EDIT: New Question, is LeBron the second greatest player of all time? So, has Steph Curry overtaken

Who is the best basketball player in the world?

• LeBron James

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Steph Curry

• Russell Westbrook

• Kevin Durant

• Anthony Davis

• Other

• Total voters
I'm breaking down film as we speak with the VP of basketball operations of the Portland Trail Blazers.

Afterwards we're going to Starbucks to discuss scouting reports.

I played basketball all the way up to the NCAA level.

What does all of that have to do with LeBron James NOT being the best basketball player in the world in 2016?

Not a damn thing.

Last edited:

So I want to make sure we have this right.  We can't use this season's 0-2 record to conclude that the Warriors were better than the Cavs six months ago when neither teams really changed at all.  We can't use the finals last year because the Cavs weren't "healthy".  But instead we have to use the regular season from last year when they split the series 1-1 to conclude that the Cavs would have beat the Warriors if the Cavs were in the West despite the fact that the Warriors beat the Cavs in the playoffs.  Lets throw out the 6-2 record the Warriors had against the Cavs because it doesn't fit my argument.

Yes, it is everyone else's logic that doesn't make sense.
You're missing my point man. Completely.

The reason why we can't use this season is because...I'm not talking about this season 
laugh.gif
 Like it or not, we're only like 40 or so games into this season. This season is independent of last season. 

(sigh) this all started because y'all said if they were in the west they wouldn't make it out. They were pretty good against the west last season, including against the warriors.  So, if y'all saying that they wouldn't have made it out if they were in the west, then i'm saying they would have a great shot to get out of the west, based on how they performed against the west last season. That's it. They played the Warriors in the finals and they were without two all stars. That's it.

All i'm saying is is that just like y'all think the cavs wouldn't have come out of the west, I think they could have. That's it.

I'm breaking down film as we speak with the VP of basketball operations of the Portland Trail Blazers.

Afterwards we're going to Starbucks to discuss scouting reports.

I played basketball all the way up to the NCAA level.

What does all of that have to do with LeBron James NOT being the best basketball player in the world in 2016?

Not a damn thing.
Bro if you're doing all of that then that's great. Sincerely. Wish you the best on all of your endeavors. 

I never once came at you and said you sit on the computer all day and that you think your YMCA opinions are better ours. I never took it there, you did.

I don't even think Bron is the best in the league in 2016, but he has a case and there are things that back that up. You disagree that's fine. But I never once dismissed your opinion the way you did mine. You took it to the whole credential thing.

steph won mvp last season. fact

steph beat lebron in the finals last season. fact

steph is having a better season than lebron this season. fact

steph beat lebron by 30 this season. fact

shoeking is just not okay with the level of disrespect we are giving to lebron

which is understandable without context, but this is NT and we disrespect everyone with no regard for human life 

Then what the hell is everyone arguing over?!?!
I don't know man. Y'all can't even find me saying that Bron was the best in 2016. 

All I said was that he has a case. And anytime a player is posting 25 7 & 6 for a team that's 28-11 and shooting 50% from the field, he for sure has a case for best in the League. 

And that if the cavs were in the west, it's not a sure shot that they wouldn't have came out of the west if healthy. 

shoeking does know his basketball though, I do hope that some day he achieves his dream of getting to the top of the clippers organization and telling doc to change his rotations 

Kawhi, KD, Russ all have a case for being the best. But there's only one #1 spot and to be truthful, Bron may be behind all those guys for this season.

This is Kawhi's first season REALLY doing something, but he has a case for being the best player in the world?

Again, yall treat this as an ever changing / fluctuating ranking system and it doesn't work that way.

Kawhi isn't even clear cut Top 3 at his position but now all of a sudden he has a case for best in the world?

this isnt larry vs magic in the 80s where one year magic is better and the other its larry

lebron is only going to get worse from this point on. 

he will never win another mvp or championship. 

This is Kawhi's first season REALLY doing something, but he has a case for being the best player in the world?

Again, yall treat this as an ever changing / fluctuating ranking system and it doesn't work that way.

Kawhi isn't even clear cut Top 3 at his position but now all of a sudden he has a case for best in the world?
Thank you.  

this isnt larry vs magic in the 80s where one year magic is better and the other its larry

lebron is only going to get worse from this point on. 

he will never win another mvp or championship. 
Ima let the "He will only get worse" thing slide because it's a logical thing to assume, even though it is an assumption. He's on the wrong side of 30, and probably only has two more prime years left before we see a real actual decline. Or as you like to call it, him being "washed."

However, I think him not winning another MVP or championship is a bit premature. I think a declining Lebron could avg 23, 5 & 5 and be the best player for a 58, 60 win team a few years down the line which would put him in the MVP conversation. He probably won't get another one, but it is premature. We're dealing with an all time great here. Also, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Lebron could get one or two more rings on his way out. 

How is this Kawhis first year doing something ?

Were y'all absent when he was Finals MVP and DPOY the last 2 years
laugh.gif
This is First year where KL can make a claim that he's the best in the league.

It isn't an absurd claim I guess, but there are players that are certainly better than him, and others who are arguably better. 

Actually laughing @ this being the first year KL has done something.

If the Spurs win the West dude has a legit shot @ the MVP award this year.

To go along w/ the DPOY's and Finals MVP he already has.

Actually laughing @ this being the first year KL has done something.

If the Spurs win the West dude has a legit shot @ the MVP award this year.

To go along w/ the DPOY's and Finals MVP he already has.
This is KL first year doing something to THIS level Hyper.  First time all star, so maybe what I am saying isn't as far fetched as you are trying to make it appear to be

Yes, if they win it, he would be the MVP.

This is the FIRST YEAR that you can make that statement with 100% confidence.

What is so hard to understand about that?

This is First year where KL can make a claim that he's the best in the league.

It isn't an absurd  claim I guess, but there are players that are certainly better than him, and others who are arguably better. 
Dudes are just looking for anything, I thought it was a clear statement from the jump

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom