EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
@shoeking2102
 thank you for posting the stats.  I just refuse to even acknowledge someone the best player in the league whose offense is so heavily reliant upon his teammates setting him up. 

But like, I hate having to do that because it makes one look at what KL ISNT doing, and that isn't fun to me

Like KL is GREAT at what he does man. Best olayer for a 70 win team potentially. Why do we have to say KL is better than PG? They both are having great seasons, but comparing them is just too hard and honestly, until Kawai mans an offense, you cant say KL is definitively better

In My Opinion at least

The numbers I used were used only to carry out a point that any knowledgeable basketball would be able to see from watching both of them play

lebrons last 2 and a half  games

16 points 5 rebs 5 assist 3 turnovers 
17 points 5 assist 1 reb  4 turnovers 
at the half tonight 

9 points 0 rebs 5 assist...

yeah that just screams best player in the L . :rofl:  

cut it out already. 

Lebron finished with 22 points 12 assists 5 rebounds on 53 percent shooting vs a top 6 team in the NBA.

Sucks..

Last edited:
But Why do we have to say KL is better than PG?

Because of this:

lebronkawhi.gif

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a huge PER guy, but found this interesting.

Steph and Russ both had higher PERs than Bron last season along with 4 other guys and have this season as well. KD has had a higher PER than Bron as well the last 2 full seasons he's played. Kawhi is .6 behind him right now.

Bron has regressed by his own standards, he used to be the undisputed leader of this stat from 2008-2013; averaging 30.3 PER over that span. These last 2 seasons have been much more in line with his 1st 4 seasons in the league. His atrocious perimeter shooting combined with the lack of attentiveness on the defensive end and the simultaneous ascension of the aforementioned guys putting up those near peak Bron numbers should be obvious but I guess not. This isn't 2013 anymore, that guy is gone.

The difference between Lebron and Durant PER in 2014 was .52. That was one full season.

PER isn't close to some all encompassing stat in determining who's in the argument for top players in the NBA, look at Kobe, a guy who considered a top player for a few seasons, only finished in the top 3 in PER once in his NBA career.

Last edited:
Lebron finished with 22 points 12 assists 5 rebounds on 53 percent shooting vs a top 6 team in the NBA.

Sucks..
yeah thats not best player in the league stats  

dude barely dropping 22 points.  how bout statlines from the best player in the L past 3 games. 

curry last 3 games 

25 11 7 

35 5 4

38 7 5  

checks out , yeah lebron seems better   
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I didn't say it was the end all be all. It's just the statistical dominance he once had is gone, that combined with the eye test, poor perimeter shooting, no defense, even finishing at the rim at much lower rate than in 2013 all factor into this.

Homie is a Kobe fan, tho.

We know he doesn't care about shooting %'s.

LBJ just posted like 35/13/9 in the Finals last season, :lol:

Some of ya'll need to stop.

We know you dislike dude, but c'mon.

And had his worst postseason since 2011. He also had the biggest usage rate ever in those finals and ended up with the most missed shots in history in only 6 games.

Bron is still a top 5 player, he's not the best though, you're lying to yourself saying he is.

I understand thinking Lebron is overrated or not better than some other all time great but some of y'all just take to another level....... all the time.

Its like a 5 dude rolling Lebron hate squad. Cant anything positive about Lebron James without the hate squad...."yikes"...."2-4"....."look how he missed all those shots in the NBA Finals'...."his foundation isnt really raising paying for that many students education".."I hated him since high school".... like damn :lol:

Last edited:
Bron was initially crowned the best while there was another guy that clearly had an argument to be the best in the game performance wise and was winning chips. It's the same thing now 7 and 6 years later.

It almost sounds as if some of yall are holding a grudge against Lebron because the media crowned Lebron as a better player than Kobe.

Lebron was more productive statistically and winning regular season games at an all time great rate with a far more inferior cast than Kobe was playing with at the time.

why is kobe being talked about in a thread about the best basketball player in 2016?

he's washed 

The same reason why Jordan,Magic and Bird have been mentioned in the last few pages..For comparison. The NBA didn't just begin in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom