Ever got a Prof to help on final grade avg?

Ask if there's anything you can do to get that 1% to pass the class.  I did it to raise my B- to a B in a math class.  I went to my professor's office hours and we went over my final, she ended up giving me a few points for a dumb mistake I made and that bumped me up.

EDIT:
I googled "black baby girl"

Went to images

Saved the first picture of one that could pass as my own.

Had it in my photo album for quite some time now.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
.  Think I'm gonna save an image of my nephew or something because I know I'm gonna use this excuse.  Repped!

Last edited:
take it yeezy man
homie was talkin bout sayin he talkin to his prof about his kid for 30 minutes
i figure if you talking bout someone for that long hes ganna be bound to ask for a pic eventually

He talked about his own kid actually. He had kids later on in life (46 unless I'm mistaken), and was talking about his experiences. Then the conversation tansitioned into philosophy.

I see some things never change...your best bet was to be up in the prof's office when you first started doing bad. If he/she doesn't know you from Adam it's gonna be harder road to get your grade change. Like somebody else said...don't ask for a bump ask how you can earn it...that pretty much all you can do.

Had a talk with him about how being a new parent is difficult, especially at my age and being in school. Talked for about 30 minutes and we didn't even bring back up the grade. Turns out he let me keep my B. I have no kids.

:lol: That's pretty grimey...but I can't say I haven't done similar. I was a pre-med/bio major in college and my Chemistry prof was a beast. My boy and I stayed in dudes office the whole semester getting extra help but we were still gettin' 69's, 65's on the tests. Almost the whole class had straight F's and we flunked the final. Since the class was in our major we had to make at least a C to not have to re-take it. So me and my boy went to his office after the final and straight burst into tears...talking about how hard we worked...we just didn't understand...I'm talkin' Oscar worthy performances

We were 2 of 5 people to pass the class...with B's!! :smokin

Last edited:
It really helps if you have ut in the necessary work over the course of the year (but you know that though). I had a Geology class my freshman year and it was the hardest class of my life :lol: There was also a mandatory lab that you had to take with the class. I showed up everyday, asked questions and went to the tutoring hours that the Sci dept offered. The tests were hard as a b_ch tho lol. I earned and F, buddy GAVE me D (pause), which is what I needed to pass. :pimp:

I see some things never change...your best bet was to be up in the prof's office when you first started doing bad. If he/she doesn't know you from Adam it's gonna be harder road to get your grade change. Like somebody else said...don't ask for a bump ask how you can earn it...that pretty much all you can do.
:lol: That's pretty grimey...but I can't say I haven't done similar. I was a pre-med/bio major in college and my Chemistry prof was a beast. My boy and I stayed in dudes office the whole semester getting extra help but we were still gettin' 69's, 65's on the tests. Almost the whole class had straight F's and we flunked the final. Since the class was in our major we had to make at least a C to not have to re-take it. So me and my boy went to his office after the final and straight burst into tears...talking about how hard we worked...we just didn't understand...I'm talkin' Oscar worthy performances
We were 2 of 5 people to pass the class...with B's!!
:smokin

You SCOUNDRELS :rofl:

Done it twice. First time missed a load of work in the beginning and ended up with a C+ after the final. Before the end of the day sent prof an email for the bump and yo said sure. Got da B.

I never went in to request a bump but one time I know my grade was around a C+ or B- before the final and there was no feasible way get an A, just going off percentages. I wrote an awesome final paper. He said he was really impressed and called it brilliant; I ended up getting a perfect grade on it. Somehow my grade for the class ended up being an A too. I guess he bumped it.

My school just started using the +,- grading system. It blows. 

Last edited:
Damn. Some of you guys have no dignity :lol:. Too lazy to go to class so you make up fake children or cry to get a better grade :smh:.

Yup and what are they going to do if they find themselves in positions of power and responsibility and can't take shortcuts and make up lies like they did to get by in college?

I guess just continue lying and see how far they get.

Last edited:
lol true yall sad... grades are grades you get what you get.. stop crying

Yup and what are they going to do if they find themselves in positions of power and responsibility and can't take shortcuts and make up lies like they did to get by in college?

They do what every other person in a position of power does, hire the right person.

2.1?! Ouch... :\

Like others have been saying, you should hit up office hours and talk to the professor. Also, see first response. That's always solid.

Here is a link to her ratemyprofessor page, you guys be the judge.
http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ShowRatings.jsp?tid=475192
I just talked to the TA he told me i mad the 1 of the top 3 grades on the final and he said is was the toughest one.
He said he would talk to the Prof. for me since he saw me visit his office a hand full of times.

You go to school long enough you are going to run into a bad professor or a tough class. Anybody who says otherwise is a certified genius or hasn't been in school long enough. Do what you have to do to get the grade up, but if none of it works...take the L...and bust your butt to get through the course during the summer or next semester.

The day you realize college is roughly 70% based around you getting hustled X 30% about you actually getting a good education, is the day you know that all that matters @ the end of the day is you getting that piece of paper (diploma) by any means necessary. :evil:

The day you realize college is roughly 70% based around you getting hustled X 30% about you actually getting a good education, is the day you know that all that matters @ the end of the day is you getting that piece of paper (diploma) by any means necessary.
devil.gif
lol atleast someone knows its a hustle... books are over priced and only used for one semester and sellback prices are low balling.... also we take out loans causing many urban kids to spend all their loan money on shoes and clothes.... its all sad what we gotta do for that piece of paper because at the end of the day we invest years in that bs for some piece of paper... and know damn well that we dont know need school and we can just be trained for whatever job it may be

lol atleast someone knows its a hustle... books are over priced and only used for one semester and sellback prices are low balling.... also we take out loans causing many urban kids to spend all their loan money on shoes and clothes.... its all sad what we gotta do for that piece of paper because at the end of the day we invest years in that bs for some piece of paper... and know damn well that we dont know need school and we can just be trained for whatever job it may be

The way I see it, higher education is a means to an end...you can take 4-10 years to get that Bachelors, Masters, Phd, or MD...or you can work 25 years to get the same job you could've gotten 15 years earlier if you had a degree in hand.

At the end of the day what that degree really gives you is more options and opportunities to find success. You still gotta grind and hustle to take advantage of them.

Back
Top Bottom