Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

Brick and mortars are still gonna make money . Not as much but yes they are . We got cats over here waiting a month to get their shoes and wait tilll eBay starts charging fees to use the authentication service
I’m sure they will for the time being but prices on things going way up isn’t necessarily a good thing for them. eBay can play the waiting game with the amount of steady revenue they have annually. Smaller shops don’t have that flexibility.

either way, I have no dog in the fight because I’m SO out of touch with the resale/after market purchases now since I’m pretty much done with shoes and won’t participate in any of that foolishness. If I miss out then I miss out. I don’t care either way. Whichever industry needs to die so buying shoes is easy again I’m all for it.

I'm actually glad that I'm in Canada and they aren't enforcing this 'sneaker authentication' garbage on us. Been buying and selling on eBay since 2001 and have never had any issues as a seller - just some mostly minor annoyances as a buyer with a handful of shady sellers.

That said, this 'sneaker authentication' seems like an unnecessary layer of complexity/hassle and opens the door to fraud/theft. You have minimum wage 'experts' processing higher value items so it's easy to see why they'd be motivated to steal them for some quick cash.

Good luck to all of you having issues and I hope they get resolved as soon as possible.

I highly recommend that you also take pictures of the shoes as you package them, including showing the sneakers and shipping labels with the receiving address before sealing the shipping boxes.

As blastercombo blastercombo said, it was a good run while it lasted but it's simply not worth the hassle these days to shop for the in-demand product.

Man, I pulled my TS AJ1 Lows off of StockX thinking I'd sell through eBay instead to pocket that extra $100+, (and was going to do the same for some other AJ1s and Yeezys I currently have on SX) but after reading the last 5 pgs or so I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I had issues with scam buyers on ebay in the past (KAWS 4s, Wings 12s, and one or two other pairs), but it always worked out eventually. I'd thought the authentication scheme would help eliminate problems like that on high-value stuff, but it sounds like the bottleneck is just exacerbating the situation. I'm gonna have to think this one over...

Man, I pulled my TS AJ1 Lows off of StockX thinking I'd sell through eBay instead to pocket that extra $100+, (and was going to do the same for some other AJ1s and Yeezys I currently have on SX) but after reading the last 5 pgs or so I'm not so sure that's a good idea. I had issues with scam buyers on ebay in the past (KAWS 4s, Wings 12s, and one or two other pairs), but it always worked out eventually. I'd thought the authentication scheme would help eliminate problems like that on high-value stuff, but it sounds like the bottleneck is just exacerbating the situation. I'm gonna have to think this one over...

If you can take a little less money try to sell locally and just be safe about where and what time you meet up to make the sale.

The authentication process would make sense if the employees were paid adequately and the work was done at a secure facility but the operating costs would be prohibitive. eBay should have authentication necessary only for sneakers in excess of $500 - it would actually be more manageable for their staff.

If you can take a little less money try to sell locally and just be safe about where and what time you meet up to make the sale.

The authentication process would make sense if the employees were paid adequately and the work was done at a secure facility but the operating costs would be prohibitive. eBay should have authentication necessary only for sneakers in excess of $500 - it would actually be more manageable for their staff.
Yeah, I live like 45 mins from anyone who'd actually be looking to drop $1k+ on shoes, and I don't think I'd want to risk that kind of a transaction unless we did it in the lobby of a police precinct lol.

But I agree completely on the $500 min idea - I think that makes a ton of sense.

Just got off the phone with Ebay, told them to call me back.

Click on the Help section (on the app, click the 3 horizontal bars)

Click contact us
Shipping and delivery for buyers
Other options for you
Have us call you.
866 540 3229

They will call you in about 2 to 7 minutes maybe.
One of my dunks was held up in the authentication center, I wanted to check the status of it. I told the ebay representative Antonia, and she was actually able to call the authentication center and connect me to Victor, one of the people working there, maybe he was an authenticator. He told me they were backed up about a week, my dunks arrived March 25th, and he was shipping orders that arrived and were checked on the 29th and 30th. So yea they are backed up with tons of orders.

This might also help sellers who want to inquire about their orders.

SX and GOAT authenticator are highly paid? Srs question I had no idea Ebay only paid their authenticator minimum wage..

Just got off the phone with Ebay, told them to call me back.

Click on the Help section (on the app, click the 3 horizontal bars)

Click contact us
Shipping and delivery for buyers
Other options for you
Have us call you.
866 540 3229

They will call you in about 2 to 7 minutes maybe.
One of my dunks was held up in the authentication center, I wanted to check the status of it. I told the ebay representative Antonia, and she was actually able to call the authentication center and connect me to Victor, one of the people working there, maybe he was an authenticator. He told me they were backed up about a week, my dunks arrived March 25th, and he was shipping orders that arrived and were checked on the 29th and 30th. So yea they are backed up with tons of orders.

This might also help sellers who want to inquire about their orders.
I had this same experience the other day. I was told they were a week behind. The order ended up shipping to the buyer the very next day.

Yeah, I live like 45 mins from anyone who'd actually be looking to drop $1k+ on shoes, and I don't think I'd want to risk that kind of a transaction unless we did it in the lobby of a police precinct lol.

But I agree completely on the $500 min idea - I think that makes a ton of sense.

snkrfollower snkrfollower we had some stick-ups in my city (Toronto) so our local police departments encouraged people to meet at the police stations for higher ticket items - particularly sneakers as some youths were getting reckless. It actually worked too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Raji Lowenthal Raji Lowenthal I don't think cats go to school/college to become 'sneaker authenticators'. I'm pretty sure the job's classified as general labor but I could be wrong.
I figured they were all making about the same but kept seeing posts about Ebay min wage workers so I wondered if the other two were paying good money or something :lol:

I figured they were all making about the same but kept seeing posts about Ebay min wage workers so I wondered if the other two were paying good money or something :lol:
Right? None of them are getting paid a livable wage. We can cut all that noise as if stockx shoe sniffers are pulling in bank :lol:

eBay contracts with sneakercon for their authentication service. Authenticators would not be employed by eBay. Here's a job listing on glassdoor: https://www.glassdoor.com/job-listi...JV_IC1132172_KO0,22_KE23,42.htm?jl=3803198277

This same job listing is cut and pasted across other job sites like indeed, etc. NYC minimum wage is $15/hour so it's safe to say that a sneaker authenticator job would pay around there. The requirements are pretty basic.

snkrfollower snkrfollower we had some stick-ups in my city (Toronto) so our local police departments encouraged people to meet at the police stations for higher ticket items - particularly sneakers as some youths were getting reckless. It actually worked too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh yeah, definitely. A lot of police depts here in the states have advised ppl to do it in their lobbies, too. I sold some tickets to Hamilton off Craigs List a couple years ago for a good chunk of change and actually met the buyer in front of a bank in case it was gonna be shady. Turned out to be some middle-aged Karen :lol:

they need to have other authenticator centers not just in nyc

tired of paying 20 bucks for shipping then have them charge 3 bucks afterwards

I spoke to Ebay yesterday and told them my dunks were supposed to be delivered to me on April 6th. They connected me again to Luigi, who work with the authentication department. Luigi was a cool dude, we chatted about sneakers and MJ, and he understood my situation. He said if they aren't found and processed in less than a month Ebay wouldn't be able to help my case. He said I shouldn't wait more than 2 weeks for them to arrive and be checked because it takes about 2 to 3 business days to authenticate and ship out. He gave me a $50 Ebay coupon, which I didnt get yesterday but I got a email with the code today. I contacted the seller yesterday to let him know whats happening and he told me Ebay found and authenticated my dunks and are preparing to ship them, about an hour after I spoke to Luigi. The seller would have lost a lot of money if the dunks were lost or stolen. Now I'm waiting for them.
311202111249.jpg

My pair got to the hub April 1st, hasn't been authenticated yet. Supposed to be delivered on the 14th but I know for a fact that's not happening. It's been about 6 business days since they got my shoes, hoping in the next 4 when it's officially been 2 business weeks that they finally are looked at. After this I'm done buying shoes on eBay until they either give sellers/buyers the option to opt out of the service, or they expand their service and not just the qualifications for it, so that there's enough people authenticating sneakers that these long wait periods don't happen so often. Fortunately while I may complain I am patient, but I know a lot of other buyers are not and are causing many sellers trouble by issuing "item not received" claims due to the authentication service leaving their order in limbo for weeks on end.

I have 4 pairs waiting for authentication & the first arrived at their hub on 3/26. I’m getting antsy.

My big thing is this wait time is ridiculous. If anything they should be overnighting from their center. I know a week isn’t that bad but when we’re talking about close to a month of wait time? I am good on that

Did my 1st sale shoes got authentication but the buyer just let negative feedback saying he think it might be fake :stoneface: How is eBay this trash + you can’t message the person
Can’t even leave bad feedback for him either LOL. Man I’m so very sorry to hear that.

For a data point, had a couple of sales recently, first sold on the 22nd, reached them on the 24th. Authenticated on the 1st and finally reached buyer on the 6th.

My bacon 90s are sitting at authentication. I guess I'm not getting em this week. I think I'm done buying on eBay for now.

They doing this **** for used shoes too?
Yes $300 and up. I accepted an offer of $250 and still had to send through the authentication process. Such a hassle and imagine when they start charging for this crap service.

Back
Top Bottom