ELDERWATSONDIGGS STORIES THREAD VOL %100 REAL

EWD you had one of "those" clearances didn't you? :nerd:

Definitely sounds like someone I wouldn't mind chopping it up with in RL since I am in the IC DoD arena as well. Majority of what you talk about is spot on and I can follow along with what you talking about. My grandfather and uncle are both REALLY into it and have been for a long time now.

You actually sound like my uncle with some of it. He is always moving around and traveling for 6 months to a year at a time, and with the training and courses that he tells me about (I know I don't know about them all), I am convinced he is a trained killer :lol: . When I was just getting into this arena he told he did HR. I told him you must fire people permanently, lol

[COLOR=#red]
Yes I have an inactive yet still current TS/SCI. I'm good up until Sept of 2015. It goes inactive after not "using" it for two uninterrupted years, but it stays current for 5 years. Confusing but all that means is that I will not have a re-investigation until it gets closer to Sept 2015. I could still get a clearance job. I don't want to though...not about that life anymore...I'm going for less adventure but more money...I'm trying to see the better side of the Middle East...no more conflict zones and living in huge tents.

Yes it would be cool...when I was in the DC/MD/VA area I chopped it up with two NT'ers. All we were missing was a summit.
[/COLOR]

So shakes all day until dinner? You on herbalife? :lol: I wish I had the mental strength to follow through with things like that, just feel like if I have to that it's not worth it

[COLOR=#red]

:lol: Well it wasn't that bad, those shakes kinda filled me up. But I'd hate on people eating real meals :rofl:
[/COLOR]

EWD you had one of "those" clearances didn't you?
nerd.gif

Definitely sounds like someone I wouldn't mind chopping it up with in RL since I am in the IC DoD arena as well. Majority of what you talk about is spot on and I can follow along with what you talking about. My grandfather and uncle are both REALLY into it and have been for a long time now.

You actually sound like my uncle with some of it. He is always moving around and traveling for 6 months to a year at a time, and with the training and courses that he tells me about (I know I don't know about them all), I am convinced he is a trained killer
laugh.gif
. When I was just getting into this arena he told he did HR. I told him you must fire people permanently, lol

Yes I have an inactive yet still current TS/SCI. I'm good up until Sept of 2015. It goes inactive after not "using" it for two uninterrupted years, but it stays current for 5 years. Confusing but all that means is that I will not have a re-investigation until it gets closer to Sept 2015. I could still get a clearance job. I don't want to though...not about that life anymore...I'm going for less adventure but more money...I'm trying to see the better side of the Middle East...no more conflict zones and living in huge tents.

Yes it would be cool...when I was in the DC/MD/VA area I chopped it up with two NT'ers. All we were missing was a summit.
That's what's up. I just turned my SF in a month ago to get renewed for another 5
smile.gif
. Like said though being closer to the NoVA area, it is golden to have it around here.

That's what's up. I just turned my SF in a month ago to get renewed for another 5 :smile: . Like said though being closer to the NoVA area, it is golden to have it around here.

[COLOR=#red]
Exactly bro...a TS in the NoVA DC area without a job means you just aren't trying...even if that means being a security guard at a TS facility. When I first started working as a fed gov't employee there were security guards contractors making WAAAY more than me, and I was supposed to have the important job...but funny thing was they were trying to transition to the gov't side for the job security.

But anyway you're doing something good being you have a TS...props to you my dude.
[/COLOR]

:lol:

- Hey guise. I'm cool... AND... I have proof

- Awesome! Lets see!

- Here ya go guise!

- That's pretty neat, but you aren't cool enough...

- YES I AM! Look!

- That's pretty neat, but you still aren't that neat...

- You guise are meanies... I'm not your friend anymore! No more story time!

- Wait! I'll be your friend!

- Ok then.. I'll tell you stories then.

:lol:

Neat thread, boss.

Last edited:
Exactly bro...a TS in the NoVA DC area without a job means you just aren't trying...even if that means being a security guard at a TS facility. When I first started working as a fed gov't employee there were security guards contractors making WAAAY more than me, and I was supposed to have the important job...but funny thing was they were trying to transition to the gov't side for the job security.

But anyway you're doing something good being you have a TS...props to you my dude.
Exactly how my uncle I referenced started. He worked the gate at one of those buildings/agencies. Took some criminal justice classes at GMU and made the move to the inside once he got to know the people. Doesn't hurt that my grandfather has been on some projects and has some stuff in the museum of this place as well though
laugh.gif

They both always ask me if I have thought about making the transition to a government employee, but I tell them I will think about it when I am ready for that. Contracting money is too nice and I like the ability to up and go somewhere else if I am not liking what is going on. My grandfather even retired and is back double dipping as a contractor now too up here, lol. Talking about he going until he 70 because nobody else going to pay him to do what does now back home in the country.

@DJosey out there in Ohio or in the DMV area?

As far as gov't ones, I only see the ones that they send out in email. Those are normally for current gov't people before they hit the wires in case someone in house is interested in one of them. Sometimes they will have them open for everyone. I can check and see if they have anything lately. The only thing right now I know of were 2 pretty high level management government positions here (1 was a supervisory GS-13 and another was a GS-15 Division Chief position).

Contractor-wise I can see what we have open depending on location and what types of positions you looking for. You already have a clearance of some sort or you need to be sponsored initially to get it?

Shoot me a PM. Don't wanna jack EWD thread
laugh.gif

@DJosey out there in Ohio or in the DMV area?

As far as gov't ones, I only see the ones that they send out in email. Those are normally for current gov't people before they hit the wires in case someone in house is interested in one of them. Sometimes they will have them open for everyone. I can check and see if they have anything lately. The only thing right now I know of were 2 pretty high level management government positions here (1 was a supervisory GS-13 and another was a GS-15 Division Chief position).

Contractor-wise I can see what we have open depending on location and what types of positions you looking for. You already have a clearance of some sort or you need to be sponsored initially to get it?

Shoot me a PM. Don't wanna jack EWD thread
laugh.gif
PM'ed! 

Last edited:
I can keep an eye out for you also. Just PM me for info. I have a clearance as well.

[COLOR=#red]How many of y'all in here are blue badgers, and how many of y'all are green badgers. No explanation needed.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
The struggle between contractor and gov.t is so hard. Money vs job security 
eyes.gif

Last edited:
I currently have 2 Secret clearances (different agencies). I will be starting my TS/SCI clearance process in a few months (green badge) for my first job upon graduation in December. I am a future blue badger though, just praying and speaking it into existence. The wait is unbearable :x . 

The struggle between contractor and gov.t is so hard. Money vs job security :rolleyes

[COLOR=#red]I hear you bro...Contracting is very lucrative of course, and most of the time y'all did similar jobs if not the same as gov't. Gov't has the security and perks. Gov't is more strict too...it's hard to get a gov't NOW without at least a bachelors and they really prefer a Masters. I say now because it wasn't always so stringent. One of the best perk of Gov't as far as the IC goes is the "IC Passport".
[/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Here is something I wrote in the Grad student thread about getting on with the Gov't..well at least the IC side...the Gov't has many non defense related positions as well like the Dept of Transportation, or Dept of Education...[/COLOR]

People ask how I got into the Feds with just a Bachelors, when there are people with Masters Degrees and military experience that can't get in...well it was because I wasn't afraid to move. Right after school I got an internship with the Environmental Protection Agency...while there I networked and met a dude who had connecs...he asked me if I would move to Huntsville AL to work for a defense contractor because his buddy was recruiting...long story short in 3 weeks I relocated to Huntsville and started as a defense contractor...that then led to me going to Iraq with Special Operations, which then led me to getting a job with the Feds as a Fed Gov't employee doing stuff I can't talk about for the rest of my life :lol: But all that started because I wasn't afraid to move to a place I've never been for a job.

Like Ace Hood said you gotta Hustle Hard, no excuses. Just imagine where your boys could be career wise had they taken the positions.

Another thing guys, don't be so married to where you are at the time...Ok so there's no place like home, or you may be in the most exciting city (NYC), but sometimes you gotta make that sacrifice and go to a school that's not in your state, or take a job in Bumf***k Tennessee to get your foot in the door. You cannot have everything exactly when you want it...it's too tight out here. That's all I got for now.

I hear you bro...Contracting is very lucrative of course, and most of the time y'all did similar jobs if not the same as gov't. Gov't has the security and perks. Gov't is more strict too...it's hard to get a gov't NOW without at least a bachelors and they really prefer a Masters. I say now because it wasn't always so stringent. One of the best perk of Gov't as far as the IC goes is the "IC Passport".
What's the IC passport? Man honestly both are hard right now if you are trying to obtain a TS/SCI w/ polygraph. Defense Contractors are not sponsoring them right now, guy called me last week saying he would hire me asap, but I don't have the clearance and their customer isn't sponsoring 
mean.gif
. With gov't in undergrad/bachelor's its all about busting your a** with internships thats how my friends got into the IC under the age of 21.

Last edited:
[COLOR=#red]I'm not going to ruin the suprise for you Beezy. When I got read-on is when they told us about it. Also if your job requires it you'll get a NATO clearance as well. All it takes is to get read-on...no big deal...just more caveats added to your TS. It's good stuff man..makes you feel special.[/COLOR]

Son's mathematic calculations are shakier than Foxy Brown's math in "Affirmative Action"

EWD is the real deal Holyfield. Word to mommy. I seen it, like a 27 inch zenith, believe it.

More Stories please

Son's mathematic calculations are shakier than Foxy Brown's math in "Affirmative Action"

EWD is the real deal Holyfield. Word to mommy. I seen it, like a 27 inch zenith, believe it.

More Stories please

What ever happened to Shay Davis? I remember him being on every damn Smack DVD back in the day.

Back
Top Bottom