Early links in. Bots out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think about a hundo is still less than resale on some of these kicks like da prelude Kobe's for instance.

When I think about it, and the way ya'll break it down sounds like it's worth it.  Continue to win
pimp.gif
  I can't front I don't know much about the bots or miners for links.  I just figured it was something crazy ridiculous like writing code for a website or something.  Things have evolved drastically since I first got involved in 03
eek.gif
.  So many ways to cap off one release when I take the time to think about it.  Play on playas

Bottom line is, it's ridiculous to have to go to these measures to cop shoes you really like, but at the same time it is what it is. If dudes are smart enough to know how to use they heads to make things easier, I can't hate.

This is on the other spectrum of waiting for the Eastbay catalog to come in the mail and actually send a check to order :lol:

Naw man the 90's where good times:smokin .  It's a whole nother beast these days
I know the older guys can relate. I don't even know how my mom would react if I told I want $170 and tax for the shoes and I need her to upgrade the internet service so I can actually have a chance of getting a pair :lol:

It was fun to hunt down shoes that were years old when retros weren't popping like they are now. I remember dudes were flipping out when the 17s were $200. Kids brought the briefcase to high school to show off :lol: $200 is like the norm for any retro now after tax. I don't even know how the young cats keep up.

I remember when the duncans, foams, and the penny's dropped.  Prices were
mean.gif
.   Seeing those on some ones feet was like seeing a unicorn.  You didn't.  I only knew one dude that had the penny's.  His mom used to spend DUMB amounts of change on him and his brothers shoe game.

Last edited:
I know the older guys can relate. I don't even know how my mom would react if I told I want $170 and tax for the shoes and I need her to upgrade the internet service so I can actually have a chance of getting a pair :lol:

It was fun to hunt down shoes that were years old when retros weren't popping like they are now. I remember dudes were flipping out when the 17s were $200. Kids brought the briefcase to high school to show off :lol: $200 is like the norm for any retro now after tax. I don't even know how the young cats keep up.

I remember copping og 94 retros for 300 and it being astronomically high

people got programs to mine the links from the website.  
This is where I'm confused. It's easy to write a program that will loop through pid/pgid combinations. I have 2 issues with that.

1) How do you obtain the cp parameter value? Seems like a arbitrary string NDC created in order to prevent link mining. 

2) I've never clicked on an early link yet, but from what I'm told it's just a "THE PRODUCT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" page until 8am. If that's true, how would you know you found the correct link during the mining process?

Based on those 2 things, my theory is that ELs are an inside job.

Last edited:

This is where I'm confused. It's easy to write a program that will loop through pid/pgid combinations. I have 2 issues with that.

1) How do you obtain the cp parameter value? Seems like a arbitrary string NDC created in order to prevent link mining. 

2) I've never clicked on an early link yet, but from what I'm told it's just a "THE PRODUCT YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" page until 8am. If that's true, how would you know you found the correct link during the mining process?

Based on those 2 things, my theory is that ELs are an inside job.
that is an EXTREMELY good point.  my theory is that if anything, it has something to do with twitter, since these tweets are preset to go out at a certain time.  but if that's proved to be wrong, i would have to be on your side with that one.  

I know the older guys can relate. I don't even know how my mom would react if I told I want $170 and tax for the shoes and I need her to upgrade the internet service so I can actually have a chance of getting a pair
laugh.gif

It was fun to hunt down shoes that were years old when retros weren't popping like they are now. I remember dudes were flipping out when the 17s were $200. Kids brought the briefcase to high school to show off
laugh.gif
$200 is like the norm for any retro now after tax. I don't even know how the young cats keep up.
i think my parents would kick me the **** out for even thinking they would consider that.  

that is an EXTREMELY good point.  my theory is that if anything, it has something to do with twitter, since these tweets are preset to go out at a certain time.  but if that's proved to be wrong, i would have to be on your side with that one.  
The tweet would be scheduled on NDC side. Which aligns with my inside job theory. My guess is the page is on the dev environment around Wednesday for approval from the PM. Could be 3-4 subcontractors with access. So maybe 100+ people with access.

The tweet would be scheduled on NDC side. Which aligns with my inside job theory. My guess is the page is on the dev environment around Wednesday for approval from the PM. Could be 3-4 subcontractors with access. So maybe 100+ people with access.
im still confused as to why people on freelance programming sites have been hired for this specific task though.  it seems if people were hired for the job, it would be possible....

How much do they pay?
i saw only 2 that actually got contracted out.  one i don't remember what the terms were, but one guy said he would pay $1200, $300 once he saw a demo of the program, and the rest after the full program is provided, with another $300 dollar bonus for something else i dont remember.   Gonna see if anyone is willing to do that for me, seems like it would obviously be worth it, but also too good to be true type thing.   I would pay that amount just to see if there is such a thing.  lol 

Last edited:

i saw only 2 that actually got contracted out.  one i don't remember what the terms were, but one guy said he would pay $1200, $300 once he saw a demo of the program, and the rest after the full program is provided, with another $300 dollar bonus for something else i dont remember.   Gonna see if anyone is willing to do that for me, seems like it would obviously be worth it, but also too good to be true type thing.   I would pay that amount just to see if there is such a thing.  lol 
Maybe the developer doesn't know that there isn't a solution. Or maybe the guy taking the job is also the guy leaking the link. It would be so easy to spoof a program like that.

Whats going on in this thread 
nerd.gif
Put your tinfoil hat on.

Last edited:

Maybe the developer doesn't know that there isn't a solution. Or maybe the guy taking the job is also the guy leaking the link. It would be so easy to spoof a program like that.
thats possible.  maybe also a developer created some kind of backdoor so that people can be taught how to access the information

Or this was all planned by Nike. Bots were running rampant. People were crying. So Nike creates its own market for ELs while delivering a big blow to bots.

Anybody know where to go to get early links or know anyone other than nikedestroyer that does the early links

Or this was all planned by Nike. Bots were running rampant. People were crying. So Nike creates its own market for ELs while delivering a big blow to bots.

Man this is all too much

What releases have been deemed destroyed by early links tho, all i heard about was the prelude 4s

Nike is creating a new strategy in marketing. This needs to be covered in a business program in universities.

I genuinely find all of this exciting from a business perspective even though I have little to no interest in buying anything other than to wear myself.

Nike is creating a new strategy in marketing. This needs to be covered in a business program in universities.

I genuinely find all of this exciting from a business perspective even though I have little to no interest in buying anything other than to wear myself.
its nothing new, the technical marketing term is the pull strategy.   look it up.   describes nike perfectly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom