Eagles player LeSean McCoy tips 20 cents (less than 1/3 of a percent) at PYT Burger

From my experience servers hate their lives, talk **** about the customers and fake being friendly to them, complain about their job constantly yet do nothing to get a job they'd like because the tips are good.

Like I said, from my experience. If im wrong correct me
It probably depends on the crew. I loved my job waiting tables. I only worked maybe 5 hours a day four times a week and that was perfect when I was in college. I never came at a table or anyone I worked with, with negative energy. I'm a pretty upbeat person anyway so that helped me make pretty good money. And I wouldn't say it's about being fake so much as putting on a show for these people that probably don't leave the house much or they're already have a hard enough time. The last thing they wanted to do was cook or clean. To some eating out is a special occasion. I'm not gonna be the ***hole that ruins that. I'm gonna take care of them like I'd want to be if I came to eat. People like to be treated well. Dollars come after. Maybe a little but usually a lot. Case in point, had a table, family of 4. Guy orders a filet mignon. They mess it up three times. His family have eaten their food and this guy has only had sides. But the whole time I'm checking in, seeing what I could do. Making sure the kids are happy he finally took his to go and left a hundred. All about the service....

20% minimum, my man
smokin.gif

it just feels good to tip well...it completes the experience for me...i know going out to eat doesnt make us royalty, but i like to feel like i had an indulgent experience and leaving a boss tip is the cherry on top for me
glasses.gif
I always had a theory that people love tipping because it strokes their ego and not so much that "its the right thing to do". Thank you for confirming my theory.
You can argue that about anything though. You could say people only help out in homeless shelters to stroke their ego. Give money to charity to stroke their ego. At the end of the day, those people are helping someone and you're not.

Last edited:
Th
Bars are one of many venues that are completely different than restaurants. 

Giving a good tip for bad service at a restaurant as a way of providing incentive for better service next time is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a min. 
To be honest, if you are black they probably had it in their head to focus on other tables because even if they have you the best service you probably still wouldn't tip very well. Be honest, would you put all your efforts on the young black couple just drinking water and eating from the 10.99 or lower menu as opposed to maybe a white couple drinking and ordering high dollar items, I guarantee you'd go for the biggest buck. I've seen others do it. I've done it. I hate that's a thing but I've given the benefit of the doubt plenty of times and I've served my tables with the most attentive and on point service. Threw in free drinks, made sure they were stocked up on rolls, had the kids laughing. Treated them like kings and queens and gotten "this was the best service ever" only to see sorry tips or none at all. I don't know where it started or why we as a people have this thing about tipping but it needs to stop immediately. I personally tip 30% or higher every time. But I'm upfront with my server and tell them I'll tip if they take care of me. Like wise with bars. I'll tip a dollar per drink. 2 if it's a lot of effort to make. Gotta treat people right to get it back
This issue me and dude are debating isn't about black people. It's about the stupid *** idea that waiters who provide bad service deserve good tips so that next time, they'll provide good service. 

As for you, maybe you need to wait some tables in areas with high income black households, or go wait tables in poor rural white areas, to fix your skewed perspective.  Until you do stop kicking that old *** stereotype. 

Last edited:
Oh cool, one of these threads again.

No matter how you feel about tipping, if the stores owner posted that receipt, its completely unprofessional. Hell if a regular employee did it, its still a petty bad look on that establishment.

That said, I believe in tipping good service accordingly, but bad service doesn't deserve a penny, especially in a state like Cali where their getting minimum wage plus tips.

I seen a post in here earlier where the server provided poor service then complained about no tip. Like who does that?

Looking at it from a servers perspective, if I was in their shoes, everyone gets the benifit of the doubt and above and beyond service the first go around where i do way more then provide the minimum service, if your a good tipper then that continues, if your rude or don't tip then you get the bare minimum service next time while other customers are treated as more of a priority, nothing wrong with that, but confronting a customer who doesn't tip or posting a copy of the bill online is completely unacceptable.

20% minimum, my man :smokin

it just feels good to tip well...it completes the experience for me...i know going out to eat doesnt make us royalty, but i like to feel like i had an indulgent experience and leaving a boss tip is the cherry on top for me 8)

I always had a theory that people love tipping because it strokes their ego and not so much that "its the right thing to do". Thank you for confirming my theory.

You can argue that about anything though. You could say people only help out in homeless shelters to stroke their ego. Give money to charity to stroke their ego. At the end of the day, those people are helping someone and you're not.

How do you know he's not?

It probably depends on the crew. I loved my job waiting tables. I only worked maybe 5 hours a day four times a week and that was perfect when I was in college. I never came at a table or anyone I worked with, with negative energy. I'm a pretty upbeat person anyway so that helped me make pretty good money. And I wouldn't say it's about being fake so much as putting on a show for these people that probably don't leave the house much or they're already have a hard enough time. The last thing they wanted to do was cook or clean. To some eating out is a special occasion. I'm not gonna be the ***hole that ruins that. I'm gonna take care of them like I'd want to be if I came to eat. People like to be treated well. Dollars come after. Maybe a little but usually a lot. Case in point, had a table, family of 4. Guy orders a filet mignon. They mess it up three times. His family have eaten their food and this guy has only had sides. But the whole time I'm checking in, seeing what I could do. Making sure the kids are happy he finally took his to go and left a hundred. All about the service....

Shut up with that weak stereotype

I don't like to tip unless I get great service or the chick is flirting with me . I'm cheap AF plus broke AF... Money doesn't grow on trees. I usually don't go to many restaurants where I'm paying the tab.... Then I steal the tips that are left by whoevers paying the tab if I feel the waitress or waiter doesn't deserve it

its like at the medical shops. Tip jars for weighing out a sac. In my head I'm like girl you ain't even that pretty (most of the time) . Ppl think they deserve more.

I don't like to tip unless I get great service or the chick is flirting with me . I'm cheap AF plus broke AF... Money doesn't grow on trees. I usually don't go to many restaurants where I'm paying the tab.... Then I steal the tips that are left by whoevers paying the tab if I feel the waitress or waiter doesn't deserve it

its like at the medical shops. Tip jars for weighing out a sac. In my head I'm like girl you ain't even that pretty (most of the time) . Ppl think they deserve more.
You are a POS. Stealing from people that took you out to eat? Straight scum. You deserved to get pooped on by your girl in that hotel room. 

Last edited:

It might have been a to-go order, in which not even a 1 cent tip should be left.
Naw dude, that's NOT cool. Anytime someone does a service for you that you're too lazy to do, you tip. Period. If you don't wanna tip, stay home and cook your own meal
The to-go person DOES NOTHING BUT WALK 10 feet and pick up the food from the rack it's sitting on, oh... maybe they grab some utensils. Maybe. 

I'll be damned if I'm paying $15+ to a restaurant in addition to a tip because someone walked in the kitchen and handed me my food. BTW, those people get paid an hourly rate and some don't even see the tips, so again... not even 1 cent should be left.

Yoooooo

He just said he steals the tips from whoever paid the tab if he felt the waiter or waitress didn't deserve it.

That's not the grimiest thing I've heard someone do on here, but that's pretty damn bold lmao

LISTEN, most servers make 2.13/ hr, bc the companies they work for expect them to make their living off of tips. 2.13/ AN HR B.

& FOR TO-GO orders at restaurants, they make NO MORE THAN 5/hr, bc of the same exact reason. 5/ AN HR B.

so a lot of what yall saying is plain ignorant.

of course if they give horrible service, they shouldn't be expecting anything.

but yall are savages if you get great service and dont tip, they end up LOSING money from their sales. bc when its time to cash out, the company expects all your tips to be 18% of your sales, so if it doesnt, the server loses money.

Last edited:
I don't like to tip unless I get great service or the chick is flirting with me . I'm cheap AF plus broke AF... Money doesn't grow on trees. I usually don't go to many restaurants where I'm paying the tab.... [COLOR=#red]Then I steal the tips that are left by whoevers paying the tab if I feel the waitress or waiter doesn't deserve it[/COLOR]

lmao wtf is wrong with you bruh, I understand not tipping but youre being a dirty piece of crap if youre taking away people's right to feed themselves at night. Thats one of the sickest things Ive ever heard on this forum.

Last edited:

Well this was something I wasnt expecting to read. You just set the bar for NT tipping threads

dis dude grabbin doodoo and stealing tips :smh:

Wait hold up..I tip good but we tipping on Togo orders ? :x for what exactly?

I didn't know people tipped on to go orders or pick up orders either. I saw people talking about it on tv and on nt. On tv they said it was because the person has to pack your food. Putting the food in a bag isn't much more work than putting the food on a tray though.

Back
Top Bottom