engagement /marriage thread.

This is how I feel man, especially in 2018 where it seems like everything HAS to be on broadcast tv (Or it didn't happen)

^^ For me, I wanted to document it to always remember that special moment and look back at it.

Who knows how we'll change in the future, so I'd like to be able to remember the day as it was.

But I can definitely see why some people would want to keep it intimate. I am a private person generally speaking, but I am sure glad I did hire a photographer.

I would've done photos for mine but I had no clue when or where I would do it when my girl and I went to Italy last year. We took a selfie post proposal though, captured the setting I wanted. She was hella happy, thats all that really matters :lol:

^^ For me, I wanted to document it to always remember that special moment and look back at it.

Who knows how we'll change in the future, so I'd like to be able to remember the day as it was.

But I can definitely see why some people would want to keep it intimate. I am a private person generally speaking, but I am sure glad I did hire a photographer.

Same here, it was a special moment for us that we were able to capture and can revisit.

We also were able to capture the pure joy and excitement on her face afterward during the second part of the shoot.

For me:

Proposed in Paris. She has never been to Europe and I used to live outside of London for work. So I took her for a London/Paris Trip.

No cameras, just some selfies before and after. I proposed at the Ponts des Arts bridge in Paris. The idea was to place our locks at the love lock bridge and "surprise" her with the proposal while the Eiffel tower lit up at 10 pm. Of course, she kinda had a hunch that I was proposing some time in the trip. Definitely one of best and happiest times in my life.

In terms of cost, I spent a lot on the ring. However, I am in tech and I am an options trader on the side, so I am fortunate to have the funds.

For my NT brethens out there, it doesn't matter how much you spend, as long as you do your best for her, she is happy and she appreciates all the things you do for her.

Last edited:
I don't understand how bruhs are still getting married, when a woman can take everything you have if she decides she's bored with you.

Hope he got P & neck on the spot. That kinda effort deserves instant gratification.

we carrying bibles on our hikes now?

Fxws9D1.png
Fxws9D1.png

Gonna start helping plan a bachelor party soon. Took me a few weeks to recover from the last one. I need to prepare for all the drinking and strippers.

Wassup guys,

When touring venues for a reception and or ceremony,

What are some questions you asked, some concerns, etc.

we went to one venue to look, and honestly didn’t have a lot of questions to ask.

What are somethings you wish you had or could do away with on your wedding day.

Again this is all new to me.

Also I’m asking from a guys point of view. I could easily ask all my girl cousins or friends but their opinion would always be biased.

DadNboujee DadNboujee When we went to look at venues, my girl asked all the questions tbh. Hard to think of things on the spot, so have a list prepared.

Capacity, minumum spend, in house catering or 3rd party, do menu prices increase annually, if so, by how much? Do they allow real flowers or confetti to be thrown? Some places are real anal about that **** :lol: Some places have awful seating, so we asked if they allow 3rd party vendors to provide chairs etc. Some things I somewhat remembered from when we went before.

imo, having your ceremony done at the venue (if it's possible) is so much better. I personally disliked going to a ceremony at one location, and having to go home immediately after for a few hours before heading to the reception. That's how it's done traditionally anyway. If you decide to go this route, ask if there is a room flip fee (Venue will remove all ceremony things, and bring in all your tables, chairs and other things to set up)

Our wedding will be ceremony, followed by cocktail hour at the same location. We decided to have a less formal wedding with less people, so our cocktail hour is extended with food stations, no sit down dinner. All outdoors so I'm praying for good weather. We invited people we want to be there (close family and friends that we actually speak to), not people our parents wanted there.

Hope this helps.

I'm an usher at the church ceremony in my homie's wedding
What's an appropriate amount for a wedding gift?
$300-400 cash?

I'm an usher at the church ceremony in my homie's wedding
What's an appropriate amount for a wedding gift?
$300-400 cash?

Bro that’s a major gift. $100 is fine if you’re rolling solo. $200 if you’re bringing a date.

Bro that’s a major gift. $100 is fine if you’re rolling solo. $200 if you’re bringing a date.

Talked to him, he said the cost per person was ~$200
He could've been lying, but he's the homie who got me a job at his company when I was unemployed for a year
And I'm going solo

Back
Top Bottom