F1 Official Thread - Grand Prix of Britain

@McLarenF1

Jenson signs innovative new two-year role at McLaren-Honda, focusing on team & car development. Full line-up next... 

@McLarenF1

Our 2017 race driver line-up: Fernando Alonso & Stoffel Vandoorne, with Jenson working with them in his new role. 

Crb-jqLWgAA_IhY.jpg:large

So he's basically a test driver /third driver now. welp. :\

So he's basically a test driver /third driver now. welp.
ohwell.gif
Reading some of the quotes, he seemed pretty happy with this decision.  If he wanted to continue racing, he could have joined Williams, but he also stated that he wanted a break... so hence, this sabbatical might be just what he needs.  For McLaren, it's a bit of an insurance policy cuz Alonso realistically could quit if they continue to struggle in 2017.  A bit of a win-win for both sides.  Stoffel was gonna get a drive either from McLaren or another team, so they needed to lock him down.  

Sweet... where are the seats?
no clue, I just have to confirm that I want to go. My godfather's son can get the tickets, I assume they should be good seats since he works for a corporate partner. Only thing is I thougnt the race was in November, it's actually next month. I've never travelled on my own either, so I have no idea what I'm doing :lol:

Nice. Have to attend at least one motorsport event this year. Skipped this weekend's grand prix in Singapore, though. F1 is too expensive to be an annual thing. :x Besides that, last year's race weekend is really hard to top, experience-wise. :rofl:

In other motorsports events, WEC 6 Hours at the Circuit of the Americas should start in about 11 hours. :smokin

Despite the top 5 results having stayed relatively the same towards the end, it was a pretty entertaining race!  Watching Danny Ric close the gap in chunks was exciting, while Merc's undercut gamble for Lewis paid off.  That started the whole chain-reaction! 

That end of the SC though... that should not be happening... whether it was Race Control or the marshaling system had a miscommunication, they need to make sure it never happens again.  

And also, what a great fight by Kvyat... taking it to Max in an inferior car.  Fantastic to see. 

Last edited:
This is Nico's championship now.

Lewis' starts are terrible.

Exciting ending to the race though. Loved the chain reaction and hope we see that happen more often.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom