Ebay StockX Goat Etc.

they’ll never do it. But I would love to see them set it up that if a buyer doesn’t pay within 48 hours, they automatically deduct the funds from their bank account.

before they switched to managed payments, they had no problems taking my seller fees every month directly from my bank account, so why not do the same for buyers. I stopped doing auctions as a seller largely due to deadbeats.
Yeah your best bet is BIN Or best offer. On the best offer if a buyer is interested I always counteroffer them a dollar or 2 more just to know they want to buy it. Usually if they don’t take it they were just eating your time

they’ll never do it. But I would love to see them set it up that if a buyer doesn’t pay within 48 hours, they automatically deduct the funds from their bank account.

before they switched to managed payments, they had no problems taking my seller fees every month directly from my bank account, so why not do the same for buyers. I stopped doing auctions as a seller largely due to deadbeats.
Ebay should definitely hold you responsible for the bid you place. At least put a hold on the funds to inconvenience deadbeat bidders by tying up their money. I hate when I'm bidding on something and somebody snipes and then its relisted in a couple days :lol:

Welp…

531EA3EB-29A4-438B-88C3-E05C3846B9ED.jpeg

I’ll believe it when I see it

mentally prepared to get a message from ebay saying they failed authentication :lol:

I carted 9.5 yesterday and just minutes before it went live it said 3 available and 1 sold but said it wasn’t available once it went live…and when trying to checkout with the pair I carted I was getting the message saying it’s reserved for Top Star members

i kept seeing this on my ebay & thought it was too good to be true, so i said nah ... it was something about giving good deals to longstanding members or something.

Made the mistake of creating a listing with a reserve price smh. It’s been so long since I’ve gone that route that I completely forgot that they charge you for it straight away, sale or no sale. Lesson learned. :lol: :smh:
there's no point of using reserve price anymore since they don't charge a insertion fee

I think if you sell a lot you may have to pay insertion fees cause there's a limited amount of auctions where it's no charge but I doubt that affects many of us on here

Had to refund a buyer within an hour of purchase and the Bay told the buyer the refund will post in 3-5 days, wtf. Why are they playing with people's money with these short term non interest paying loans :rofl:
I used to do this back in the day when I was in college and short on cash. I would create a listing for a high value item I didn't have because I needed cash. I would wait till Friday when I got paid at my job then refund the buyer and tell them I sold the item locally on craigslist. Quick interest free loan :lol:

I used to do this back in the day when I was in college and short on cash. I would create a listing for a high value item I didn't have because I needed cash. I would wait till Friday when I got paid at my job then refund the buyer and tell them I sold the item locally on craigslist. Quick interest free loan :lol:

I did this too a few times in my younger days lmao.

The local swap meet by me used to have all types of older Jordans in smaller sizes and kids sizes. I would get a list of the sizes they had of the shoes. Take other people’s pics and list them then go to the swap meet and purchase those pairs and pocket the profit. This spot was super low key so I knew the stuff would be in stock when I went up there and in a worst case scenario I would just refund them if they didn’t have the shoes.

Just had a pair of Jordan 12 Easter lows be rejected. First time for that, interesting that they did not provide a reason why.

Just bought a pair of am97’s. 1st time buying sneakers on eBay since the authentication process started.

I did this too a few times in my younger days lmao.

The local swap meet by me used to have all types of older Jordans in smaller sizes and kids sizes. I would get a list of the sizes they had of the shoes. Take other people’s pics and list them then go to the swap meet and purchase those pairs and pocket the profit. This spot was super low key so I knew the stuff would be in stock when I went up there and in a worst case scenario I would just refund them if they didn’t have the shoes.
I still do this at times; if I know a store has a full stock. Instead of buying il add it on eBay and if they bite go purchase it

I still do this at times; if I know a store has a full stock. Instead of buying il add it on eBay and if they bite go purchase it

I did this with a hat store I would go to in NY which had all sorts of older champion and Nike authentics just laying in the cut in the back of the store. They had so much stuff in popular sizes. I don’t think the owner knew the value of the stuff since they mainly sold hats and they were sitting on those jerseys since the early 00’s. I would take pics of the jerseys in store, crop everything out so no one would recognize the store setup and throw them on eBay and go back to purchase once they sold. I sold damn near his entire jersey inventory by doing this lol.

Auctions don’t work because people don’t understand how to make it work for you PLUS the seller would just cancel the order if it was too low. 1 thing sellers do is get to cancel orders if they don’t get the price they want. Ruins everything.

Always done BIN with payment required immediate since day 1. I participated in auctions when buying though.

I'm in California, where am I shipping it to? Shipped to NY when that was their primary location and it costed me more. I give free shipping so I need to know so I can set the proper shoe price before listing. Thanks.

So, I had an item returned due to insufficient address. The buyer let me know after the fact that he forgot to add his apt number. I let him know that I would refund him minus shipping when the item was back in my possession. Anyway, he opened an item never received case before the item was back in my possession and I contacted eBay and let them know what happened and what I planned to do to resolve. They ended up closing the case in my favor and said it is the buyer's responsibility to confirm the address before paying or reaching out before the seller ships. The notes on the case show he cannot leave negative feedback and that I don't have to refund him at all and that he cannot reopen the case. I called and they confirmed that is accurate. I'm still going to refund now that I have the item back. Anyone ever experience this before?

So, I had an item returned due to insufficient address. The buyer let me know after the fact that he forgot to add his apt number. I let him know that I would refund him minus shipping when the item was back in my possession. Anyway, he opened an item never received case before the item was back in my possession and I contacted eBay and let them know what happened and what I planned to do to resolve. They ended up closing the case in my favor and said it is the buyer's responsibility to confirm the address before paying or reaching out before the seller ships. The notes on the case show he cannot leave negative feedback and that I don't have to refund him at all and that he cannot reopen the case. I called and they confirmed that is accurate. I'm still going to refund now that I have the item back. Anyone ever experience this before?
Respect for the integrity

Too bad niketalks buy and sell has been dead and buried for the past 5 years

ebay stockx goat ect ect the hell with all of them
also traditional sneaker consignment stores I believe are the next to go

now you can just go to shops and cash out

Always done BIN with payment required immediate since day 1. I participated in auctions when buying though.

I'm in California, where am I shipping it to? Shipped to NY when that was their primary location and it costed me more. I give free shipping so I need to know so I can set the proper shoe price before listing. Thanks.
I don't give free shipping for that reason...I'm in PA and if I send to California it is going to cost me more than twice as much than it would to send to NY
Ebay should just do away with auctions. It will get rid of deadbeat bidders, shill bidding, etc.
doing away w/ auctions won't get rid of deadbeat bidders...ppl will still buy and not pay

not much of a point in shill bidding since most auctions are listed with no insertion fee...they can list an item for $.01 or $1000 for the start price

I'll do free shipping on items getting authenticated because I know how much shipping will be and can work it into my pricing. Anything not getting authenticated the buyer gets to pay for shipping to wherever they are on their own.

last time I sold something through the authenticity guarantee program it was sent to a facility in Las Vegas which cost more than double what it cost to ship to the facility in Queens

I didn't check but I assume the buyer absorbed the high cost of shipping

I'm in PA

maybe it's based off of where the buyer is located, which facility it is being sent to

last time I sold something through the authenticity guarantee program it was sent to a facility in Las Vegas which cost more than double what it cost to ship to the facility in Queens

I didn't check but I assume the buyer absorbed the high cost of shipping

I'm in PA

maybe it's based off of where the buyer is located, which facility it is being sent to
So far all my stuff has gone to Queens but I will keep a lookout and add a few dollars to my listing prices this evening:lol:

looked at some of the auctions that went through authenticity and the Vegas one was the furthest west of the ones I checked...delivered to New Mexico

though Texas went to Queens facility

sold a pair friday, they were delivered and authenticated by sneakercon in vegas today
my funds wont be available til 7/16...is this normal?

Back
Top Bottom