Ebola

If you ban people traveling from heavily infected regions to the U.S., they are still free to travel to the rest of the world. They can carry and spread the infection into other countries. The people in these other countries are still free to travel to the U.S. and can spread the virus. People don't need to travel to West Africa to become infected with Ebola.

How many Ebola patients in the U.S. were nationals from the afflicted regions?
Again, i never said it would stop the spread of the virus, it will minimize the risk of the virus spreading to the US.  That's what risk management is, you never completely eliminate risk - you do your best to minimize that risk.

The only 2 americans that were infected on US soil were infected by a liberian national.  So had Duncan not been granted entry to the US, there would be zero homegrown cases of ebola.

the other nurse, amber vinson, is ebola free as of this morning by the way

hopefully some of you tin foil conspiracy theorists who wonder how come it's only white people who get cured can shut up for a while

Last edited:

If you ban people traveling from heavily infected regions to the U.S., they are still free to travel to the rest of the world. They can carry and spread the infection into other countries. The people in these other countries are still free to travel to the U.S. and can spread the virus. People don't need to travel to West Africa to become infected with Ebola.

How many Ebola patients in the U.S. were nationals from the afflicted regions?
Again, i never said it would stop the spread of the virus, it will minimize the risk of the virus spreading to the US.  That's what risk management is, you never completely eliminate risk - you do your best to minimize that risk.

The only 2 americans that were infected on US soil were infected by a liberian national.  So had Duncan not been granted entry to the US, there would be zero homegrown cases of ebola.
I just don't think anyone considers a major Ebola outbreak in the U.S. to be a big possibility. 

More people will die from the seasonal flu. 

Remember that one time when Ebola was going to kill us all?

http://gawker.com/a-monumental-achievement-liberia-declared-ebola-free-1703308317

On Saturday, the World Health Organization declared Liberia to be free of Ebola, with no new cases in the last 42 days, twice the virus’s maximum incubation period.

“We will celebrate our communities which have taken responsibility and participated in fighting this unknown enemy and finally we’ve crossed the Rubicon,” President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf told the BBC. “Liberia indeed is a happy nation.”

Damnnnnn thank god my team raw jersey in the rafters.

Well it is transmitted through fluids
I'd assume through sex was a given
Government created Ebola though

Well, I always assumed by "other bodily fluids" they meant semen, mostly lol. I see how this is cause for alarm because of the time frame (many months later), but it's not like it couldn't happen before. Also, there's this quote from that article:

“If sexual transmission from survivors were an important means of disease propagation, we would have seen a number of cases by now,” he writes.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

-342hONh

Iconic Ebola fighter dies after childbirth amid lingering stigma

https://t.co/jLBxBOuoct

Back
Top Bottom