Engagement Vol: Its Time

Yeah I think it's "supposed" to be 3 months of take home pay.

What's hilarious is how girls take this statement from their own side. They are like "It's only three months pay!".

I say just do it according to your budget. If she is the right one, she'll just be happy you purposed.

My ex wanted me to spend between 15-20 on her rock...

I was like that's 1/4 of what you owe for that degree hanging on the wall :rofl:

^you guys are silly if this is your train of thought. And I never said ask, I said have a sit down. No respect.

Respect?....that was a sign of respect and relief! Dude was happy as hell his daughter was set for life with a stand up dude and he knew he had nothing to worry about her getting stranded with a deadbeat or some loser...lol

You have to get a new ring once you get married for 10 year mark?!

I thought that's when guys get hall pass and 3somes

Everything has a price as they say.

tiffany is a rip bruh. as someone already said, you paying for the name. or people who just dont know how to take time to learn. but i guess if your woman NEEDS to have a tiffany and you got the $$$$, no one stopping you.

i guess same goes for a Cartier?

i might get flamed out here, but yall check out COSTCO???? yes COSTCO. if you have a local warehouse, they have rings there. if you've already done your resesarch, youll understand all the wording on the label next to the price. costco (at least my local warehouses) only sells the better quality stuff. so you won't find diamonds here with a low grade/clarity. i forgot the lowest, but basically everything is good. also everything last i checked is always PLATINUM band. so f the gold or white gold, you getting platinum son! everything certified etc. and well. its costco. give them a shot. they actually do have a good selection from different price ranges. even some over $10K+ if you really want. but for sure would cost more outside for the same ring.

my homie was talking about proposing and i recommended he check out costco, he brushed it off cause his girl is all into brands and living beyond means and wants as mentioned tiffany, cartier or name brand jewelry store ish. has no idea what rings are about and the rating/clarity etc. i just SMH bruhs. feel bad for him lol. i want to tell him to just ignore her. it aint gonna say COSTCO inside the band or KIRKLAND lol

you have to find the perfect balance of your budget, size, clarity and any flaws. sometimes you are lucky you can find a big diamond but its cheap because there is a flaw but once its on the setting you cant even see it, then thats that. oh i didnt get mine at costco btw, but i certainly wouldve, as they were in the price range.

good luck to yall in the hunt for the ring.

Last edited:
You have to get a new ring once you get married for 10 year mark?!

I thought that's when guys get hall pass and 3somes

Everything has a price as they say.

Welcome to the millennial world. My mom took one vacation her whole life as a kid. I broker her record 10 times over and she thinks I spend way too much on unnecessary things. I don't even think I have heard of upgrading rings every so many years but I wouldn't be surprised if it was a standard in the future.

LOL @ a new ring at 10 years. My wife isn't getting a damn thing besides a 10 year anniversary gift. :lol:

And to the dudes starting out in this marriage thing, if your girl is overly concerned with what you spend on a ring and its size, RUN AWAY FAST.

LOL @ a new ring at 10 years. My wife isn't getting a damn thing besides a 10 year anniversary gift. :lol:

And to the dudes starting out in this marriage thing, if your girl is overly concerned with what you spend on a ring and its size, RUN AWAY FAST.

Hey man...what makes you think is about her, she's not forcing me to do anything...I want to do it...lol

I enjoy gifting her and 10 years married, almost 20 together is a damb great milestone...why the hell not

^ It's all good bro....not knocking it. Do whatever makes you and her happy. :pimp:

Personally, I can't see upgrading her ring. But that's just me.

Hey man...what makes you think is about her, she's not forcing me to do anything...I want to do it...lol

I enjoy gifting her and 10 years married, almost 20 together is a damb great milestone...why the hell not

I think it's super sweet!

I'm with y'all on that^^ You should know your girl at that point pretty well, I fumbled through that question myself, like is she just saying that? She's from OC as well that place is a big bubble, not in a bad way but just different than where and how I grew up. But nope she was adamant she didn't want me to spend more than 4-5 she rather have it in savings.

Last edited:
I'm with y'all on that^^ You should know your girl at that point pretty well, I fumbled through that question myself, like is she just saying that? She's from OC as well that place is a big bubble, not in a bad way but just different than where and how I grew up. But nope she was adamant she didn't want me to spend more than 4-5 she rather have it in savings.

Nice! My wife is the same way. she would rather spend the money renovating our house + vacations.

My buddies wife works retail but wants a 10-15k ring :x

Some people don't know how to live within their means.

that 1 and 1.5 ct, are those just the size of the center diamond, or are we talking the total carats on the entire ring. so more so CTW or TDW (just means the total carat). those type of rings with all the little diamonds around, it seems normal as far as price. its usually a bunch of small diamonds and even the center diamond is like half carat. and the entire ring totals up to 1 or 1.5 ct.

you'll start seeing the price jump when you ask to see a ring with a 1+ ct center diamond (not including counting any of the carats on the setting/ring itself)
you can still find rings with a main diamond of 1ct+ but usually from what ive seen is cause the grade/clarity are low.

Total Carat Weight is what it is.
that 1 and 1.5 ct, are those just the size of the center diamond, or are we talking the total carats on the entire ring. so more so CTW or TDW (just means the total carat). those type of rings with all the little diamonds around, it seems normal as far as price. its usually a bunch of small diamonds and even the center diamond is like half carat. and the entire ring totals up to 1 or 1.5 ct.

you'll start seeing the price jump when you ask to see a ring with a 1+ ct center diamond (not including counting any of the carats on the setting/ring itself)
you can still find rings with a main diamond of 1ct+ but usually from what ive seen is cause the grade/clarity are low.

Total Carat weight

Perfect Husband KSTEEZY

Pretty much

Works for him fine

I don't think you need to do that anniversary present/vacation is what i know real life off NT folks have done.

3 months pay for ring isn't new I've heard that many times also

Nice! My wife is the same way. she would rather spend the money renovating our house + vacations.

My buddies wife works retail but wants a 10-15k ring :x

Some people don't know how to live within their means.

Because you guys are practical and have practical women

Good for you guys[emoji]10071[/emoji]️

I got about a year before I pop the question but I'm taking notes. Gonna need some tips and that NT support.

i met my girl in July. Next month i will start putting away bread for her ring. She turns 28 next year and if i do propose it wont be until shes 30.

Back
Top Bottom