Emerald Griffey Max I's For the Summer! (EDIT Pic Up)

@EddieWinslow ay man them griffey Jrs is tough i must say, i think they look better personally and as far as comfort the griffey retro cant compare. but its an og color and stuff so u kno what ppl are gonna pick. now if the griffey jr was the og thnn...........and there u have it LOL

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

Originally Posted by EddieWinslow

I passed on these and copped the Freshwater Max Jrs instead....

30t6p3b.gif
to each their own tho.
Paul Roma over Ric Flair? 

Never.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

eww those mariners replica fitteds are garbage. the OG 100% wool grey underbrim fitted ftw
pimp.gif

are these kicks in FSRs in NYC? i'm there in about 2 weeks and looking to scoop em.

26294_1309996004148_1658040604_1168739_2867519_n.jpg

can i please be pointed to where i can find this fitted 71/2 please?

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

eww those mariners replica fitteds are garbage. the OG 100% wool grey underbrim fitted ftw
pimp.gif

are these kicks in FSRs in NYC? i'm there in about 2 weeks and looking to scoop em.

26294_1309996004148_1658040604_1168739_2867519_n.jpg

can i please be pointed to where i can find this fitted 71/2 please?

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by BOOMshipit

loved how these shoes look but for some reason they dont look right on me.SMH
they don't.....these are one of my favorite shoes.  I have multiple og's.  I just like the quality and the shape of the go better .  The green is brighter on the retro, more of an eagle green than a blueish green.    It just feels cheap.  I still copped so I can have after my go pairs give away.  http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/standup_ent/?action=view&current=photo-2.jpg
Comparison pics please?
nerd.gif
OK I WILL POST LATER....I mean its not bad for a retro....not like the dt max....the sole  is different....its more glossy.  The shoe goes up higher and more at a slant.   the material they used if different.   Like the used the freshwater material....I hate the suede on the green part.. feels cheap..wish they kept the back out line red....all minor stuff...I guess I'm complaining because these are my favorite shoes outside of j.

Originally Posted by JordanHead718212

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by BOOMshipit

loved how these shoes look but for some reason they dont look right on me.SMH
they don't.....these are one of my favorite shoes.  I have multiple og's.  I just like the quality and the shape of the go better .  The green is brighter on the retro, more of an eagle green than a blueish green.    It just feels cheap.  I still copped so I can have after my go pairs give away.  http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/standup_ent/?action=view&current=photo-2.jpg
Comparison pics please?
nerd.gif
OK I WILL POST LATER....I mean its not bad for a retro....not like the dt max....the sole  is different....its more glossy.  The shoe goes up higher and more at a slant.   the material they used if different.   Like the used the freshwater material....I hate the suede on the green part.. feels cheap..wish they kept the back out line red....all minor stuff...I guess I'm complaining because these are my favorite shoes outside of j.

Finally got ahold of these recently, quite pleased with them. Thanks again bro 
wink.gif

20ztvu8.jpg

Already made a minor adjustment 
nerd.gif
 Much better:

rc6heh.jpg

Finally got ahold of these recently, quite pleased with them. Thanks again bro 
wink.gif

20ztvu8.jpg

Already made a minor adjustment 
nerd.gif
 Much better:

rc6heh.jpg

These sell out around anyone? Still got tons at my FTL, wish I would have gotten an 8.5 though, these run SUPER tight

These sell out around anyone? Still got tons at my FTL, wish I would have gotten an 8.5 though, these run SUPER tight

Thanks fellas. I used my garden craft paint marker (the skinniest size at the top). It's the red one that looks almost infrared when it dries, that people were using on their varsity red VIs a while back. I have used them to touch up infra 90s and have customized some other shoes with them in the past.
picture-6.jpg

I had hoped it would be just a touch darker than infrared since it was going over the emerald stitching, and it turned out just right. Really close to the color on the tongue tab. It definitely wanted to soak in and run at first, so I had to go really slow and stay away from the inside edge. Once the first couple quick coats dried and I was putting paint on paint, it began to finally show the color. Then I gradually worked closer to the edge of the white. It took some time (probably 7 or 8 coats) and I wouldn't recommend it for those not comfortable with freehanding stuff like this. It wouldn't be hard at all to screw up some nice Griffs 
laugh.gif
 I thought I had when I first started and it soaked in and turned the stitching almost black. I'm very pleased with the outcome though. 

Now just waiting on some supplies to move forward with them...

Thanks fellas. I used my garden craft paint marker (the skinniest size at the top). It's the red one that looks almost infrared when it dries, that people were using on their varsity red VIs a while back. I have used them to touch up infra 90s and have customized some other shoes with them in the past.
picture-6.jpg

I had hoped it would be just a touch darker than infrared since it was going over the emerald stitching, and it turned out just right. Really close to the color on the tongue tab. It definitely wanted to soak in and run at first, so I had to go really slow and stay away from the inside edge. Once the first couple quick coats dried and I was putting paint on paint, it began to finally show the color. Then I gradually worked closer to the edge of the white. It took some time (probably 7 or 8 coats) and I wouldn't recommend it for those not comfortable with freehanding stuff like this. It wouldn't be hard at all to screw up some nice Griffs 
laugh.gif
 I thought I had when I first started and it soaked in and turned the stitching almost black. I'm very pleased with the outcome though. 

Now just waiting on some supplies to move forward with them...

I slept on these hard, then copped the air max jr's over them. After coming to my senses, I was able to double up on eastbay this week. Not a bad shoe at all. I did go up a .5 size. Now I have to find the Red's colorway.

I slept on these hard, then copped the air max jr's over them. After coming to my senses, I was able to double up on eastbay this week. Not a bad shoe at all. I did go up a .5 size. Now I have to find the Red's colorway.

Back
Top Bottom