Elementary School Shooting: Newtown, Connecticut. 28 confirmed dead, 18 were children

?

I'm not an advocate for gun control, but this isn't a memorial for the family of the victims, no one is an NTer

when and where is "the right time" to talk about the surrounding issues?

Exactly. This is absolutely the time to talk about gun control. It would be disrespectful not to.

Let's not derail this thread please. I'm absolutely disgusted right now.

If you plan on trolling or derailing the topic of this thread, you will be banned.

If you feel like discussing gun laws, please feel free to hit the link. Good looking cguy610

http://niketalk.com/t/517148/do-you-know-anyone-who-has-used-a-gun-for-self-defense

Peace

Last edited:
man humanity has sunk to a new low....it's always that one person that has to ruin it for everyone...who knows how i would react if i was a parent

The sad thing is that these loonies had gfs, parents, siblings, grew up in safe environments and they throw all of that away. We really need places like that institution in Shutter Island to take these "mental cases" in. 

I just wish that they could've have been stopped from shooting themselves, so that we could get answers and use the full force of the law to procure justice. 

Last edited:
I am so disgusted by what happened...kids? How can you raise a gun at a kid and pull that trigger?

On another note, I have some people talking on my facebook about how they suspect the government is behind this. Saying stuff that because Obama is trying to ban semi-automatic guns and the only way he can get them banned is for more and more accidents like this to happen. Pointing out that all the incidents like this over the past year have all been done by the work of semi-automatic weapons. Then they are going on to say that by taking away that second amendment, they will be able to further take advantage of our rights and change the whole bill of rights.

Those people... :smh:

"First grade teacher Kaitlin Roig, 29, locked her 14 students in a class bathroom and listened to "tons of shooting" until police came to help.

"It was horrific," Roig said. "I thought we were going to die."

She said that the terrified kids were saying, "I just want Christmas…I don't want to die. I just want to have Christmas."

:frown:

Ugh. Makes me queasy reading **** like this. |I

No kid deserves to go to school, in a place to learn, going about their business, only to be shot and have lived a short life. RIP younglings. 

That's it. I'm going to invest in a kevlar vest. Life isn't fair. I'm 24 and consider myself young, but some of these kids only had 5-10 years of life on this earth.

Last edited:
I am so disgusted by what happened...kids? How can you raise a gun at a kid and pull that trigger?

On another note, I have some people talking on my facebook about how they suspect the government is behind this. Saying stuff that because Obama is trying to ban semi-automatic guns and the only way he can get them banned is for more and more accidents like this to happen. Pointing out that all the incidents like this over the past year have all been done by the work of semi-automatic weapons. Then they are going on to say that by taking away that second amendment, they will be able to further take advantage of our rights and change the whole bill of rights.

Those people...
mean.gif
The fact that the nothing is going to change should be proof to those tards that the government isn't behind ****

Last edited:
My prayers & condolences to the family/friends of those 20 children @ Sandy Hook Elementary School. Your children had their whole lives ahead of them; taken away by a f***** up individual that wasn't man enough to seek help for HIS problems. You're headed to Heaven now though, which has to be better than this Hell on Earth we currently have. Rest In Peace

I think it's important to speak more about the current state of mental health and the views of society in this country. Coming from someone who is studying to become a Psychiatrist, I've dealt with some serious cases at the hospital. A lot of the public isn't aware of what really goes on in the minds of some of these individuals. If they see something out of the ordinary they automatically label them as crazy. Like Dr. Drew mentioned earlier on CNN more people need to be aware of their mental health and should go speak with a mental health professional. There must have been clear cut explanations for his behavior but were simply overlooked by his family and community. One other thing that stuck out for me was the killing of the school psychologist and principle. I don't know what there relationship they had with the individual but they knew something of great value.

Lil kids though?

**** this N'...

...have you any idea the trauma and psychological damage he's just caused to the kids that survived?

That's the kinda **** some adults don't even get over, let alone the little homies...

...and what are you gonna do with that school? Open it back up after Christmas break? Yeah right.

So in addition to priceless lives, now we've lost a perfectly good elementary school too...

...well Happy Holidays to you too mutha ****. :rolleyes

I think it's important to speak more about the current state of mental health and the views of society in this country. Coming from someone who is studying to become a Psychiatrist, I've dealt with some serious cases at the hospital. A lot of the public isn't aware of what really goes on in the minds of some of these individuals. If they see something out of the ordinary they automatically label them as crazy. Like Dr. Drew mentioned earlier on CNN more people need to be aware of their mental health and should go speak with a mental health professional. There must have been clear cut explanations for his behavior but were simply overlooked by his family and community. One other thing that stuck out for me was the killing of the school psychologist and principle. I don't know what there relationship they had with the individual but they knew something of great value.
Are there all of a sudden more mentally ill people in the US (on a % basis) than 50 years ago?

The difference today is the widespread closure of mental institutions and high prescription rate of psychoactives/ antidepressants among teens/young adults.

Furthermore, a lot of middle class and upper middle class kids are coddled nowadays. There's no discipline in the household on the one hand the child doesn't learn how to cope with stressful situations on the other (instances of discipline for children are stressful situations).

Fast forward and not only do these kids have zero discipline but they don't know how to react if something doesn't go their way. Mix in some prescription psychoactives and you have a very unstable person. 

However, all we'll have is talk of guns, guns, guns in the media because the gun industry is not a significant source of revenue for the media. When's the last time you saw a gun ad on TV? On the other hand there'll be little to no discussion of Big Pharma because of the ad revenue that they bring in for the media industry. 

Last edited:
its time to DO SOMETHING. Like really? Why can i buy a ar-15 at my local DIXKS???

Last edited:
I haven't read any of this thread. Just a few thoughts.

I just had a child, Finn, in July. He was premature and diagnosed with a heart condition that will require open heart surgery. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when. He's a healthy boy and will be healthy as long as we stay on top of his condition and surgery goes well. Today's news guts me. With all of the uncertainty surrounding my son's future health, I'm already considerably more paranoid than I probably should be. When I heard about the shooting I instantly became more enraged than I have ever possibly been. School is safe. When you load your kids onto the bus or drop them off, you fully expect to see them whenever school is over. The damage this guy did today reaches far beyond the death toll. He not only robbed these families of their children, he also robbed a nation of parents of their peace of mind. He didn't just take away the lives of these children, he devastated their classmate's livelihood. As if teachers, bullies, and tests weren't enough of a reason for kids to not want to go to school, this ******* made school a place to fear. Not just for the kids at that school either, but kids in school everywhere.

I'm already not looking forward to the next few weeks of news coverage surrounding the shooting. These tragedies seem to bring out the worst in people. Inevitably people on both sides of the gun law issue will pontificate in hypotheticals, what could have happened if more people were armed or what wouldn't have happened if one wasn't. It gets tiring. Instead of **** like this leading to proper conversation, you have people just beating their side's drum...both side's using a body count to make their point....neither side caring how it sounds. Say it louder, it'll carry more weight.

Ani Difranco had a nice little lyric in a Columbine era song called "To The Teeth." It's kind of flippant, but nice nonetheless.

"If I hear one more time, about a fool's right to his tools of rage
I'm gonna take all my friends and I'm going to move to Canada
And we're going to die of old age"

Are there all of a sudden more mentally ill people in the US (on a % basis) than 50 years ago?

The difference today is the widespread closure of mental institutions and high prescription rate of psychoactives/ antidepressants to teens/young adults.

Word. I worry about all these over medicated kiddies playing COD everyday for years on end.

I hear some of these dudes getting super hostile, cussing out their parents all over the mic. I'm like what kind of person is this kid gonna grow up to be

Yo, this is some bs.. I know one of the kids that was killed, and I can't even explain the emotions right now.. The family is in shock.. Even I'm going crazy, I don't even know what to say to help them out. I'm at a lost for words my bros... Damn... :frown:

This the society we live in. It's messed up how this went down, but the truth is this is an everyday thing now.

Yo, this is some bs.. I know one of the kids that was killed, and I can't even explain the emotions right now.. The family is in shock.. Even I'm going crazy, I don't even know what to say to help them out. I'm at a lost for words my bros... Damn...
frown.gif
Sorry to hear that fam. I wouldnt know what to say or how to react
ohwell.gif

My condolences

Back
Top Bottom