Ebay is Killin me... Can anyone help in dealing with them? Advice??

I sell some shoes on ebay...  user name scwoogie

they recently put a limit of me selling 8 items per month of nike things on ebay out of nowhere...

my rating is 100% feedback over last 12 months... My DSR rating is like 4.8-4.9 over last 12 months in all categories, 0 open cases.

They have my account and my father's account linked since we have same permanent address and same name.

So they say there is counterfeit worries with my account based on the items i sell and the # of problems buyers have had with transactions and they list four item #'s.

3 of them on my fathers account... All 3 were people who bought cheap dunks he bought at an outlet closeout for like 9.99 and sold for like 24-28 bones... they did not open paypal cases, but left negative or neutral feedback claiming they were fakes for whatever reason

The 1 item # related to my account is when I sold a guy a pair of jordan vi shoes and i didn't realize they were missing lace locks so the guy opened a item not as described case... I refunded him $15 bones...and we were good... that happened back in february..

I just got a limit slapped on me like 10 days ago.... crazy... I normally sell like 100 items a month or so...

crazy thing is my dad's account has no limit.... crazier thing... they upgraded me from a bronze power seller to a silver power seller during the time i got the ban

Customer service people are jerking me around all day, hanging up on me, not calling back... doing anything to get me off the phone...

anybody have any advice on how to get to talk to someone who can actually get things done?

i had something similar happen.

i called ebay, asked to speak to a supervisor and told them i wanted to cancel my account due to their piss poor treatment of me as a seller. i got transferred to a supervisor. asked them why they changed my seller limits when i did nothing wrong to warrant it and that i wanted to end my dealings with ebay. dude lifted the limits on the spot and apologized.

They're crooks, i stopped using ebay 3 years ago.

how comes noone came up with a decent alternative for eBay in this day and age is beyond me
grin.gif

They probably did this because there are so many shoes sitting on ebay because they are overpriced.

eBay sucks but they have taken steps because there are a lot of shady people out there.  Unfortunately. 

Fee's are through the roof, but look at the alternatives:

- Craigslist- Low ballers and flakes
- Niketalk B/S - Worse than CL, people on here don't understand that shipping isn't free on top of that they want next day air, tracking, signature confirmation (
laugh.gif
).  It can be better, but we can't give feedback since MM shuts down every thread with "It's free +@#!!"
-ISS Marketplace- Even though they charge, it's probably the best if you want to move shoes.  The fee's they charge, I call "convenience" fee.  Your paying for the convenience of not selling on NT and eBay.

- If you guys are moving that much product have you considered opening your very own e-store?

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

eBay sucks but they have taken steps because there are a lot of shady people out there.  Unfortunately. 

Fee's are through the roof, but look at the alternatives:

- Craigslist- Low ballers and flakes
- Niketalk B/S - Worse than CL, people on here don't understand that shipping isn't free on top of that they want next day air, tracking, signature confirmation (
laugh.gif
).  It can be better, but we can't give feedback since MM shuts down every thread with "It's free +@#!!"
-ISS Marketplace- Even though they charge, it's probably the best if you want to move shoes.  The fee's they charge, I call "convenience" fee.  Your paying for the convenience of not selling on NT and eBay.

- If you guys are moving that much product have you considered opening your very own e-store?

i agree with everything you said but i'd rather sell on niketalk over craigslist.   maybe it's a so cal and nyc thing but craigslist takes lowballing and flaking to a whole different level.

niketalk is bad though, some people on here have unrealistic demmands. they want to lowball, want special shipping, want their stuff packaged specific ways, and want the stuff shipped an hour after they pay,  yet they refuse to work with you by either sending the payment as a gift or covering the paypal fees as a way of working with you for being able to work with your price for them.

you have any suggestions on what kind of e store is viable?

i have looked thought about it but never really looked into it.... ebay just has all the buyers so it seems

NT is lowballer heaven. I like selling on here for the most part since I dont have to pay ebay fees. To show how dumb some people on here are, I was selling a DS pair of Playoff XIII. I got the shoes for cheap and was looking to make a few bucks. The shoes are nowhere near my size so I listed NO TRADES THESE ARE NOT MY SIZE in caps like I just did. Well what do you know, a guy tried trading me a pair of the the same shoes one size bigger. AHHH the nt b/s forum.

roll.gif

Hence why I primarily sell on ISS.  Though most of the buyers there are still on allowance, I go there first before NT, Ebay etc.  

Originally Posted by Smokey Bandit

They're crooks, i stopped using ebay 3 years ago.

how comes noone came up with a decent alternative for eBay in this day and age is beyond me
grin.gif

There are a bunch out there, but without the household name it's harder to move product.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by mjmoney23

NT is lowballer heaven. I like selling on here for the most part since I dont have to pay ebay fees. To show how dumb some people on here are, I was selling a DS pair of Playoff XIII. I got the shoes for cheap and was looking to make a few bucks. The shoes are nowhere near my size so I listed NO TRADES THESE ARE NOT MY SIZE in caps like I just did. Well what do you know, a guy tried trading me a pair of the the same shoes one size bigger. AHHH the nt b/s forum.

you hooked me up with a nice pair 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by marion706

twitter first
nt second
iss third
ebay last resort

hate to say this but iss is better than everything you posted when it comes to my selling experience

im getting tired ebay. The fees annoy me. The buyers ive been dealing with lately have been annoying. I need to get my post count up so i can start buying and selling on NT.

whats the etiqitue on selling multiple items to one person and not combining shipping? I find that very annoying that they ask...

Back
Top Bottom