Ebay Seller scams me out of $600 Vol. Legal action against Ebay?

What method was it shipped? Couldn't you have just been dishonest yourself and say you never got it, or it came in its own empty box..

Originally Posted by asianplayer

That sucks. It seem like you did take precaution because you used Signature Confirmation and not just delivery confirmation, but just ended up buying from a shady seller. Did the seller have a lot of feedback?

There's a huge difference between getting signature or delivery confirmation from USPS as opposed to UPS and Fedex. With the latter two that's just as good as insuring your package, whereas with usps anything outside of getting insurance is a crapshoot.

In the end by the seller saying the package is empty, he places the blame on the buyer and usps known shady reputation of pilferage.

I don't know anything about chargebacks so that's as far as my input goes 

A $600 chain in today's gold market? Probably would have blown off of your neck the first time you encountered a stong gust of wind anyways. Take the L and keep movin'.

Wow it's that easy for her to just say the box was empty?...that's ridiculous that they took her word for it. Hopefully you used a cc to make the purchase it's your only chance at getting your money back.

Sorry for the late response,

I talked to some friend of mine that works as paralegal and turns out that the legal fee may be more than the money I lost. Yes, I was INCREDIBLY dumb for not getting insurance 
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
I just assumed everything was going to be fine but once again, that's what I get for assuming.

For those asking for more details about the chain: It was 18g Gold chain that I had bought for my brother as a late birthday present. I am so frustrated and disappointed in myself for doing something that stupid! One thing though, it baffles me how Ebay just sided with the seller just like that! Now I can say that whenever somebody sends me something, I can claim the box was empty and get away with it
sick.gif
  I am not to wish any body any harm but I hope that %@%*% gets what she deserves down the road.

Sorry for your loss man. If there's one thing I know about eBay and Paypal, it's that they always favor the buyer. It's been like that for a while now, they are always coming up with new ways to %+%! over sellers,. I am extremely surprised there are no close competitors to ebay...if there were, I would jump ship immediately. 

Originally Posted by Patent2305

Wow it's that easy for her to just say the box was empty?...that's ridiculous that they took her word for it. Hopefully you used a cc to make the purchase it's your only chance at getting your money back.

Exactly what I was thinking. First time I've heard a seller win in this scenario.

you doing it wrong go on paypal file a dispute

contact your CC compnay and file a chargeback

ebay/paypal always take the buyers side over the sellers

he coulda just mailed you the chain and you coulda said you got an empty box and they woulda believed you

^ I'm going to try that and see what happens. What if the case is closed? Is it too late?

Recently happen to me.
Sold a pair of kicks, guy did a "unauthorized chargeback" through paypal, they awarded his money back and got to keep my kicks after I showed proof of delivery.
Luckily was only a pair of dunkamans I got for 100 bucks and I didn't take too much of a L.

Disputed, paypal said they would rule in my favor since they didn't see my shipping info.. few days later, they said due to scam reasons, buyer was rewarded.

So I asked... next time I buy something off ebay, I can do the same and I will get my moneyback right? Lady was like uuuuhhhhhh... *shrug*
I said thanks for nothing, but be on he look out because I am about to do the same, have a good day and hung up.

ADVANTAGE MEMBER MY %++!!

^I know bro. I'm going to try what Nike Vandal suggested and see what happens. Believe it hurts so bad having lost that money and I'm trying to see if I can still rescue some of it.

post his address and maybe if some NTers that live close by can send him a visit naw meen

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

^ I'm going to try that and see what happens. What if the case is closed? Is it too late?

Bro read what me and a few other members said. If you file a charge back, Paypal cooperates immediately. They are not a real financial institution and just do whatever the CC company orders them to do.

Originally Posted by freakydestroyer

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Bro read what me and a few other members said. If you file a charge back, Paypal cooperates immediately. They are not a real financial institution and just do whatever the CC company orders them to do.
I'm heading to the bank tomorrow morning since I did not use my CC but a debit card. You can file a charge back on CC online but not for debit cards. Tomorrow, I'll be heading to the back and file a charge back. Should I go and explain the whole situation or simply say that I never received the item?  Thanks for all the help by the way. It gives me some hope that I can still get my money back.

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

Recently happen to me.
Sold a pair of kicks, guy did a "unauthorized chargeback" through paypal, they awarded his money back and got to keep my kicks after I showed proof of delivery.
Luckily was only a pair of dunkamans I got for 100 bucks and I didn't take too much of a L.

Disputed, paypal said they would rule in my favor since they didn't see my shipping info.. few days later, they said due to scam reasons, buyer was rewarded.

So I asked... next time I buy something off ebay, I can do the same and I will get my moneyback right? Lady was like uuuuhhhhhh... *shrug*
I said thanks for nothing, but be on he look out because I am about to do the same, have a good day and hung up.

ADVANTAGE MEMBER MY %++!!
I dont get this, does Payapl not look at a sellers history and take it into account when a chargeback scammer is attempting to *#@% you over? This story is crazy. 

$600?
sick.gif
  my condolences and  sorry for your loss

just make sure you dont get out of this without learning a lesson from it.

Not getting insurance wasn't smart but I don't think it would have mattered since the seller signed for it wasn't "lost or damaged" they said you sent a empty box.

It's really a tricky situation because imagine someone received the package and that person turned out stealing the inside before the actual seller got to opening the box. For example: A family member opening the box and stealing the item. If that was the case, how are they going to have the postal office be liable for it? It doesn't make any sense. I agree with Executive76 since you can claim that you receive an empty box and there is nothing they can do to prove you otherwise.

Dam i should of told paypal i was delivered a box full of rocks and not the item so i wouldent have to give the buyer a dime back..next time i know..F ebay and F paypal! Craigslist FTW!

Back
Top Bottom