Epic Fail ! ~ The Air Jordan 2009 about to set record low sales

Well Peeps.....

The weekend sale numbers will be almost in and it appears Jordan Consumers have FINALLY spoken with their wallets.

The Air Jordan 2009 appears to have the worst sales numbers in the last 5 years for a launch of their signature shoe.

It is obviously hoped that sales numbers will pick up as future colorways release...

But it is clear that when you release a Product that looks to the untrained eye, to be a Reebok product worth HALF the price. Jordan fans will not swallow the190 price tag !

( Hell, in the 5 years I have been here, I don't recall a Air Jordan launch without a sticky )

Now, what Brand Jordan needs to admit. Is that due to poor quality products ( CDP packs ! )
and lack of inspiration behind final designs. That the consumer will not eat whatever they "poop" out.

I bet the easy way out that will be taken " it's the economy " - yes it's true, the economy has played a role. Butttttt ! take ownershipJB in what lack lustre product you have released.

Ahhh. Hope lies ahead ~ Air Jordan 25th anniversary !

Amen. It's not really even the fact that the economy's bad (well, it actually is) but its more or less the fact JB release such a BAD shoe for such aHIGH price

LOL At least the last Sig Sneaker was GREAT which justified the price tag but I wouldnt but those unless its around 100$ F that 190 plus tax price tax 210$ CANKISS MY %%$

With this economy i'm not sure why they made the MSRP go up. the 185 price tag on the 23s were rough but another 10 bucks.. Wishful thinking for jb

well someone summed up jordan 2009's before....
64gmfr.jpg

a babyj siting....times must be bad to get you to post some stuff for us.....any chance in hell you can confirm some of the other releases this year? or shedosme lights on future colorways?

Good to see you posting Baby J! Anyone know how the other releases JB crapped out this weekend sold?

Yeah they will blame it on the economy, but they should know better because of how well the MOTO/UNC/CHICACO XX3's did.

This might be the worst Jordan of all time. No wonder the sales tanked.

This is the first signature that I havent purchases on release day since the XV.

Originally Posted by MH602

Yeah they will blame it on the economy, but they should know better because of how well the MOTO/UNC/CHICACO XX3's did.
Exactly. The economy was in the crapper last year too and people were camping out in front of stores to pay $230 for the Premier XX3's. Twice. Not to mention the "Finales" being released so close to Christmas. They can't, but will takethe easy way out and blame the economy. The Brand will still have to take more hits than this to realize that people won't spend money on low qualityretros and uninspired Frankenstein models.

Would be nice to think that JB will learn from the 2009, and put a little more effort into new shoes, and maybe even make them a little better value for money.

Instead however, they'll just claw back the money by cutting quality further, and hiking prices elsewhere.

I'm happy their not selling shoes the quality sucks and most Jordan Brand sneakers are OVERPRICED!!!!!!!! Hopefully this gets the wheels turning and JordanBrand starts making quality products like they used to when I was growing up(cuz they keep on disappointing me with every release)

i dont feel sorry at all, they should have knew better than to debut a ugly shoe and price it at 195, as my man jeezy said "its a recession,EVERYBODY's broke"

Man if everybody had a million dollars these shoes will still not get copped.

i just hope it triggers JB to finally come to their senses. Trust, even in economic hard times people still line up for J's. Jordan heads rather cop apair then pay a bill
laugh.gif

It needs to be noted - Once the shoes are on retailer shelves, JB HAS ALREADY MADE THEIR MONEY.

It is sad though....

Originally Posted by Cement Greyman

Originally Posted by MH602

Exactly. The economy was in the crapper last year too and people were camping out in front of stores to pay $230 for the Premier XX3's. Twice. Not to mention the "Finales" being released so close to Christmas. They can't, but will take the easy way out and blame the economy. The Brand will still have to take more hits than this to realize that people won't spend money on low quality retros and uninspired Frankenstein models.

I'd say a very large majority of those were bought for reselling purposes because they were limited.

Also you had 2 other shoes that released the same day so that takes a bit away from the shoes. However I'll def agree that they messed up. They releasedand inferior product compared to last years model, and on top of that decided to raise the price. The lackluster colorway didn't help much either. AirJordans MSRP should be $165 and leave it there. Anything more than that goes beyond the already ridiculous price tag. I hate spending the extra $40 for the"special" box that doesn't fit anywhere. Just put them in the regular Jordan box and save me some money. I'm interested in the shoes not thebox.

Got off on a tangent, but just felt like it needed to be said.

Good, Thats what they get. I hope they keep it up, and continue going downhill. Thats what happens when you take advantage of your customers and cheapen thegreatest sneaker line of all time.

Back
Top Bottom