Encyclopedia of Air Jordan sneakers - KICKSTARTER

Djeez..it's been a good while since my last visit to this forum.
Don't know if this topic has already been covered, couldn't find anything about through search so here goes.

On kickstarter there is project to create the most complete Jordan Brand book to date. It's going to be a 502 page hardcover book with nothing but awesome images of, hopefully, every released Jordan to date.
Check it out here:

http://bit.ly/AirJordanBook

View media item 1181249View media item 1181250

See you!

Sole collector did something similar in an issue a while back (3/4 years ago).. Was pretty cool and I always like seeing the history, plus there usually are a few pairs that I missed seeing somehow so a nice refresher..

Saw this a few weeks ago, and i'd definitely like to have a book like this. :nerd:

nice

so probably like 200 pages of aj1s
It's 500+ pages. Including a gallery of every single brand Jordan shoe ever released. IMO , this is something every Jordan head should own. I backed the project for 2 copies of the book.

View media item 1181793
It really does look like an amazing book, and something any collector should have.

$45 for the softcover and $60 for the hardcover...:nerd: I'm gonna think on it, because this book would be great, but I really don't need it necessarily.

These books/magazines always seem like a good idea... But I can get everything on the internet now

It's like buying an encyclopedia... Who does that anymore?

These books/magazines always seem like a good idea... But I can get everything on the internet now

It's like buying an encyclopedia... Who does that anymore?

Its more of a collectors item. Print wouldn't be an effective medium for covering Jordans or their release dates. So this is more of a documented history of all the brand Jordan shoes up until this date.

The author said he will cover up to the 29th shoe.
i saw it, although i support it, i feel like JB pumps out so many new cws (especially 1s) that it will be missing quite a few by this time next year

since no one is going to buy the same updated book every year, maybe later on they can make the book where one can add pages... then release periodical patch updates for a smaller fee
happy.gif
so its complete... not very realistic.. just a thought

Last edited:
This project seems to be "funded"...Does that mean I can no longer buy it?

That seems counter-intuitive though...Can I buy on Amazon or something similar?

This project seems to be "funded"...Does that mean I can no longer buy it?

That seems counter-intuitive though...Can I buy on Amazon or something similar?
Well , that means that the orders for the first print are closed. So now the project starter has to fulfill orders for the backers. At this point you wont be able to purchase it. But i'm more than sure that he will do a retail release of this book. Because he got almost 3 times his goal for the project. That shows that there is a BIG demand for this encyclopedia. So , if I were you I wouldn't worry because probably sometime next year we'll see a retail release of this book. The only think you have missed out on was a chance to have your name in the book as a benefactor and to have had your picture in the book.

Last edited:

i saw it, although i support it, i feel like JB pumps out so many new cws (especially 1s) that it will be missing quite a few by this time next year

since no one is going to buy the same updated book every year, maybe later on they can make the book where one can add pages... then release periodical patch updates for a smaller fee
happy.gif
so its complete... not very realistic.. just a thought
I agree. But I don't think that was the purpose of this book. This is pretty much like the nike book Sole Provider. But this book gives you a much more detailed history of every air Jordan shoe up to this point. Its going to have a TON of photos of every sneaker and colorway released ( and some that weren't released to the public ).

I's enjoy this a lot!  Jumpman Bostic helped out with this book. He's awesome.

Last edited:
@MarselluS23  

Thanks for sharing! 

I'll be on the lookout for this book. Hopefully there will be a retail release in the near future.

So does anyone know if we can find this somehwere to buy ?

Or only fund givers got its first print out ?

So does anyone know if we can find this somehwere to buy ?

Or only fund givers got its first print out ?

According to the author its a 1 shot deal. Unless you brought it through kickstarter, it won't be available anywhere else.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom