ordering high dollar items, I guarantee you'd go for the biggest buck. I've seen others do it. I've done it. I hate that's a thing but I've given the benefit of the doubt plenty of times and I've served my tables with the most attentive and on point service. Threw in free drinks, made sure they were stocked up on rolls, had the kids laughing. Treated them like kings and queens and gotten "this was the best service ever" only to see sorry tips or none at all. I don't know where it started or why we as a people have this thing about tipping but it needs to stop immediately. I personally tip 30% or higher every time. But I'm upfront with my server and tell them I'll tip if they take care of me. Like wise with bars. I'll tip a dollar per drink. 2 if it's a lot of effort to make. Gotta treat people right to get it back

Back
Top Bottom