Ever date a person significantly smarter than you?

Ah, didn't take long for the "There are college drop outs who are successful" comments. Whatever gives hope to the 99.9% of college drop outs who flip burgers at McDonalds is cool I suppose.

But you're right, if you succeed and you dropped out of Harvard, you were just a genius to begin with. EG. BILL GATES.

Who said college?? Im talking about high school. Dropping out of college aint ****. Absolutely no repercussions for dropping out college (well except paying financial aid/student loans back). Dropping out high school is a big deal. College is nowhere near as essential as high school (if at at all). Im pretty sure some can manage, but the odds are against them.

Damn it's either you guys think women are generally stupid or you need to up your quality of women lol
There's a difference between stupidity and naivety. Women are generally more sheltered than men are which could be why some lack "street smarts." Again, it's not that I believe all or even most women are this way, I just think that it's more common for a woman to lack street smarts than it is for a guy to. This isn't some delusional woman-hating comment or anything, just an opinion/observation. I don't think women are generally stupid. 
laugh.gif

You must not have read my post if you're going to mention quality.

roll.gif
On this planet there's nothing "sheltered" about being a woman. If I could choose a sex to be reincarnated as I'd choose being a man every time. Being a man is easier.

Women and men are just different. I think men and women are equally stupid but in their own way. When it comes to male-female interactions men are just as delusional and naive.

No one has defined street smarts yet, but I'm still working under the assumption that you mean common sense. The stupidity of the male sex is one of the reasons we don't live as long as women. Male stupidity also causes chaos on this planet on a larger scale.

I mean the male ego won't let anyone in here admit it but subconsciously this thread reeks of male insecurities.
laugh.gif

What I mean by sheltered is in their mindstates. We all know those girls who believe everyone is good on the inside no matter how bad they are, are into those fairytale-type stories, are overly trusting, are daddy's little girl, etc. I see more girls like that than guys and I would think most people observe the same thing. What's easier is besides the point.

Agreed.

I tried to define it the way I see it a few pages back, "A dumbed-down/broad way of saying you have a good sense of awareness and knowledge and understanding beyond a textbook." Not so much common sense, but seeing the realities of things, being aware. But hey, that's just my take on the phrase.

In some cases, maybe, but I wouldn't generalize that. I was personally being honest when I said that in my case, I wasn't trying to compensate for anything.

Last edited:
First off what does this have to do with intelligent women, because from the looks of things I get the feeling you think women are like this independent of how educated they are. In which case that adds nothing to this thread. It sounds like you're saying dumb or smart, women have no common sense. Are you saying dumb girls have more common sense? Are you saying a smart chick can't have common sense.

You seem to be projecting whatever type of women you deal with onto an entire gender. I could make just as many negative generalizations about men.

Don't get me wrong I see what you're saying. I've dealt with females like you described, but are men any better? I'm sure there's a female forum out there talking about how dumb we are as well. None of this is subjective.

You guys need better women that's what it comes down to, stop trying to pick up women on the 1 train.
I'll say it like this: I do not think there is a solid correlation between how educated someone (man or woman) is and their level of "street smarts." Like I specified in my post, my take on it is that it's more the ability to see the realities of things and to be aware. Common sense is obvious, I'm getting at the next level type of analysis of things that some people lack.

Not really, like you said you've dealt with females like I described and I'm sure everyone in this thread has. The fact that's true suggests that my point is valid that there is a decent portion of the female population like that out there.

I'm sure there is and I'm sure they have some valid points. What I was getting at was never about men > women.

I'll take that this is directed at other guys in here because of what I said previously. You can't generalize that everyone who said they have more street smarts than their girl either A. Think women are stupid or B. Aren't with quality women.

Last edited:
There is no correlation between how educated a person is and their level of "Street smarts". Hell we don't even know what street smarts is or how to quantify it. It sounds like people in this thread are simply NOT used to educated women, you are used to women who think they are educated. You're being very vague, what next level? reality? It sounds like a surface level attempt to make yourself somehow seem "deeper" than the women you deal with.

There's a decent portion of men out there that are dim wits as well, if you deny this fact then you have proven my original assertion that you think most women are idiots....and or you deal with low quality women.
This is what I've been saying the whole time! 
laugh.gif
 You are right, it's not quantified and it might mean something a little different to everyone. No, what I was trying to say is that common sense answers basic questions, but "street smarts" address "deeper" things like the hows and whys.

There are men out there that are dim wits. There, I said it and believe me I 100% mean it. This combined with what I've said before should prove in your eyes that neither of those are true for me. Other guys, hey maybe, but you shouldn't generalize that across the board. It seems like you're trying to get me to admit that I'm just another irrational woman-hater and I'm not. I didn't participate in this thread under the assumption that it was some sexist, male-venting thread. If you're trying to prove a point or make an example out of someone who is, I'm the wrong guy. 

Last edited:
So educated women can't answer the "whys" and "hows"? So street smarts is answering the deeper questions of the "whys" and "hows"? You still haven't given me a specific example, what are these basic yet profound questions women can't answer?

I'm not saying you're a woman hater, I'm saying you're either insecure or need better women.
Again, you're generalizing. I thought we both just agreed that there was no positive or negative correlation between educated men/women and street smarts and now you're trying to put words in my mouth that educated women are unable to answer such questions.

There is no one clear example or question that a set of people can or cannot answer. Going off of the types of women that we agreed are out there, here's an example. It may not be the best one, but it's one that I've personally heard:

The girl who believes there's good in everyone understands that bad people do bad things (common sense), but might not understand why they never see any good from them when in reality there may not be any. There are some people that are just plain evil out there.

For the millionth time I'm not insecure and I have a quality girl. The fact that you'd go to such lengths to question that is insulting. Just because we don't see eye to eye on one topic shouldn't lead to negative assumptions being made. I'm not going to entertain anymore generalizations or black and whites.

Last edited:
I am not even humble bragging, I am straight bragging. My fiancee is smarter than me. She is a very skilled lawyer and I merely shrugged my way through grad school. My soon-to-be wife made me change my own life. A few years ago, I was all about taking drugs and pounding teenage girls and then my fiancee changed me. My fiancee grew up in the hills of the 805, breaking horses to the saddle, and she eventually broke the impetuous son of another rich family.

I had always thought that I would stay in LA and marry some Persian girl but I went home and found my soul mate. Soon, we can start making little, ginger social justice warriors of our own.

I am not even humble bragging, I am straight bragging. My fiancee is smarter than me. She is a very skilled lawyer and I merely shrugged my way through grad school. My soon-to-be wife made me change my own life. A few years ago, I was all about taking drugs and pounding teenage girls and then my fiancee changed me. My fiancee grew up in the hills of the 805, breaking horses to the saddle, and she eventually broke the impetuous son of another rich family.

I had always thought that I would stay in LA and marry some Persian girl but I went home and found my soul mate. Soon, we can start making little, ginger social justice warriors of our own.
All that's relevant is bolded.  The rich have a different set of rules. And any varying level of intelligence or personal accomplishment, is either off-set or greatly augmented by the family's attributed wealth.

I congratulate you on finding love. But there is of little other relevance as it pertains to your post, as you discussed accomplishment or lack thereof and testament of will, rather than flat-out aptitude.

Last edited:
intelligence =/= education

with that said, finding an attractive female thats also intelligent and down to earth is quite difficult

THIS is a pet peeve for me and is far too common from my past experiences. :smh:

I don't want to be in a relationship with the female version of me. I don't want them pretending to like things I like just to make me feel comfortable or try to gain some points. It's cool if she likes a few things I like because I introduced her to them, but if she's gone her whole life hating something and then she starts liking it because I do, that's corny to me. Women like that have no real personality to me. They just become a new woman every time they get some good D.

The same goes with slang. I want my woman to talk like a lady, not like me. I'm glad to say that my girl hates seafood and I love it, can't stand most of the music I dig (unless it's West Coast hip hop) and dresses in her own style. :smokin

this for the most part. it good to have some differences. she doesnt have to like everything you like and you dont have to like everything she likes as long as there is some mutual respect towards said interests.

and assuming eveyone are here are shoeheads, i just find it weird to a certain extent when couples match jordans. lol. especially if she was never a shoehead in the first place. and quite frankly most chicks just flat out dont look good in in jays whatsoever. hahaha theres only a handful of chicks i know who can pull it off.

this for the most part. it good to have some differences. she doesnt have to like everything you like and you dont have to like everything she likes as long as there is some mutual respect towards said interests.

Word. I'm not into model UN, but I ask my girl how her conferences go. My girl hates Kanye, but she'll listen to We Don't Care, Blame Game, and Blood on the Leaves.

There are actually a lot of attractive girls in med school who are both book smart and "street" smart, whatever that means. Personally, I dislike that word.

As for the correlation thing, I don't get how people can say an education doesn't equate intelligence. If higher learning isn't some sort of quantifier of intelligence, what is? What is more consistently capable of quantifying intelligence than where you stand in terms of education?

Some of yall got it twisted my G's.

A college degree does not imply intelligence. It show's your ability to study and focus. It also show's how well your brain can store information. Still, that doesn't mean you're intelligent.

Edit
Thanks Ms.Frizzle @Freeze

Last edited:
Word. I'm not into model UN, but I ask my girl how her conferences go. My girl hates Kanye, but she'll listen to We Don't Care, Blame Game, and Blood on the Leaves.

Dawg..

Judging by those 3 songs your chick still got those feel's for homeboy before you. You coo with playing the rebound man?

you're* though.

Since Captain Dumbfolk decided to spell check a hooligan....

How about you add an exclamation mark instead of a period since you're making a statement or you can leave it as an incomplete sentance and really broadcast your intelligence to NT.

[emoji]128056[/emoji][emoji]9749[/emoji]️

Lol what are you going on about? An exclamation mark? In my 'sentance' huh? k.

Since Captain Dumbfolk decided to spell check a hooligan....

How about you add an exclamation mark instead of a period since you're making a statement or you can leave it as an incomplete sentance and really broadcast your intelligence to NT.

[emoji]128056[/emoji][emoji]9749[/emoji]️

sentence* though

Some of yall got it twisted my G's.

A college degree does not imply intelligence. It show's your ability to study and focus. It also show's how well your brain can store information. Still, that doesn't mean you're intelligent.

Edit
Thanks Ms.Frizzle @Freeze

Intelligence is measured by a lot of things. What you just said are just a few of the many things that determine an individual's intelligence.

A dumb person isn't going to be able to study and focus. A dumb person also cannot store information well (memory).

What do you think makes someone intelligent? I'd like to hear this answer.

I always thought intelligence was measured by experience.

There really isn't a dry-cut definition of what being "smart" really is. I guess it depends on the perspective you're looking at. You can have all the intelligence in the world to be capable of being smart, but it's another thing to have experience.

Last edited:
Experience is experience. Intelligence is intelligence. The two really do not intermingle much at all.

A 90 year old isn't going to be able to solve higher level mathematics or physics just because he lived 70 years longer than a 20 year old science prodigy. Hell, he can 5 lifetimes and he still might not be able to comprehend abstract thought.

Intelligence, for the most part, is the ability to retain knowledge/information and apply it. That's what intelligence is to me. So if you're getting a college degree "just because" you can memorize and apply facts better, yeah you're considered intelligent. To say otherwise is, well, unintelligent.

Back
Top Bottom