Evidence that Jordan is slipping - The Air Jordan VI retro

wow. complex. prices double up because of hype. it sucks that there are just people that are easily swayed by hype or negative hype.....its like they dont have a mind of their own to decide whether the shoes they're gettin are pretty for them. They just look at websites to see if its cool...what's worse...they look at what drake, lil' wayne, and yeezy are wearin' and it becomes automatically hot. i dont even understand how i could wear copper foamposites with pants without looking like a robot. lol.

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

Originally Posted by Magic1978

I really wish dudes would stop comparing the VI to the Space Jams as a way of saying that, the VI quality is ok. I think some of you are just repeating stuff you saw someone else say or you're salty that you didn't get the Space Jams.

If they weren't supposed to resemble the infrareds, they wouldn't have made the GS durabuck.

And the paint was plain sloppy on the VI, and on the box it sure doesn't say retro +
If you don't think the Varsity Reds are better quality than the SJ's then I don't know what to tell you. And for the record, I'm not salty anymore that I didn't get these. In the end, I dodged a bullet. Are you salty sir that you dropped $175+ on a shoe that should be discounted on the sales rack in my Nike outlet? Let's not go there my dude, I have a great pair of '01 Black/Red that will outlast your SJ's in every aspect. And made to resemble the infrareds? What mainly black colorway of the VI's has released in tumbled leather? Don't worry, I'll wait. As far as the paint, mine look fine. The only pairs that I have seen with horrible paint jobs are the kids and infant sizes, which you all beasted over. Face it, you and a slew of others made it up in your own minds that these were supposed to be something that they aren't and weren't produced to be. Maybe some people don't want to wear hot pink and would rather wear red. I don't mind either and will cop the infra pack if it does indeed release. 
I have both, so who speaking from a more knowledgeable perspective?  I'm not even hating, I'm telling facts.  Like I was saying, people keep talking about something they don't know about, trying to defend their purchase.

I have the 01' Space Jams and the 09's look a lot closer in resemblance than the varsity reds and infrareds, that is a FACT.

Varsity red painted over top painted a shiny black sole comes off dull, and no there were a lot of paint problems with the VI's.  I've seen them on display models on the ones still sitting painted by people who can't stay in the lines.  Just like the ones still on the shelves look ashy from people picking them up.  I know, because I keep picking them up thinking, damn, this is how mine are going to look with time.  I told my boy last week I won't wear them that much because they're uncomfortable, and are my most uncomfortable pair of Jordans.

The only thing I'm salty that I listened to NT and got up on a Saturday at 6:30 to get a pair of kicks that are sitting like Flu Games.  I'm still salty that they @%#%+! up my grails.

Space Jams sold out for a reason.  If you put them on ebay you can make a profit off the Space Jams for a reason.
Varsity Reds are sitting for a reason.  If you put them on ebay, you won't get retail for a reason.
Both general release sneakers, that hadn't released in almost 10 years, totally different outcomes.

And VI's will be discounted on a sales rack in your local footlocker 
roll.gif

Why did I get them, truthfully I don't know.  I had serious mixed feelings purchasing them, because I knew they weren't that great going in, but I have the money and they were my grails.  I felt I would regret not getting them more than regret spending $158 getting them.

The varsity 6's are good money. Even if they weren't "infared" I wish they would have at least kept the same suede. THose things are lint and dust magnets. I wore mines for the first time and didnt go anywhere with them on. I got home and had to brush the whole shoe. Either way, I still like them. Just a classic shoe to have in your collection

if the durabuck is the reason they aint sell why arent the gs version flying off the shelves?

Originally Posted by MrWavez

if the durabuck is the reason they aint sell why arent the gs version flying off the shelves?
girls and kids cop based on HYPE...this is always been da case, if they don't see people with em on they ain't gonna rock em either...why else does nike make kids versions of

basketball shoes? because they men's versions are smoking hot so they wanna lock down da younger demographic.

i'll give you examples:

nike-air-max-cb2.jpg

when these barkley retros dropped in 2003 they were da hottest selling sneaker nike released, even selling out FASTER then da jordan VIII's and they dropped da same day.

da first 2 colors NEVER dropped for kids sizes, but they were EVERYWHERE on guys feet.....kids and girls see these sneakers on people and want them but they didn't drop

kids sizes....soon as da 3rd color dropped, all black they finally dropped em in junior sizes and they SOLD OUT FAST.

679083-001.jpg

same story with these, da retro dropped in 2001 along with da jordan XVII's and these things sold something SERIOUS....no kid sizes for at least 3 colorways that dropped right after..

as soon as these dropped...

huarache_trainer_blk_2.jpg

in kids and men sizes they SMOKED....

i'm willing to bet nike drops a kid size of da griffeys by da time da 4th colorway drops.

If JB is slipping, then so are we as consumers.
Couldn't have said it better myself...thank goodness I left JB a long time ago.....if yall wanna keep throwin' away your hard earned $$ on cheap %%!....keep on truckin'...for us who care about quality for our hard earned $, JB has been in sluffin' mode for a long time...as evidence by the recent garbage they've released.......THE LOVE FOR THE GAME HAS DIED IN THE EYES OF JB....THE $ IS THE MOTIVE

I agree that the quality of JB has been slipping, but it is a hard addiction to kick.  I just have to try and pick and choose which ones I want to add to my collection now instead of getting every release that is coming out.  I do wish the vi's would have been more consistent with the originals, but they are still the vi's...hard to resist!
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ATTENTION CARMELO ANTHONY FANS!!!

I have an authentic NBA basketball autographed by Melo with Upper Deck Authentication and a authentic Jordan M3 all star/olympic version autographed by Melo with Denver Autographs authentication up for sale and/or trade for DS size 13 Jordans.  E-mail me at bradnye14@yahoo.com if you want to see pics and learn more!  

Originally Posted by ninjahood

girls and kids cop based on HYPE...this is always been da case, if they don't see people with em on they ain't gonna rock em either...why else does nike make kids versions of

basketball shoes? because they men's versions are smoking hot so they wanna lock down da younger demographic.

i'll give you examples:

nike-air-max-cb2.jpg

when these barkley retros dropped in 2003 they were da hottest selling sneaker nike released, even selling out FASTER then da jordan VIII's and they dropped da same day.

da first 2 colors NEVER dropped for kids sizes, but they were EVERYWHERE on guys feet.....kids and girls see these sneakers on people and want them but they didn't drop

kids sizes....soon as da 3rd color dropped, all black they finally dropped em in junior sizes and they SOLD OUT FAST.

679083-001.jpg

same story with these, da retro dropped in 2001 along with da jordan XVII's and these things sold something SERIOUS....no kid sizes for at least 3 colorways that dropped right after..

as soon as these dropped...

huarache_trainer_blk_2.jpg

in kids and men sizes they SMOKED....

i'm willing to bet nike drops a kid size of da griffeys by da time da 4th colorway drops.

really insightful man. you pretty much hit this one on the nose. well done

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by MBilla4Rilla

I think it has a lot to do with the fact that the varsity VI are a general release and a lot of people were turned off that they are suede and not infrared.

30d7yvk.jpg

Infrared is a material now? 
roll.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
MJ looks mad old in this pic

They're below retail on eBay because it's a GR release, even if it was somewhat limited prices would be higher

did you get the Motorsport 6's?!?!?!?
c'mon now, think before you post something like that arc9802. JB has turned it around since the 11 cdp

with the vi most people copped because there the vi (i know thats the reason i did) . truthfully i havent brought jordans for year because of the quality but the motorsport are one of the best made jordans in a while sad thing is they stop at sz 12

Originally Posted by SoleAsian

They're below retail on eBay because it's a GR release
thats funny, so were da space jams..looked how that turned out

bottomline is people wasn't feeling da suede.

did you get the Motorsport 6's?!?!?!?
c'mon now, think before you post something like that arc9802. JB has turned it around since the 11 cdp

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
...I bet they have....plz tell us how they turned it around.........

sj werent a GR

eyes.gif
Supremacy wrote:

sj werent a GR

hmmm, kids, juniors, infant sizes...yet it wasn't a GR?
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

them things was GR, they just had a overwhelming demand.

Originally Posted by khoshabasfinest23

The varsity red 6 didn't sell Well because they used suede. Atleast that's why I didn't buy them. And the white red 12 released at the worst time possible. Right before space jams. People were staying tight on funds to save for the jams

agreed

On this, I agree 100% with Ninjahood.  Couldn't have said it better myself. 
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by JordanFan04

I really wish dudes would stop comparing the VI to the Space Jams as a way of saying that, the VI quality is ok. I think some of you are just repeating stuff you saw someone else say or you're salty that you didn't get the Space Jams.

If they weren't supposed to resemble the infrareds, they wouldn't have made the GS durabuck.

And the paint was plain sloppy on the VI, and on the box it sure doesn't say retro +
If you don't think the Varsity Reds are better quality than the SJ's then I don't know what to tell you. And for the record, I'm not salty anymore that I didn't get these. In the end, I dodged a bullet. Are you salty sir that you dropped $175+ on a shoe that should be discounted on the sales rack in my Nike outlet? Let's not go there my dude, I have a great pair of '01 Black/Red that will outlast your SJ's in every aspect. And made to resemble the infrareds? What mainly black colorway of the VI's has released in tumbled leather? Don't worry, I'll wait. As far as the paint, mine look fine. The only pairs that I have seen with horrible paint jobs are the kids and infant sizes, which you all beasted over. Face it, you and a slew of others made it up in your own minds that these were supposed to be something that they aren't and weren't produced to be. Maybe some people don't want to wear hot pink and would rather wear red. I don't mind either and will cop the infra pack if it does indeed release. 
I have both, so who speaking from a more knowledgeable perspective?  I'm not even hating, I'm telling facts.  Like I was saying, people keep talking about something they don't know about, trying to defend their purchase.

I have the 01' Space Jams and the 09's look a lot closer in resemblance than the varsity reds and infrareds, that is a FACT.

Varsity red painted over top painted a shiny black sole comes off dull, and no there were a lot of paint problems with the VI's.  I've seen them on display models on the ones still sitting painted by people who can't stay in the lines.  Just like the ones still on the shelves look ashy from people picking them up.  I know, because I keep picking them up thinking, damn, this is how mine are going to look with time.  I told my boy last week I won't wear them that much because they're uncomfortable, and are my most uncomfortable pair of Jordans.

The only thing I'm salty that I listened to NT and got up on a Saturday at 6:30 to get a pair of kicks that are sitting like Flu Games.  I'm still salty that they @%#%+! up my grails.

Space Jams sold out for a reason.  If you put them on ebay you can make a profit off the Space Jams for a reason.
Varsity Reds are sitting for a reason.  If you put them on ebay, you won't get retail for a reason.
Both general release sneakers, that hadn't released in almost 10 years, totally different outcomes.

And VI's will be discounted on a sales rack in your local footlocker 
roll.gif

Why did I get them, truthfully I don't know.  I had serious mixed feelings purchasing them, because I knew they weren't that great going in, but I have the money and they were my grails.  I felt I would regret not getting them more than regret spending $158 getting them.

Defend my purchase? I don't have to defend %$! that I spent MY MONEY on. Did you stop reading after I said I wasn't salty anymore? Sorry that the paint on your pair is sloppy, but mine isn't. Uncomfortable? Damn, that's a first. I actually feel these are extremely comfortable, and actually run true to size. And you're damn right the SJ's sold out for a reason, because to the general public who know nothing about Jordan, XI's>>>>>>>>>>>everything. The shoe is iconic in itself. It put patent leather on the map, so trying to put together an argument on these not selling out compared to a pair of XI's is ridiculous. Drop those garbage $%% 25th Anniversary XI's and the Infrared pack around the same time and see which sells faster. Bottom line, you and a bunch of others made these VI's out to be something they aren't and weren't intended to be, which are the Infrareds. Hence me not understanding how these were your grails and this colorway never released before.

eyes.gif
Supremacy wrote:

ninjahood wrote:

SoleAsian wrote:

sj werent a GR

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

From what I understand, there was only like 36? pairs at Footaction or whatever so that's not really a GR

eyes.gif
Supremacy wrote:

sj werent a GR

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

SJ's was an extra hyped GR.............Whats the Reason for red and white 12's not flying off of shelves?  The quality of the 12's blew the s*** out of the SJ's......
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom